• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Meh. I feel like he was reaching a bit at times. Also, those poses in the chorus of Great Days are not from the manga. Small nitpick.

yeah the only pose that wasn't new was Rohan

HNjxgd.jpg

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Some cool fan art of Kira and Josuke:

edit: apparently this fan art should be considered a spoiler.

tumblr_ohatbvheY61vgdj3uo1_1280.png

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
As an anime only watcher I don't understand what you guys are pointing out but I'll spoiler tag the image. I just thought it was nice fan art of Part 4.

Part 8 spoilers:
They're the post-Made In Heaven universe's versions of Yoshikage Kira and Josefume Kujo, two individuals who eventually merge into that part's main protagonist, which is that universe's Josuke Higashikata. This is a BIG spoiler as Josuke is introduced with amnesia and we don't learn his identity until well into the story.

Astral

As an anime only watcher I don't understand what you guys are pointing out but I'll spoiler tag the image. I just thought it was nice fan art of Part 4. The artist even stated it was Josuke/Kira fan art.

I thought this was the case. If
you look closely though, something is off.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Part 8 spoilers:
They're the post-Made In Heaven universe's versions of Yoshikage Kira and Josefume Kujo, two individuals who eventually merge into that part's main protagonist, which is that universe's Josuke Higashikata. This is a BIG spoiler as Josuke is introduced with amnesia and we don't learn his identity until well into the story.

This must be what it feels like when someone explains a video game plot to someone who doesn't understand video games at all lol. Although that sounds cool, I have no idea what almost everything of what you just posted means. In my current part 4 mind it just feels like some out of context detail that would make more sense if I read part 8.

I thought this was the case. If
you look closely though, something is off.

Again I can't see it. I'm sure there are others who don't know the manga that can't see it either. My apologies to anyone who happened to see it and understood it as a spoiler though.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Are you guys literally posting lengthy explanations labeled "Part 8 spoilers" now? Boy, this thread...

cntr

Banned
You don't need to say anything other than "Those are part 8 characters", not post a detailed spoiler spoiling multiple parts, yo.

Mothers Basement finally put out his What's in an OP to all three DiU OP's

I feel like this time it wasn't as good as his other two videos, but still very cool since there was still a bunch of stuff that i missed

I've never seen an anime company put as much love and effort into an opening as much as David Pro does.

You could write essays about all the hidden references, clues, and teases in every JoJo opening.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Haha just finished watching Part 4. Probably the furthest I've gotten into Jojo. Debating picking up the manga but we'll see. That said the series is as obviously Bizarre as I expected and I've honestly been exposed to it so much by just cultural osmosis by being a big anime/manga person that I was aware of many of the characters, stands etc. Overall its one of those very distinct series that I won't be forgetting for a long time. Also fuck you Dio.

Haha just finished watching Part 4. Probably the furthest I've gotten into Jojo. Debating picking up the manga but we'll see. That said the series is as obviously Bizarre as I expected and I've honestly been exposed to it so much by just cultural osmosis by being a big anime/manga person that I was aware of many of the characters, stands etc. Overall its one of those very distinct series that I won't be forgetting for a long time. Also fuck you Dio.
Dio is probably the best anime asshole.

HStallion

Dio is probably the best anime asshole.

I was more amazed how many fuckers worshiped his ass but then again I guess he was so evil after a while he was enthralling, that and vampire charisma. I'll admit part 3 kind of drags in the middle. A lot of the stands or stand users weren't that interesting even if the fights were the usual,"What the fuck? Really?" kind of battles and Jotoro was a bit... bland as a lead. Still the ending once they finally made it to Eygpt was pretty good and the final battle was suitable ridiculous.

I was more amazed how many fuckers worshiped his ass but then again I guess he was so evil after a while he was enthralling, that and vampire charisma. I'll admit part 3 kind of drags in the middle. A lot of the stands or stand users weren't that interesting even if the fights were the usual,"What the fuck? Really?" kind of battles and Jotoro was a bit... bland as a lead. Still the ending once they finally made it to Eygpt was pretty good and the final battle was suitable ridiculous.
Pet Shop and Vanilla Ice were his best followers to me. Pet Shop was my favorite, fucking swag ass falcon. Even Avdol wanted to fuck Dio.

