• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Tron Show - Reviews, Lists, Madness

Weiss

Banned
Do I even want to watch that?

Fuck. JonTron brought me so much joy. He's fucking hilarious, but I can't in good conscious continue to support him knowing he's this much of a fucking cretin.

Do I even want to watch that?

Fuck. JonTron brought me so much joy. He's fucking hilarious, but I can't in good conscious continue to support him knowing he's this much of a fucking cretin.

He's like I know I said this stuff but I didn't mean it everyone is nitpicking

It's pretty terrible

At least he has learned that the Irish were racially persecuted

bruh that video got me heated again. he takes absolutely no responsibility for anything he did or said and just chalks it up to him not being good at debates and people nitpicking and misconstruing what he said.

Anung

Un Rama
The sad thing is his fans are already eating that shit up and the rest of the YT will be probably think it was enough to move on from the controversy.

Pretty heinous stuff.

NotLiquid

I mean, what's the best thing you can say about his response,

That he's moreso really ignorant rather than a deliberately horrible person?

I've already had enough benefit of doubt. I've given Jon way too many chances hoping he can "learn" from his embarrassing fuck ups. But he continues to deflect and just keeps disappointing me. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

And at that point I just don't have any patience anymore to deal with it. I'd rather he just took the L and moved on and maybe actually learn something from it. Maybe he will, but based on this "response" I don't believe that's ever going to happen. It's the same old shit, the same old song and dance, every time something like this happens.

The sad thing is his fans are already eating that shit up and the rest of the YT will be probably think it was enough to move on from the controversy.

Pretty heinous stuff.
If it makes you feel better, the JonTron subreddit is not having any of this statement at all

Honestly I think this is the worst statement he could have made. No responsibility taken. No reflection as to why saying things like "immigrants dilute the gene pool."

If it makes you feel better, the JonTron subreddit is not having any of this statement at all

It really does make me feel a bit better. Honestly.

NotLiquid

That's good. I'm really not sure more pats on the back is something Jon needs at this point. The more I think about this "statement" the more disingenuous it seems, and it still falls apart at the seams - just not as readily apparent as on the debate. He's basically saying the same things as before but gussied up to make it seem less like it's on him even though he's already exposed himself.

Man I feel like kind of an idiot looking back at some posts I made here years back where I defended him.

Anung

Un Rama
"You don't want to have an honest conversation about race! Because you criticised me for sharing literally false information!"

Also delisted video that only his Twitter followers will see. Trying to sweep it under the rug methinks.

His Reddit going at him hard does make me feel better.

I think his statement video was fine. Good on him for saying something and not being silent. I was never going to stop watching Jontron because I can separate the art from the artist. That's really all I have to say on that.

Garbage video. When he brings up those shocking statistics people supposedly can't deal with, I honestly wanted to turn off. He learned nothing other than the fact that he should masquerade his racism better in the future. It was enlightening to see what he really thinks during the debate with Destiny.

And he keeps repeating "please don't dissect what I said" - Very few of his statements were actually ambiguous. I'm not sure how to interpret his gene pool dilution comment other than how the community interpreted it.

At the end of the video he said that he's done, and will get back to doing comedy.

he said that he was going to be done with politics in the Q&A and that it wasn't something he does normally or was planning to do. Yet here we are. I'll believe it when I see it, just wait for the next controversy on politics and look at his twitter.

Zubz

Banned
So, only his Twitter followers were meant to see this. The same ones that stuck around after several bigoted rants. The ones that defended him during the Destiny interview. The literal Neo-Nazi's he has thanked for their support through this as he continues to shut out everyone else, and who want Jon to publicly agree with them more.

Who is this statement even for, then?

I think his statement video was fine. Good on him for saying something and not being silent. I was never going to stop watching Jontron because I can separate the art from the artist. That's really all I have to say on that.

"Saying something" on... ?

What he said wasn't "fine." What this was wasn't an apology, a reflection, or anything but a deflection. He learned nothing & will likely continue to delve deeper into the "Alt-Right" echo chamber until he publicly does something somehow even worse than stating that African Americans are genetically predisposed towards crime.

he said that he was going to be done with politics in the Q&A and that it wasn't something he does normally or was planning to do. Yet here we are. I'll believe it when I see it, just wait for the next controversy on politics and look at his twitter.

Oh, never mind then. I didn't watch the Q&A video so I didn't know about that.

What was said can't just be undone or swept aside. He doesn't seem apologetic at all.

I agree completely, just a remark on the thought that he keeps digging himself deeper, which supposedly he intends not to do (but may?).

