• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emporio think he's slick I see where those eyes are looking

one of the things I like about jorge joestar is how the plot is only possible if the events of Battle Tendency, and only Battle Tendency, occur in exactly the same way through 36 world resets.

cntr

Banned
Foo Fighters is a stand whose power is to give a collection of plankton the ability to connect and form a hivemind, collectively creating a human-level intelligence which also calls itself "Foo Fighters"

Foo Fighters is a stand whose power is to give a collection of plankton the ability to connect and form a hivemind, collectively creating a human-level intelligence which also calls itself "Foo Fighters"

More accurately, the Stand known as Foo Fighters is an intelligent individual while the Stand User is a colony of plankton. It's an interesting reversal on the usual "intelligent Stand User, unintelligent Stand". It's not even a case of the Stand User and Stand both being intelligent, like with Spice Girl, Sex Pistols, and Whitesnake. The one doing all the thinking, feeling, and living is the Stand (plankton literally do not have the brains for a hive mind). She's really unique in this case.

Jolyne's pretty quick to catch on once Foo Fighters actually starts talking during their fight.

img000008.png

cntr

Banned
no one would have believed in the last years of the twentieth century

that human affairs were being watched by the thirty-six kars of space

That's one of the many many MANY WTF plot elements of the novel Jorge Joestar.
It's revealed Made in Heaven managed to reset the universe 36 times, and it's not a universal reset, just an Earth reset, and every timeline Battle Tendency happens and sends Kars into space, and after it happens so many times they form a community on Mars.

JORGE JOESTAR!
o_O

The greatest part of this is how she can't even see Star Platinum yet. Amazing.

I have taken up screwing around with the people I've gotten into JoJo by telling them that Stroheim comes back again, Polnareff is a turtle, and Dio is a raptor.
Hilarious confusion abound.

o_O

The greatest part of this is how she can't even see Star Platinum yet. Amazing.

I have taken up screwing around with the people I've gotten into JoJo by telling them that Stroheim comes back again, Polnareff is a turtle, and Dio is a raptor.
Hilarious confusion abound.

Did you mention how Jesus was the original JoJo and someone nearly died to killer balloon animals

and how can I forget my favorite, "part 7 is about horse jockeys battling the president of the united states over the corpse of Jesus by rotating their balls"

Did you mention how Jesus was the original JoJo and someone nearly died to killer balloon animals

and how can I forget my favorite, "part 7 is about horse jockeys battling the president of the united states over the corpse of Jesus by rotating their balls"

My go to summation is, "Part 7 is about a parapalegic horse jockey racing across the wild west against a raptor reincarnated from a vampire in order to stop the president of America from literally finding Jesus".

It usually gets some weird looks lmao.

Bought the whole collection a while ago and i finally finished to read them all!

what a ride, this was amazing! My favourite parts are 4-7-6!

I'm now at volume 2 of jojolion, waiting for the release of volume 3 (in french), march 1st!

jojolion-3.jpg

Astral

So what are the best quality JoJo figures? I got my tax money so I figure one or two pieces of JoJo merchandise wouldn't hurt. I think I want JoJoveller and a Stand figure.

Doukou

SAS is my favorite brand of Jojo figures, a lot of articulation and reasonably priced.

Statue legend is good for more obscure stands like Grateful Dead, no articulation.

Real action heroes is the highest quality, but you are limited on your stand choices.

Astral

SAS is my favorite brand of Jojo figures, a lot of articulation and reasonably priced.

Statue legend is good for more obscure stands like Grateful Dead, no articulation.

Real action heroes is the highest quality, but you are limited on your stand choices.

Are SAS those Medicos ones? That's what pops up. They're pretty cheap. Spice Girl is only $28. I guess no one loves her. Real Action Heroes though...$500 for Star Platinum. No thanks.

Doukou

Yah Medicos is SAS.
I recommend white version Killer Queen, it's great and the paint on its body looks great compared to the shiny paint on some of the others.

Astral

But of course Killer Queen is the most expensive one. I'd feel kinda guilty spending that much. I can either buy him or buy two other figures for probably the same price as one KQ. Not sure which ones I should go for though...

Doukou

But of course Killer Queen is the most expensive one. I'd feel kinda guilty spending that much. I can either buy him or buy two other figures for probably the same price as one KQ. Not sure which ones I should go for though...

What site are you looking at?
Hobbylink/AmiAmi offer way more reasonable prices than Amazon.

Astral

What site are you looking at?
Hobbylink/AmiAmi offer way more reasonable prices than Amazon.

Yeah I noticed. It looks...complicated. Not really sure how to go about it. I'd have to ask a cousin of mine. He got some figures off of AmiAmi I think. Anyway, I've decided I don't want Killer Queen anymore. I think I'm gonna go for Stone Free. It looks so damn slick and Stone Free is awesome. Maybe I'll throw in Spice Girl just because of how cheap she is. Giving the female Stands some love.

Yeah I noticed. It looks...complicated. Not really sure how to go about it. I'd have to ask a cousin of mine. He got some figures off of AmiAmi I think. Anyway, I've decided I don't want Killer Queen anymore. I think I'm gonna go for Stone Free. It looks so damn slick and Stone Free is awesome. Maybe I'll throw in Spice Girl just because of how cheap she is. Giving the female Stands some love.
AmiAmi is pretty easy. You set up an account, order, and they'll send you an invoice after they calculate everything, and then you pay. You'll be charged in Yen, so your payment method's conversion rate will apply.

Astral

AmiAmi is pretty easy. You set up an account, order, and they'll send you an invoice after they calculate everything, and then you pay. You'll be charged in Yen, so your payment method's conversion rate will apply.

Oh then in that case I'll definitely buy Killer Queen from them if I like Stone Free (already ordered it). It's like 120 on Amazon and about half of that on AmiAmi even after shipping and handling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom