• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT2|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Striker

Feel like watching Warrior-Hogan WM6 match again. It's the pinnacle of the WWF. Megastars. The build-up at the Rumble clash. Championship prestige. Great characters. Commentary you loved listening to.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Billy Gunn bumped like hell for this punch
YyBTWse.gif

EDIT:

I don't think I can go to BOLA friends :(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Despite my notorious hatred of him, I think Luger is my favorite cheesy Superman type.

Just listen to that theme. Sting was a loudmouth jackass who couldn't turn down his promo voice and gave my eardrums constant pain. Luger just told you 'U-S-A U-S-A' and flexed. Sometimes all you need to do is flex, and Luger mastered that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Despite my notorious hatred of him, I think Luger is my favorite cheesy Superman type.

Just listen to that theme. Sting was a loudmouth jackass who couldn't turn down his promo voice and gave my eardrums constant pain. Luger just told you 'U-S-A U-S-A' and flexed. Sometimes all you need to do is flex, and Luger mastered that.

That is a Top Shelf theme there. I love it.

Rollins is on the dailyshow again
Praising Jon's corporate shilling abilities. Perfect. Like, legitimately, Rollins is a perfect character to introduce that segment. I'd say Cena but he only shills his own crappy merchandise.

Rollins: "I have sandals?"
Stewart: "Remember that time I kicked you in the balls on live TV?"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
"Another telltale sign, Luger is sweating quite profusely. Sting has not broken a sweat yet."

Ventura just shoot called Luger on blowing up early

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Did you guys talk about how Sasha has her womens title recognized on the WWE roster page? The NXT titles aren't on there otherwise

Sigh. I was just watching videos of Summer of Bryan/WM 30, and it really is astonishing how great of a run he had for that year or so. Insanely over, so much optimism, so many great matches, such a genuine connection with the fans. That whole thing was such a big part of what got me back into wrestling after a decade or so of just kinda casually catching it once every few months, at most. Say what you will of the guy nowadays, but there is nothing in current WWE that gets crowds to even close to that same level of organic-feeling passion.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sigh. I was just watching videos of Summer of Bryan/WM 30, and it really is astonishing how great of a run he had for that year or so. Insanely over, so much optimism, so many great matches, such a genuine connection with the fans. That whole thing was such a big part of what got me back into wrestling after a decade or so of just kinda casually catching it once every few months, at most. Say what you will of the guy nowadays, but there is nothing in current WWE that gets crowds to even close to that same level of organic-feeling passion.

Brock on a rampage is pretty close actually.

Also there is another, a long forgotten man who is also getting more cheers than boos and louder and louder crowds each week.

BRRRRRR APPLEDOUGH

EDIT: Friend Heel, do you also have the DJ Orton gif? I miss that one.

Top Bottom