So, only his Twitter followers were meant to see this. The same ones that stuck around after several bigoted rants. The ones that defended him during the Destiny interview. The literal Neo-Nazi's he has thanked for their support through this as he continues to shut out everyone else, and who want Jon to publicly agree with them more.

Who is this statement even for, then?

He has over three million subscribers. I'm willing to bet a faaaaaaaaaaar majority of them have no idea any of this even happened, and JonTron certainly wants to keep it that way. It's probably meant as some form of "closure" for him.

I feel super bad for people who only now realized how bad Jon is. I think if I still liked Jon when this happened, I'd be pretty dismayed too lol.

I mean, for his statement to be fine, it would have to be that Jon actually got really flustered in a debate and as a result, cited a fake statistic that rich black people commit more crimes than poor white people. I believe that he doesn't legitimately think that only as much as I believe Mel Gibson doesn't really hate Jewish people.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Continue? released a statement? What did they say?

If they're all smart they'll all drop Normal Boots and form a new studio without Jon. I love everyone in Normal Boots so I'll follow them no matter what logo they use. Maybe something clever like Pegasus Boots, Iron Boots or Hover Boots.

He didn't say anything though - he made poor excuses. Though i respect separating the art from the artist, and in some cases i can do that. Not with something like this though.

Right here

NotLiquid

If they're all smart they'll all drop Normal Boots and form a new studio without Jon. I love everyone in Normal Boots so I'll follow them no matter what logo they use. Maybe something clever like Pegasus Boots, Iron Boots or Hover Boots.

https://twitter.com/ContinueShow/status/842075253740302336
It's a similar post to the one Jirard made a few days ago.

I'm not really sure where Jon stands with the NormalBoots guys. I think he's still buddies with Shane. PBG is more vocal about not being friends with him and in the wake of this situation he's made it clear that he wants to bring down what little relation there is between Jon and him to zero. I think he suggested in a tweet that there might be something going on with NormalBoots behind the scenes regarding Jon's involvement but I might be reading that wrong. Jirard has always been sorta vague, if not on-and-off about their relationship, notably so since Jon and Jirard have known each other the longest out of all the NormalBoots people, but I think their friendship fell apart multiple times as well.

I think I remember hearing some murmurs that Jon was really apprehensive about that NormalBoots dating sim that came out a while ago and that might have soured the waters between them. You'll notice he's the only one who never bothered plugging it while everyone else involved was really excited about it.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
If they can just kick him out, just kick him out and keep the name if they need to. I don't know how much ownership Jon has. Didn't Jon and PBG start it together and added people over time?

I don't care. As long as they cut ties. I watch all of their stuff every day. (Jon is like the only one of them that doesn't have a daily show. Well Satch too. He rarely posts, but his stuff is really well done when he does.)

Shame to think only a couple years ago we were enjoying a Banjo-Kazooie stream with him and Grant Kirkhope.

If they can just kick him out, just kick him out and keep the name if they need to. I don't know how much ownership Jon has. Didn't Jon and PBG start it together and added people over time?

I don't care. As long as they cut ties. I watch all of their stuff every day. (Jon is like the only one of them that doesn't have a daily show. Well Satch too. He rarely posts, but his stuff is really well done when he does.)

Shame to think only a couple years ago we were enjoying a Banjo-Kazooie stream with him and Grant Kirkhope.

I know i've said it before, but i am a little heartbroken over Jon's shit.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I know i've said it before, but i am a little heartbroken over Jon's shit.
I am too, but at least I still have, in no particular order...

GameGrumps
PeanutButterGamer
SpaceHamster
PB & Jeff (PBG+SH)
Jirard the Completionist
Super Beard Bros
ProJared
Lazy Game Reviews
Nostalgia Nerd
Nostalgia Critic
Lindsay Ellis
Arlo
Continue?
James and Mike
Mike and whatever that other guys name is
AVGN occasionally
ICARUSLIV3S for DOOM Mod reviews
Gggmanlives for other DOOM Mod reviews and other things
NerdCubed
NerdCubed's toy review channel for LEGO reviews
DashieXP
Super Best Friends
8-Bit Guy
Ben Heck
Cinema Sins (Yes, shut up)
Game Theory (I said shut it)
Film Theory
Cracked
Wisecrack
Movies With Mikey (Get well soon, Mikey)
Bad Lip Reading
Mark Brown
SomeCallMeJohnny
GameSack
PreRec
RedLetterMedia
Brad Jones (Cinema Snob)
Super Deluxe
And the list goes on...

Many of which upload every day or so.

You and I have the same tastes, dorky YouTube content is like 90% of what i watch these days. I'm going to check out the couple names i'm unfamiliar w/ from your list. If you've not already, you may want to check out Kim Justice - her stuff is pretty great, and often covers the UK side of things. Her long form documentaries are her strength, and some of my fav content on the tubes of you.

I know you didn't list anything so i'm posting this for everyone, Brutal Moose is superb too!

I'll have to look into some of the people you listed. My subs:

Ashens
Channel Awesome
Chez Lindsay
Cinemassacre
Commander Holly
Continue?
Double Toasted
Easy Allies
Edobean
European Speedrunner Assembly
farfromsubtle
Folding Ideas
GameGrumps
gamermd83
Games Done Quick
GameXplain
HAWPofficial
hbomberguy
Jim Sterling
Kate LovelyMomo
Kay Plays
Kim Justice
Kyle Bosman
Laura Kate
Mark Brown
Materwelonz
Mega64
moviebob
PressHeartToContinue
RedLetterMedia
Renegade Cut
retsupurae
Shaun and Jen
Shesez
slowbeef
Smooth McGroove
Stream Friends!
Super Bunnyhop
Super Deluxe
SUPERMARIOGALAXY13
TheGamingBritShow
TheSw1tcher
Trae Crowder
Void Burger

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Yo The Real Abed, just checked out Movies with Mickey from your list. That Iron giant review is fucking legit, thanks for mentioning him
Definitely watch more. His Serenity episode is amazing. ("Rich chocolatey yoo-hoos") As well as Grand Budapest Hotel. Oh, and all of them really. He's really good. He knows his stuff and I really enjoy his comedic timing and mannerisms. (I know they can turn some people off. He's in the same comedy category as Regular Car Reviews.)

I also watch a bunch of the ones ALTTP mentioned above.

There's just so much content out there, and Jon had seemed to lose the edge he used to have a while ago, so I don't really need him now. I just hope he doesn't go crazy and delete more videos. (Or if he does, hopefully someone else has downloaded them and is ready to réupload at a moments notice.) Especially Nuts and Bolts, Stairfax Temperatures and some more of his best ones.

I'll have to look into some of the people you listed. My subs:

Ashens
Channel Awesome
Chez Lindsay
Cinemassacre
Commander Holly
Continue?
Double Toasted
Easy Allies
Edobean
European Speedrunner Assembly
farfromsubtle
Folding Ideas
GameGrumps
gamermd83
Games Done Quick
GameXplain
HAWPofficial
hbomberguy
Jim Sterling
Kate LovelyMomo
Kay Plays
Kim Justice
Kyle Bosman
Laura Kate
Mark Brown
Materwelonz
Mega64
moviebob
PressHeartToContinue
RedLetterMedia
Renegade Cut
retsupurae
Shaun and Jen
Shesez
slowbeef
Smooth McGroove
Stream Friends!
Super Bunnyhop
Super Deluxe
SUPERMARIOGALAXY13
TheGamingBritShow
TheSw1tcher
Trae Crowder
Void Burger

Kate but no Northernlion? What is this

Blues1990

I am too, but at least I still have, in no particular order...

GameGrumps
PeanutButterGamer
SpaceHamster
PB & Jeff (PBG+SH)
Jirard the Completionist
Super Beard Bros
ProJared
Lazy Game Reviews
Nostalgia Nerd
Nostalgia Critic
Lindsay Ellis
Arlo
Continue?
James and Mike
Mike and whatever that other guys name is
AVGN occasionally
ICARUSLIV3S for DOOM Mod reviews
Gggmanlives for other DOOM Mod reviews and other things
NerdCubed
NerdCubed's toy review channel for LEGO reviews
DashieXP
Super Best Friends
8-Bit Guy
Ben Heck
Cinema Sins (Yes, shut up)
Game Theory (I said shut it)
Film Theory
Cracked
Wisecrack
Movies With Mikey (Get well soon, Mikey)
Bad Lip Reading
Mark Brown
SomeCallMeJohnny
GameSack
PreRec
RedLetterMedia
Brad Jones (Cinema Snob)
Super Deluxe
And the list goes on...

Many of which upload every day or so.

I personally been enjoying watching ProJared's Let's Play channel, especially when D&December roll's around (I hope he plays Never Winter Nights or Icewind Dale 2). As someone who play's a lot of table top RPG's, his D&D streams (that he does with his friends for Wizards of the Coast) on Twitch are a blast to watch, as well.

So I just noticed it's been five months since JonTron's last video. I haven't been following him at all. Anyone know what he does these days? Did he quit Youtube after the storm?

Top Bottom