• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

Only watched the the anime but can i just jump into the new universe mangas and can i start with jojolion or do i need to read part 7

Only watched the the anime but can i just jump into the new universe mangas and can i start with jojolion or do i need to read part 7
It kind of helps to read stuff in order. I tried reading Part 6 after Part 3 and it didn't take, I'm currently reading Part 5 now and it's good, besides you can't skip over Part 6, it's peak bat shit.

cntr

Banned
Chapter 64

goddamnit araki you can't leave us on that cliffhanger

cool chapter.

bets on whether Araki steals the plot of Speed for the next stand battle!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Just started reading more of Part 5 after a break and my first thought is Buccellati has a very feminine Beatle-esque haircut.

Before I read through all the parts I used to confuse him and Hermes whenever I saw them in various art. :/

"Take your time and enjoy sunbathing!" So far Gold Experience doesn't seem to be that OP. It has a weird ability, but it doesn't seem that strong for a Punch Ghost. Now all of a sudden Koichi is an expert on remote controlled stands. Post "I've seen some shit" Koichi is great.

Part 5 can be read as the story of how Araki slowly realized "you know I'm pretty sure I can make gold experience do a bunch of shit and justify it with the power of life"
Banana...god damn. So I take it Mista would flip his shit if he was watching Zeta Gundam and came across Four Murasame? Fugo is a horrible teacher and Narancia is a horrible student. "He turned of his teeth into a jellyfish..."
5ca.jpg

Banana...god damn. So I take it Mista would flip his shit if he was watching Zeta Gundam and came across Four Murasame? Fugo is a horrible teacher and Narancia is a horrible student. "He turned of his teeth into a jellyfish..."
5ca.jpg

I haven't watched Gundam, but I would imagine that they are the "Four Murasame" for exactly the same reason that Mista doesn't like the number 4.

Number 4 being associated with death and general unluck is quite pervasive in manga/anime/etc. If you look at Death Note, basically everything about it revolves around the number 4.

I haven't watched Gundam, but I would imagine that they are the "Four Murasame" for exactly the same reason that Mista doesn't like the number 4.

Number 4 being associated with death and general unluck is quite pervasive in manga/anime/etc. If you look at Death Note, basically everything about it revolves around the number 4.
I had no idea four was used a lot in Death Note. Well they just freeze framed what Soft Machine does, that can go fuck right off since I'm about to start eating here.

I had no idea four was used a lot in Death Note. Well they just freeze framed what Soft Machine does, that can go fuck right off since I'm about to start eating here.

There's a lot of random math connections that do it (like the time it takes for it to just trigger a heart attack if no detailed death is given is like 4 minutes and 16 seconds, which is 4 and 4x4 seconds, or some shit). I remember a few of the 4 connections were actually kind of clever.

From TV Tropes:
There are powers of four all over Death Note... for obvious reasons. Take the Note's rules as one example: once a name is written in it, that person dies 40 seconds later. In addition, you have six minutes and forty seconds to write the details of the death after the name and cause - in other words, 400 seconds. One of the rules unmentioned in the series is that writing a name incorrectly four times in the Death Note by accident will grant the person who the user was trying to kill immunity to that Death Note. However, writing the name four times incorrectly on purpose will not only not render the target immune to that Death Note, but kill the user who wrote the name.
On a far more obscure note, Light's given name is spelt as "moon" (月). This has four strokes, which is ... crashingly unlucky and symbolic. Poor Light, doomed from birth. On top of that, Mikami's office is number 4. Also, Rem is Shinigami ranked number 4

One I saw mentioned was that there were 4 Death Notes in the human world, though I don't remember that all too much.

EDIT: Wait you're disgusted by Soft Machine?
Ahahahahahaha
Good luck

I don't recall ever seeing a stand ingest food though, it's a spiritual manifestation. Magicians Red didn't eat and it was a bird man. And don't bring up Stray Cat either, it had a plant and cat body.

Stray Cat did drink that bird's blood after shooting it out of the air.
I consider Stray Cat to be the exception since most stands aren't former living things. Stray Cat still had the mind and mental awareness of a cat, it knew it was a cat and still had cat like instincts. Is it safe to assume Foo Fighters eats?

...that was a middle schooler in the latest Jojolion?

"Take your time and enjoy sunbathing!" So far Gold Experience doesn't seem to be that OP. It has a weird ability, but it doesn't seem that strong for a Punch Ghost.

You have NO idea

4 to Japan is basically what 13 is to us.

I sometimes wonder if Light hated his parents for giving his name a Japanese spelling but an English pronunciation. 'cause yo, that's stupid.

Lol at least it's no Battler Ushiromiya.

I'm going to go with probably not.

What is Araki's deal with people getting set on fire? He's always loved either doing it or having one of his characters threaten to do it.

Is it odd that I sorta expected the kid to threaten Jobin to light the Girl's dog (she has a dog just so Araki can kill it) on fire instead of the house?

Squishy3

So for latest chapter:
I guess Norisuke doesn't want anything to do with Kaato because he assumes she murdered the kid because he was bullying Joubin, not knowing that Joubin accidentally did it with his Stand? Next bit looks promising with the fight already kicking off though, and the guy driving the bus now has probably already been attacked by the Stand user before judging by the way he's acting.

I wonder what the OT for Part 5 is gonna be. Really should be "I give this thread life" or some shit like that or "I Giorno Giovanna have an OT."

When was Giorno revealed to be Dio's son we can make a vague dio joke
Early on in the manga, but that's too much of a spoiler for non manga readers in my opinion. A headless vampire knocking boots with a Japanese woman to spawn a kid is something that needs to be sprung on people, they need to not know about it ahead of time.

Yep was just revealed in the second chapter but faie enough.

Also i like that Giorno share his dad love of useless
Giorno's interesting. He's not Dio, but he's not like Josuke, but in a way he's like Dio...so far.
Same, though he doesn't quite use it with the same fervor.

Also, let's not pretend that we can even spoil this shit.
It's odd what is and isn't known. I didn't know about Giorno until I saw it in a youtube video from an Araki interview cause I opted to not skip the part summaries. I was like "wtf fuck Dio had kids? Bullshit." I also didn't know what the fuck Black Sabbath looked like till today, yet I knew that there was a stand named Black Sabbath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom