• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July 2015 Xbox One Preview Update

Remember to add the person that invites you. I read somewhere that you have to be on eachothers friends list. I seriously cant remember where but it probably at least boosts your chance.

It doesn't boost your chances but you do have to be friends. When you invite someone from the Preview Dash it opens up your friends list, so you have to be friends.

charpunk

Has anybody tried streaming to a Surface yet?

I've been streaming to my surface pro 3, works great. Hooked it up to my bedroom TV with a wireless keyboard. Bedroom is close enough to the gaming room that I can use the Xbox controller wirelessly until the adapter comes out.

Streaming works GREAT.

Any word on sound through your PC, or do I need to hook up a headset to my xbox one controller?

Sound streams with the video. I can even use the built in mic on my surface for voice chat.

Chucker

Sound streams with the video. I can even use the built in mic on my surface for voice chat.

Strange, I'll try it again.

Edit: Works fine with my speakers, doesn't play nice with my G930. Very odd, beta testing!

Double Edit: My SF4 stick works on the PC streaming the one. Played KI, worked fantastic. This is good news.

link1201

Looks like we're getting an update today. I will update OP when it's done Downloading.

Edit: Just fixes for the streaming

link1201

This is in regards to the 360 not the Xbox One but thought some might be interested to know what was just updated in Xbox 360 Preview this month.

CHANGES
◾Rich Presence: Starting with this update, you'll now be able to see what your friends are doing in their games, just like on Xbox One.

This is in regards to the 360 not the Xbox One but thought some might be interested to know what was just updated in Xbox 360 Preview this month.

CHANGES
◾Rich Presence: Starting with this update, you'll now be able to see what your friends are doing in their games, just like on Xbox One.

What exactly does this mean? I thought it already told everyone what you were doing?

darthbob

What exactly does this mean? I thought it already told everyone what you were doing?

If you're using an Xbox 360 and check your friends list, if there were any friends using an Xbox One all you would see under the friend's status would be: "Xbox One".

Now, it'll actually tell you what they're doing, like using Netflix or playing a game.

If you're using an Xbox 360 and check your friends list, if there were any friends using an Xbox One all you would see under the friend's status would be: "Xbox One".

Now, it'll actually tell you what they're doing, like using Netflix or playing a game.

Oh right, it only said "like on Xbox One" as opposed to mentioning that you could see them on Xbox One. Good little change but that changenote is a bit weirdly worded.

link1201

There's a survey about upcoming changes to the UI being sent out. Be sure to check your email if you are in the Preview Program. It is only accessible for a week.

etta

my hard graphic balls
There's a survey about upcoming changes to the UI being sent out. Be sure to check your email if you are in the Preview Program. It is only accessible for a week.

I have not received it yet. I am barely holding it together with the hype for the new UI, though. I really wish they'd give an ETA for preview availability.

link1201

Deets on the skeets?

Oh, It just showed some images (Avatars, Notices, Game Invites Etc) and what you thought of that. And some other questions about what would you expect to find in certain sections of the UI. I can't get back into it now though because I already completed it.

This is sort of related. I didn't want to create a new OCD thread for it. So forgive me.

My OCD is bugging me, because it took a couple of tries for me to put the Batman disc in this morning. I wasn't pushing it in far enough, and it was just hitting the edges of the disc drive -- not hard, or in any way that should cause damage.

The material there, for lack of a better term, won't cause scratches, right?

link1201

Update June 24, 2015
DETAILS

OS version released: xb_rel_1507.150621-2200
Available: 6:00PM PT 6/24 (2AM GMT 25/6)

CHANGES
◾Fix for an issue preventing users from Twitch Streaming Backward Compatibility titles.
◾Fix to address issues with Matchmaking in Backward Compatibility multiplayer titles.

Scrawnton

Just got an Xbox one as a gift and was wondering how to get in the preview program. My gamertag is AntonHtz if anyone wants to add me.

etta

my hard graphic balls
how do i force this update? just switched from day one edition to white mcc xbox and downloaded the "apps" and registered again.

You have to wait for the new wave, which I think is tonight. A new update came out with more bug fixes and stuff.

neurophd

So I got my invite, register my console, now on the dashboard registration tile under "action" it says "pending". How long does this process take?

Not seen this one before. A trailer for the new dashboard experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZXvz9oDOmk

Man I can't wait for this. I dont even really like the way it looks comparitivley but The current xb1 dash has become painfully slow and buggy over the past few months. If I can get that same functionality with the speed of the ps4 UI that is a bigger coup then any of the features they've added over the past year.

Snap is virtually unusable in the current UI as we have to wait for the snap center to load and then wait for whatever app to load. Hopefully Making these things system level will improve that.

I dunno what's going on with my the streaming between the console and the PC.

I can get to connect with the Xbox App on W10, but when I click on stream after showing a message that say's Connecting to Xbox-SystemOS the screen gets like this:

KR2qvRF.png

Spacereamer

Neo Member
I dunno what's going on with my the streaming between the console and the PC.

I can get to connect with the Xbox App on W10, but when I click on stream after showing a message that say's Connecting to Xbox-SystemOS the screen gets like this:

I was having the same problem on my laptop, check if you have any Windows updates, I had 1 and after installing, it started working. Very well might I add, in shock at how well it works!

Top Bottom