• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

journey is easily the most beautiful console game of the last generation

Five

Banned
As far as classical beauty, Journey is probably the winner. But I found many other games to be better looking and more attractive, from the Naughty Dog games to Puppeteer.

I still don t understand how this shit filter is considered beautiful but well...

It looks pretty but still I think it's kinda baffling that people post this image so much here as if it's some kind of mindblowing piece of championship videogame beauty. It's really not that big of a deal

It looks pretty but still I think it's kinda baffling that people post this image so much here as if it's some kind of mindblowing piece of championship videogame beauty. It's really not that big of a deal
Maybe because some people think of it as a mindblowing piece of champion videogame beauty.

Or just plain beautiful which makes it more impressive than many games.

Does it have to be the bestest thing ever made ever for people to celebrate it? Get a grip.

RDR is mine, but I understand the love for Journey.
The first two games I think of when the word beautiful is involved.

Maybe because some people think of it as a mindblowing piece of champion videogame beauty.

Or just plain beautiful which makes it more impressive than many games.

Does it have to be the bestest thing ever made ever for people to celebrate it? Get a grip.

The first two games I think of when the word beautiful is involved.

Hey how about you get a little oversensitive about it? Settle down

Hey how about you get a little oversensitive about it? Settle down
Just to keep things interesting, what would you personally suggest is a big deal or worthy of frothing at the mouth over?

Beautiful is a word I don't use much when it comes to games, so maybe I am oversensitive when one of the few games out there that impressed the hell out of me on that level is so quickly dismissed with a "pfft, that's nothing special". But yeah, that's my bad.

I am interested in what else out there that I've probably missed tho.

Blinck

I wholeheartedly agree. There really is no competition, IMO.
Although Bioshock Infinite also has some breathtaking moments, specially at the start of the game.
Still, Journey is just so unique that it really takes the crown.

Just to keep things interesting, what would you personally suggest is a big deal or worthy of frothing at the mouth over?

I have read/ seen other "most beautiful console game " type threads here and I remember commenting on how many more games I was impressed with over Journey and that gif. El Shaddai or Muramasa pics are some games that I can think of off the top of my head. Okami if that counts as last generation ( which I think should). There are others I thought looked better but I'd have to see the thread again. I've been playing pc mostly the last few years so most of my personal pics for super awesome big deal pics would come from there

Top Bottom