HStallion

Pet Shop and Vanilla Ice were his best followers to me. Pet Shop was my favorite, fucking swag ass falcon. Even Avdol wanted to fuck Dio.

The Egyptian Stand users in general were more interesting and or hilarious than a lot of the card based ones. I was glad Araki dropped the stands being part of something pre-established and were even more unique. That and it felt like Twin Peaks at times.

The Egyptian Stand users in general were more interesting and or hilarious than a lot of the card based ones. I was glad Araki dropped the stands being part of something pre-established and were even more unique. That and it felt like Twin Peaks at times.
Part 4 is definitely Twin Peaks and at times Seinfeld with stands. it's my favorite part so far. I need to get back on with reading Part 5 though.

HStallion

Jotaro is the best JoJo. I said it.

He honestly grew on me. Like I really didn't care for him when he was calling his mother a bitch because... well that felt random and then he became far less of a weird antisocial hard ass. He never opens up but by the end he's at least cracking a smile a lot more and being a bit more... Jojo like. Before that he felt like brooding McEdgelord. I started liking him as Part 3 went on. Its weird seeing him again in Part 4 and being a lot less jacked and old man Joestar was great.

He honestly grew on me. Like I really didn't care for him when he was calling his mother a bitch because... well that felt random and then he became far less of a weird antisocial hard ass. He never opens up but by the end he's at least cracking a smile a lot more and being a bit more... Jojo like. Before that he felt like brooding McEdgelord. I started liking him as Part 3 went on. Its weird seeing him again in Part 4 and being a lot less jacked and old man Joestar was great.
Get used to less jacked, they get skinnier and skinnier with every part.

Jotaro is the best JoJo. I said it.

I agree with this. I use to be a huge fan of Joseph because he was just that dude. He always had some way of getting out of stuff and he was a cocky smartass. When introduced to Jotaru tho, I really disliked him..that too cool shit was played out for me. Him disrespecting his mom got me tight too....but then he grew on me. In this season, it was when I finally put him on top.

If they allow josuke another season like they did with jotaru, he might top him because tbh, josuke and jotaru aren't that much different from each other. Imo josuke is Joseph and Jotaru combined into one.

I'd say Jotaro learned to open up. He is crying by the end when Polnareff leaves.

Also, anime part 3 Jotaro is about...a degree sterner than manga Jotaro, at least in my opinion. In the manga he's much more expressive but they keep him looking pissed off all the time in the anime.

Jesus, every time I see this thread bumped I keep expecting Vento Oreo announcements. Anyways, regarding best Jojo; I always thought it was really unfair to judge them in all their roles instead of their respective parts. Ofc Jotaro is going to be up there because he's literally able to develop over the course of generations. I'd easily switch Jotaro and Joseph if we count all their cameos, but individually, Joseph is on top and Jotaro is bottom tier

Gureto Festibaru

Gotta say that I enjoyed the DiU adaptation immensely. Probably my favorite of DavidPro's JoJo anime thus far. Even so, I would have liked for RPS Kid and a few more episodes to have taken advantage of the minute-longer opportunities for it to not be as streamlined (compared to the manga) in the end

Every JoJo rocks their own style so hard. Jotaro is the king but Josuke's shoe and accessory game is so on point. Fuck it it's not even exclusive to JoJos. Rohan can dress.
Rohan is even stylish as fuck just lounging around his pre burnt down house.
Gureto Festibaru

Gotta say that I enjoyed the DiU adaptation immensely. Probably my favorite of DavidPro's JoJo anime thus far. Even so, I would have liked for RPS Kid and a few more episodes to have taken advantage of the minute-longer opportunities for it to not be as streamlined (compared to the manga) in the end
I don't know if I could do an extra minute of Janken Boy. Now I'm picturing an RPS Kid vs Gon fight...

I like how Genthru's condition to
activate his Nen ability
is literally to monologue on about what he is about to do, at the very least

Top Bottom