• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Judas State of Play Trailer

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
curiosity GIF

ahtlas7

Feels purposefully like a Levine game. Need to see the game in action to see if that translates into something fun to play.

xrnzaaas

My reaction to the game's reveal wasn't super positive, but the gameplay bits they've shown in this trailer looked good, definitely feels like a Bioshock inspired title. It's going to stay on my radar right now, hopefully they'll deliver on all the promises despite not being backed by a big publisher (and not having a big budget as a result of that).

Last edited:

Laptop1991

Yeah, i like it and want to play Judas, but when will that happen with Ken Levine!. i'm a big fan of all the Bioshock's.

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
It looks like Bioshock 1 with lower budget basically. Sure, the picture has a clarity of Infinite, but visual it is not that impressive in comparison to Bioshock 1.
Can agree with that for the expectation of graphics today.

The visuals in terms of fidelity won't be the issue here. The premise/art and gameplay will be the appeal. That's why people are looking at this. This will be visually appealing just based on art along though. It doesn't need a 300m USD budget to make it special.

Can agree with that for the expectation of graphics today.

The visuals in terms of fidelity won't be the issue here. The premise/art and gameplay will be the appeal. That's why people are looking at this. This will be visually appealing just based on art along though. It doesn't need a 300m USD budget to make it special.
I still feel like it is a little bit underwhelming. Like "Deathloop meets Atomic Heart".

Last edited:

Shut0wen

Doesn't look as good as the original Bioshock.
I think this too, cant believe ken is making a trilogy of the player have an electrical hand, the guys talented but boy does he play it safe, no doubt itll have some alternative universe connection to bioshock for the marvel movie fans

I think this too, cant believe ken is making a trilogy of the player have an electrical hand, the guys talented but boy does he play it safe, no doubt itll have some alternative universe connection to bioshock for the marvel movie fans
I have suffered through this with Infinite already. Please no :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_loudly_crying:

CSJ

Based NeoGAF, we have our first AAA based game...

"In Judas, we give you a whole new world to explore: the corridors of the Mayflower, a spacefaring city whose citizens are trained to spy on one another and tear each other apart for the slightest offense. Where machines control every aspect of business, art, and government. The ship's leaders tried to turn you into something you're not: a model citizen. And you sparked a devastating revolution to tear it all down."

Day 0.

The purple hairs are pissed, lol.

They hate it because it reminds them of themselves, how they act and behave toward others.
I mean it couldn't be a more perfect example of projecting.

Also isn't this like 1984 lite?

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I love the Bioshock trilogy. One of my favorites in all of gaming. The first game in particular is in my top 5 of all time and is immensely meaningful to me.

But this...I dont know man. It has the look, the plasmids and the style, but I guess I just expected something more and something a bit different from Levine & co after so many years. This just looks like more of what he's good at doing (which isnt a problem because if it aint broke dont fix etc) but yeah. Day zero and all that, but Im bummed as hell that I'm not as excited as I should be.

Last edited:

Del_X

Trailer is mid as fuck but I also think they're really trying to avoid giving too much away. I actually liked the reveal trailer a lot more. I mean, it looks like a new Bioshock game and that's fine. Bioshock man makes bioshock-style game - at least he's staying in his lane.

This looked amazing but nobody seems to care or even mention this game. Why?
Definitely because the theming is all over the place. This isn't like Bioshock Infinite where I could tell you it's about a high tech city in the sky and set during the 1920's. I couldn't even tell you what this is about. Seems like he might be getting too pretentious with this one.

Eiknarf

Doesn't look as good as the original Bioshock.
It looks better

I just played all three Bioshock’s before selling off my discs - and they’re still good, but blocky by today’s standards. They were my favorite back in the day

So hopefully this is better than Atomic Heart.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
For real!! What is going on? I’m only halfway through the State of Play right now, but this was easily the best thing they’ve shown so far. It looks great!

For real!! What is going on? I’m only halfway through the State of Play right now, but this was easily the best thing they’ve shown so far. It looks great!

I have no idea man. If this is even half as good as bioshock it'll be better than most games out these days. Not sure why people pass over it.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Finished the rest of the State of Play and this game was definitely the highlight of the show (maybe not counting Death Stranding 2, which was bizarre and weird and super cool, but also it’s Kojima so it could be a fuckin rhythm game for all we know).

killatopak

I agree. It looks great and will be there when it comes out.

Just a theory but fps guns with magic shit on your hand and weird stuff genre is just too saturated right now. It was fine during Bioshock’s heydays as it was one of the firsts especially on consoles but there’s just too much of it out there nowadays.

Last edited:

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
Ken Levine shut down Irrational to "do something different" and goes off to make Bioshock again...

Ken Levine shut down Irrational to "do something different" and goes off to make Bioshock again...
That was not entirely what happened. He wanted to quit, because of mental health problems, but Take2 management offered him this option: smaller team, make what you want and take your time.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I hope they don’t make same mistake….

and I’m not saying Infinite was bad game, it was enjoyable even for me who usually don’t enjoy FPS games but what they showed in this demo was entirely different game than what we got in final game.

Last edited:
What’s that?

What Levine is trying to do is to break up stories into these "story bricks" so that he can reassemble them in various combinations, ideally yielding ever changing and fresh narrative experiences for his games. These story bricks can be processed and using a systemic approach to story generation the stories in his games can become actually reactive to player input.

Only took him 10 years.

Top Bottom