• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jonathan Frakes(Riker) and Marina Sirtis(Troi) to be in Season Finale of Enterprise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vgamer

Hmm could be cool if true. Maybe we will finally get to see what Rikers new ship the Titan looks like! Dont ask me how they are gonna be in the show though time travel? Flash Backs? who knows. This could be the series finale as well if the show is canceled so maybe they are trying to tie the whole thing together with the past and future to end the show in case it is canned.

"The administrator of TNG actress Marina Sirtis's official web site has made a rather bold announcement: the 'Troi' actress and her shipmate Jonathan Frakes ('Riker') will reprise their TNG roles in the upcoming STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE season finale.

TrekToday meanwhile reports that it has confirmed the rumor with an unnamed source, who tells the site that a deal is in the works at least for Sirtis. Manny Coto previously revealed that the last episode of the season was being penned by Rick Berman and Brannon Braga.

Inter-TREK cameos are nothing new for both actors. Frakes appeared in VOYAGER's "Death Wish" and DS9's "Defiant" while Sirtis appeared with Dwight Schultz in VOY's "Life Line" and other episodes.

Based on the current production schedule, the season (or series) finale will probably shoot in early March. "

http://trekweb.com/articles/2005/01/25/41f6db3d7ef66.shtml

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Boy, am I ever glad I don't care about this show, I'd be pissed off at this title if I did. Enjoy your spoilers those who do!

Vgamer

Well its just a rumor at this point. And if they really are going to be on the show it would not be a spoiler either as there would be Tons of ads promoting it. Its not like saying who is guest staring in an episode gives away any of the story at all.

Mama Smurf

Well like I say, I'm not personally bothered as I haven't watched it from the first season, but if this was a Lost or Alias topic or something, even with just a rumour, I'd be hating you right now.

I don't buy the ads excuse either, I don't go out of my way to avoid ads for shows as much as I do only for some clown on the internet to decide the fact that they're going to exist means he can talk freely about what they'll contain.

It's not so hard to keep spoilers out of topic titles is all I'm saying.

Vgamer

I dont see how saying who is in an episode spoils it. If that spoils it I feel bad for you when you go to see a movie and know who is acting in the movie.

teiresias

If I was around to actually watch Enterprise when it aired I might actually give it a look, but after it went all stupid by about the fifth episode of season 1 (I couldn't take how moronic and whiny Archer was for one) I didn't give it another look.

Have they abandoned the whole "future guy" arc or was that resolved?

Of course, this whole Riker and Troi cameo is far from surprising given that Berman and Brannon are writing the last episode of the season - why they were allowed to do that when apparently the new people are doing much better stuff with the material this season is beyond me.

Crow357

After the last episode where they
botched the Organians
I doubt I'll watch another episode. With all the time travel shows, they've turned it into Quantum Leap meets Star Trek.

ShadowRed

Banned
If this is the series finale like it's supposed to be, it hints at another rumor that was going around back before Enterprise started. That being that after Enterprises' 7 seasons were up, that the next trek show would be with Frankes as captain of the Titan and deal with the Shadow guy from Enterprise. Rumor was that Troi and Riker were going to show up in the last episode or last season of Enterprise.

Vgamer

ShadowRed said:
If this is the series finale like it's supposed to be, it hints at another rumor that was going around back before Enterprise started. That being that after Enterprises' 7 seasons were up, that the next trek show would be with Frankes as captain of the Titan and deal with the Shadow guy from Enterprise. Rumor was that Troi and Riker were going to show up in the last episode or last season of Enterprise.

hmm I hadnt heard that interesting.

Mama Smurf

Why are people who post spoilers in topic titles and then get told it could annoy some people always so reluctant to see it? Just accept it's true, you don't have to try and understand it. Unless there's some art to topic making that I haven't realised and you don't want to ruin it, is it such a pain to in future write things like, "Guess who's in the Enterprise season finale!" instead?

Vgamer said:
I dont see how saying who is in an episode spoils it. If that spoils it I feel bad for you when you go to see a movie and know who is acting in the movie.

I don't much care who's acting in a movie. Unless, that is, it's a series of movies and there's no clear indication in previous ones that a character who's left is going to return. Then I'd care, assuming I cared about the movies at all.

I just happen to like being surprised by shows. I don't care how, it can be plot points or it can be characters. Either way I don't want them spoiled as I love those moments when I'm not expecting it at all and then there they are.

Vgamer

Well im not accepting your premise that its a spoiler. Why do people have to hijack threads and complain when they dont even watch the show? I havnt seen anyone else but you say its a spoiler. I have seen plenty of other threads talking about guest stars on shows and actors on upcoming movies. When Brent Spiner was on Ent There was threads about that here Months before he was to appear and no one complained they knew he would be a guest star. Knowing who is acting Before you see a movie or show does not ruin the story.

Mama Smurf

Well that's ok then, I'm only saying in case. Also I don't know you so I'm unaware of what shows you're interested in, so in case you like something I do, I hoped to be able to explain to you before a Lost (for example) spoiler was put in a thread title. Doesn't hurt that other people are reading this either.

Well im not accepting its a spoiler.

Here it is again. People just hate being told that other people might think things are spoilers. I can't say I know why, but no one has ever responded well.

I mean, does it matter that you accept it as a spoiler or not? If other people do, isn't that enough? Asking someone not to put spoilers in titles and getting refused is the internet equivalent of "Hey, could you reach that jar off the top shelf for me? It'll REALLY help me out and it'll only take a se-" "Fuck you!"

Knowing who is acting Before you see a movie or show does not ruin the story.

For some people, it does in this sort of situation.

teiresias said:
Have they abandoned the whole "future guy" arc or was that resolved?
A bit of both... the two part season opener seemed like it was made to finish off Enterprise's involvement in the temporal cold war, but "future guy" from the first two seasons wasn't really explained.

Of course, this whole Riker and Troi cameo is far from surprising given that Berman and Brannon are writing the last episode of the season - why they were allowed to do that when apparently the new people are doing much better stuff with the material this season is beyond me.
Yeah, when I read that they were writing it a Wario Ware "Oh no!" voice immediately played in my head.

Vgamer said:
When Brent Spiner was on Ent There was threads about that here Months before he was to appear and no one complained they knew he would be a guest star.
Honestly, sometimes I have been annoyed by such title spoilers. But rather than enter the thread to state so, I avoid entering, so as not to see further information. It certainly would be a more entertaining surprise to see a special guest without hearing about it, or at the very least within the hour of seeing their credit in the opening segments.

Mike

Mama Smurf said:
For some people, it does in this sort of situation.

Here, I'll settle this one. It's not a spoiler, because the guest star's appearance will be widely hyped in promotions and ads for the show.

Everyone happy? Good.

ManaByte

Enterprise has been so awesome this year, but UPN pretty much wants it to die now thanks to slapping it on Friday nights. You don't make people choose between Enterprise and SG-1 damnit!

Mike

ManaByte said:
You don't make people choose between Enterprise and SG-1 damnit!

It is really hard to choose between two shoddily produced, cheap-looking sci-fi shows, you're right.

ManaByte

What they should do is kick Berman and Braga to the curb, and give Manny Coto the reigns of Trek. End Enterprise and start up a new TNG focusing on Riker as Captain of the USS Titan (I'm sure Frakes would love the work after being snubbed an Oscar for Thunderbirds) with Troi, Worf, and Geordi being the only other TNG regulars in the cast. Then they can sprinkle in a Picard and Crusher cameo once a season for sweeps.

They can plan out a seven year story arc, and somewhere in season five Admiral Janeway goes psycho and Riker and his crew wipes her out once and for all.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Mike said:
It is really hard to choose between two shoddily produced, cheap-looking sci-fi shows, you're right.

SG-1 has been the first show in a long long time on TV that's actually worth watching.

MC Safety

I just hope Enterprise gets the holodeck soon. I can't wait until the first episode where Captain Archer goes in to recreate his favorite Whoopi Goldberg move and then bam! something goes awry...and the holodeck characters come to life!

ManaByte

DopeyFish said:
SG-1 has been the first show in a long long time on TV that's actually worth watching.

SciFi Friday with SG1 - Atlantis - Battlestar Galactica is all worth watching :D

After the SG Atlantis marathon, I really like it. Reminds me of a Stargate version of DS9.

ShadowRed

Banned
ManaByte said:
What they should do is kick Berman and Braga to the curb, and give Manny Coto the reigns of Trek. End Enterprise and start up a new TNG focusing on Riker as Captain of the USS Titan (I'm sure Frakes would love the work after being snubbed an Oscar for Thunderbirds) with Troi, Worf, and Geordi being the only other TNG regulars in the cast. Then they can sprinkle in a Picard and Crusher cameo once a season for sweeps.

They can plan out a seven year story arc, and somewhere in season five Admiral Janeway goes psycho and Riker and his crew wipes her out once and for all.

Yeah they could call it Star Trek: The Next Generation, again. Dude are you secretly Rick Berman? No they need to do a whole new series with new people. No rehashed characters from other shows. What would also be cool would be an animated Next Generation show like the original series had.

ManaByte

ShadowRed said:
Yeah they could call it Star Trek: The Next Generation, again. Dude are you secretly Rick Berman? No they need to do a whole new series with new people. No rehashed characters from other shows. What would also be cool would be an animated Next Generation show like the original series had.

TNG was still doing relatively well when they ended it, and secretly some people wanted to see it keep going for another couple seasons. Berman decided to end it in 1994 to make the movie do better. His reasoning was that they'd end the series when it was still popular to starve people for the characters and force them to go see the movies (no matter how bad they will be).

Hell, one of the ideas for a new series (before Enterprise) was a Riker series. Basically the plan was to have Nemesis be the last TNG movie and have it set up a Dominion-war size conflict with the Romulans, and have that spin off into a new series featuring Riker and Troi along with a couple cast members from DS9 and Voyager.

ShadowRed

Banned
ManaByte said:
TNG was still doing relatively well when they ended it, and secretly some people wanted to see it keep going for another couple seasons. Berman decided to end it in 1994 to make the movie do better. His reasoning was that they'd end the series when it was still popular to starve people for the characters and force them to go see the movies (no matter how bad they will be).

Hell, one of the ideas for a new series (before Enterprise) was a Riker series. Basically the plan was to have Nemesis be the last TNG movie and have it set up a Dominion-war size conflict with the Romulans, and have that spin off into a new series featuring Riker and Troi along with a couple cast members from DS9 and Voyager.

Uhh.. no TNG was intended to run 7 years from day one, just like the original Star Trek was supposed to last 5 years.

Boogie

ShadowRed said:
Uhh.. no TNG was intended to run 7 years from day one, just like the original Star Trek was supposed to last 5 years.

umm, what? The opening crawl of TNG said nothing about a "7 year mission" :p

ManaByte

Boogie said:
umm, what? The opening crawl of TNG said nothing about a "7 year mission" :p

Actually, the originally only really planned for five seasons and had to resign everyone after year five.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom