• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JP PS3 games with English on NA PS3s

Miburou

Is there a list of Japanese PS3 games that feature English (menus, text, and voices) when played on a North American PS3 (with an NA account and language set to English?

So far I've tried the following and found them to be fully in English on both NA and JP PS3s:

Devil May Cry 4
Uncharted
Ridge Racer 7
Resistance

Tested by others:
Sonic the Hedgehog
Warhawk
Virtua Fighter 5
Ratchet and Clank
Pixel Junk Racers
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Tekken 5 DR

On the other hand, Sega Rally REVO, Burnout Paradise and GT5P don't.

So if you have tried any game, please report your findings here.

I thought this would be useful for people with NA PS3s but living in Japan, or when a Japanese version of a game can be found cheaper or sooner.

tribal24

Banned
Miburou said:
Is there a list of Japanese PS3 games that feature English (menus, text, and voices) when played on a North American PS3 (with an NA account and language set to English?

So far I've tried the following and found them to be fully in English on both NA and JP PS3s:

Devil May Cry 4
Uncharted
Ridge Racer 7
Resistance

On the other hand, Sega Rally REVO and GT5P don't. I'll try Burnout Paradise and report back (no English when played on a JP PS3).

So if you have tried any game, please report your findings here.

I thought this would be useful for people with NA PS3s but living in Japan, or when a Japanese version of a game can be found cheaper or sooner.

i have burnout asia region and it has full english>.>

Souther

Banned
Dont be suprirsed if Dragonball Z Burst limit goes in that category aswell.

The game comes out only a week later in the US so i bet it has english already on the disc.

The Japanese Virtua Fighter 5 switches completely to English when played on a US PS3. The Japanese match commentary becomes English too.

tanod

when is my burrito
Almost all of Sony's first party releases have all languages. Only the Asian versions of MotorStorm and Hot Shots Golf come to mind as games which don't.

Miburou

tribal24 said:
i have burnout asia region and it has full english>.>

I've only tried my JP version on my JP PS3, but I'll double check by playing my version on my bro's NA PS3.

I'll also check Minna no Golf 5 and Genji on his system. No need to check Ryuu ga Gotoku Kenzan as that is sure to be purely in Japanese no matter what system it's played on.

I have a bit of experience in this area as I live in JP. Of the games I've bought/played

Warhawk (JP PSN version) - English
DMC4 - English
VF5 - English
Resistance - English (but no blood :( )
Pixel Junk Racers - English
Pixel Junk Monsters - Japanese
Ridge Racer 7 - English
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - English (but no decapitations)
Uncharted - English (No blood)
Tekken 5DR - English
Eye of Judgment - English (but the cards are all JP of course)
Ratchet & Clank: Future - English

Burnout Paradise - Japanese Only (but can play cross region)
GTA5P (JP PSN version) - Japanese only (There is some english in the menus)
COD4 - Japanese (Dialogue is English)
FlOw - Japanese (not much to read though...)
SuperStardust (StarStrike in JP) - Japanese
MinnanoGolf5 - Japanese

Zoc

PuppetMaster said:
Pixel Junk Monsters - Japanese

I bought that in Japan on a Japanese PS3 too, and it's completely in English, no Japanese at all.

I'll also add
Heavenly Sword - English dialogue but Japanese menus
Oblivion - completely Japanese
Star Strike HD (Super Star Dust)- Some Japanese, but a lot of English and completely playable with any knowledge of Japanese.

klee123

tanod said:
Almost all of Sony's first party releases have all languages. Only the Asian versions of MotorStorm and Hot Shots Golf come to mind as games which don't.

Japanese version of Folklore was Japanese only as well.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Metal Gear Online Premiere β

Too bad no one can log on yet. :lol

klee123 said:
Japanese version of Folklore was Japanese only as well.

FMVs in Folks Soul are dubbed in English with JP subs.

Zoc

It might also be worth noting PS2 games that support full English on Japanese systems. That info is much harder to come by than for the PS3.

I have Rez and Buile Baku (building demolition puzzle game) which are both completely bilingual, and apparently so are Devil May Cry 3, Shin Onimusha, and Metal Gear Solid 2.

Miburou

Note that there is a difference between JP PS3 games and Asian PS3 games, as Asian games are more English friendly (was the same with the PS2). For example tribal24 says that Asian Burnout has English, while I just tried the JP version on my bro's US PS3 and it does not.

Top Bottom