• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Judge denies motion to halt work on Dakota Access Pipeline(Update: Pipeline halted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
9zbvPhy.gif

Zubz

Banned
I know it did effectively nothing to the ass that sentenced Brock Turner to only 6 months, but can we get a push to impeach this judge?

Either way, at least Obama pulled through here!

Jisgsaw

Say something about this Trump. I fucking dare you.

"Well, people can't believe... they can't believe our president would do this, work against the US economy. And that's why the Chinese have overtaken us - they've completely overtaken us, and lots of people say it's because Obama is a Muslim - and not born in the US by the way, I called that ages ago. We have to make America great again and build a wall around these" natives"!"

(I could seriously see him say something like that. Well, a bit less coherently than that)

Gattsu25

Banned
Lmao is that real?

OT: Good job Obama. We wouldn't do construction through our cemetaries, they deserve the same respect.
That gif is a really well done composite that was for a late night comedy show, it's fake but super impressive.

On topic: fantastic news.

Mindlog

Sad that it took such an incredible effort to bring attention to the issue. Now that the Feds have intervened the press should be along shortly.

Abounder

Banned
Good from the Obama administration, hopefully the protests pay off. Obama also killed off the Keystone pipeline not too long ago.

commedieu

Banned
Sad that it took such an incredible effort to bring attention to the issue. Now that the Feds have intervened the press should be along shortly.

Elation will end soon.

We can't stop 18 banks from doing what they want.

Hell.. we will probably be on the hook for it too.

btrboyev

Good for Obama, but I'm not gonna be proud of him that much as he could have put an end to this bullshit much sooner.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Only thing that would make this better would be after Republicans blast them for this, for him to day "I guess you'll just have to put me on the $20 bill"

Torso 9000

Neo Member
As a non-American that isn't familiar with the country's regulatory framework for things like this, I'm wondering: who's the regulator tasked with reviewing and approving infrastructure like pipelines?

From what I can gather, USACE is responsible for the planning/design, but I'm genuinely curious how something like this wouldn't have arisen as part of the regulatory process. Even if this particular site hadn't been discovered during the planning stages of the pipeline or at the time of the (presumed) approval by the regulator, is it not typical for the construction firm or owner/operator to be required to engage a third party to complete archaeological digs along, and adjacent to, the proposed route?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom