• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Eyes of Heaven Launches June 28 in Americas

JayEH

Specs

Release Date: June 28, 2016
Developer: CyberConnect2
Genre: Action / Fighting
Players: 1 offline / 2-4 online
Ratings: RP
Text: English, French, Spanish
Voiceover: Japanese

Features

A boy named Joestar. In an original story that spans generations, all the members of the House of Joestar are joining forces to unravel a terrible mystery and discover the “Truth”!

More more more. More than 50 characters coming from the 8 chapters of the story!

It’s all in the game. New incredible abilities and fighting styles made possible through open stage cooperative battles! Select your favorite duo and trigger devastating Dual Heat Attacks!

Roam. Larger environments with even more stage gimmicks.

http://gematsu.com/2016/04/jojos-bizarre-adventure-eyes-heaven-launches-june-28-americas

Neoxon

Sounds great, though I hope we get English voice acting eventually once we get more JoJo anime adaptations dubbed (PB & BT were dubbed already, with SC & DiU dubs on the way).

Mupod

I'm kinda unclear on what this game is actually. I assumed it was a direct sequel to the previous fighter they put out but that's not the case?

Sounds great, though I hope we get English voice acting eventually once we get more JoJo anime adaptations dubbed (PB & BT were dubbed already, with SC & DiU dubs on the way).

JJBA is one of the only times I'd rather they didn't. No offence to Paul Mercier, but the direction of the dub for the fist episode of Crusaders was awful.

Edit: Also Joseph's engrish lines would lose their comedic effect entirely.

JJBA is one of the only times I'd rather they didn't. No offence to Paul Mercier, but the direction of the dub for the fist episode of Crusaders was awful.

Edit: Also Joseph's engrish lines would lose their comedic effect entirely.

Matthew Mercer. You got your Leons mixed up!

I agree though. It's weird but while I have nothing against dubs, Jojo is one of those series where I feel like it loses a bit of its luster being dubbed. The hammy nature just runs the risk of sounding awkward or like an imitation of the original, if that makes sense.

It probably doesn't help that the 2012 series's dub was absolutely terrible (for the reasons i mentioned above + a bunch of iffy casting choices).

if Namco cant be bothered to dub One piece games, then they are surely not going to be dubbing Jojo games

Matthew Mercer. You got your Leons mixed up!

I agree though. It's weird but while I have nothing against dubs, Jojo is one of those series where I feel like it loses a bit of its luster being dubbed. The hammy nature just runs the risk of sounding awkward or like an imitation of the original, if that makes sense. The JP audio is fine.

It probably doesn't help that the 2012 series's dub was absolutely terrible (for the reasons i mentioned above + a bunch of iffy casting choices).

It still confuses me that Capcom changed va's to someone with the same last name.

And I agree. There's plenty of instances I'd argue that dub is better, but this is definitely not one of them.

wwm0nkey

I heard it wasn't so hot for an arena fighter but damn do I want my dream team.
It's not the best thing but it's not bad, they could have gone a bit more crazy with the stand abilities and there is one character who has a super OP ability out of any fighting game I've ever played lol

Over all, a solid 7.5 or 8 out of 10

Nachos

Considering a good dub of JoJo doesn't exist I'm okay with this
At least there's elements of one. The English script for part 1 was amazing, but it was held back by some bad performances, casting, and accents. Part 2 was better, but still weird in a lot of places, and Joseph really changed by the lack of a deep voice, though his acting was still good. Part 3's test dub was also pretty good, but who knows if it'll stay that way for a full series.

JayEH

Patrick Seitz as Dio was the only good casting in the Jojo dub imo. Everyone else was...questionable.

Nachos

Patrick Seitz as Dio was the only good casting in the Jojo dub imo. Everyone else was...questionable.
I actually thought he was kind of average, but I don't know who else you could get for the part. I prefer English Speedwagon, though, which is about the only thing I can say unqualified.

Faux British JYB was a mistake.

JayEH

I actually thought he was kind of average, but I don't know who else you could get for the part. I prefer English Speedwagon, though, which is about the only thing I can say unqualified.

Yes I can agree on that. I don't know what they were thinking.

Ridley327

I don't know, Faux Italian Bryce Papenbrook might be worse.

jojo-yes-o.gif

D-Man

I looked at the pictures from the link in the OP and it looks like Pet Shop is now Animal Shop while Polnareff is just Jean Pierre, no last name.

I wonder why they couldn't keep their names? The Crunchyroll subs for the anime didn't have an issue.

*points at Matthew Mercer as Jotaro & Richard Epcar as Old Joseph*

Stardust Crusaders' test dub was all right, but the 2012 show's dub was yikes.

I looked at the pictures from the link in the OP and it looks like Pet Shop is now Animal Shop while Polnareff is just Jean Pierre, no last name.

I wonder why they couldn't keep their names? The Crunchyroll subs for the anime didn't have an issue.

Since most of the characters are named after bands or musicians, the localizations have to change the names so they don't get sued.

Polnareff is a weird one because it's only the two Namco games where they've changed him. The last game hilariously renamed him as... Jean Pierre Eiffel.

Ridley327

I could understand there being an issue with Pet Shop if his full name was Pet Shop Boy, but it isn't. It's so harmless the way it is.

Considering a good dub of JoJo doesn't exist I'm okay with this

Viz is redubbing the series, right?

It might end up happening. I don't mind the voice choices for the dub but I do question the script choices such as Caesar's accent: he would have been perfect without it.

Top Bottom