• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JUMP Force

Fuz

Banned
I-dont-believe-you.gif

Shaqazooloo

Goddamn this game looks bad. Why would they put anime characters in a real world art style and setting? It looks atrocious. The cutscenes that I watched also had bad animation and almost zero facial expressions.

Also lol @ the load times and their frequency.

Codes 208

I’m about half-way into the game and I can definitely say it feels like most of the assets went to graphics and textures.

Animations are definitely very
static if non-existent (but given it’s a Bandai game, I’m not surprised) but the actual combat isn’t that bad. It’s pretty obvious they took several pages out of xenoverse’s combat and though it’s definitely slower paced, now that I’ve gotten a hang of it, it’s not that bad. Plus the attacks look amazing. The game is straight up fan-service. (Not in the hot way, more in the smacking your favorite childhood action figures together until they explode way)

Overall it feels like a guilty pleasure type of game. If you have next to no interest in anime or xenoverse’s gameplay then no, this aint it chief.

Though I would say either wait for a sale or until the bugs are fixed because as much fun as I’m having, I’m too well aware of frequent loading screens and that’s a huge turn off for me.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
This trailer shows new stages plus gon in adult form, black beard, vegeta , sanji, and a few more.

Looks horrible.

Why the liberty statue is in namek?

Why DBZ Characters has been downgrade in speed and power techinques... looks a big downgrade in comparision to other characters.

I dont like the "Real graphics"

Smoke6

Man y’all trippin I’m enjoying the hell out of this game and anthem!!!

I think something is wrong with me

Mista

Banned
I never thought I’d say this but I enjoyed the game and got it for a great price with the season pass. Now to get back and try the new characters

Got it for free a few weeks back. Redeemed the code and forgot to play it. Then forgot I even had it. Maybe I’ll fire it up today to check it out.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Ten years ago Jojo representation would have just been Part 3. Just a shame that Jump Force is such a shit game or I'd rep Giorno.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Played this about a year and a half ago. Thought it was great to see all these anime characters fight. Hopefully they continue to make these games and improve them as these series move forward and the characters develop more in battle i.e. more moves, styles, etc.

The trash talk before the fight was alright too, Roronoa Zoro (to Luffy) : “Let’s finish what we started at Whiskey Peak”

Just one thing, why in the fuck - is Usopp not rostered in this game?!???!!!

NahaNago

I actually never played this game. I thought I had bought this game in the past but it ended up being an unopened copy of Jstars Victory VS+.

silentstorm

I actually never played this game. I thought I had bought this game in the past but it ended up being an unopened copy of Jstars Victory VS+.
That one at least has a more unique cast if only due to having some less known characters.

Anyways, i am still hoping they put one goddamn series, an old Shounen series that had tournament arcs and power levels before Dragon Ball, which had fights and started even before Hokuto No Ken and is popular in Japan and was in Shounen Jump so the fact it's ignored continues to boggle me.

I am talking about Muscleman, a series about superheroes solving all the problems with martial arts tournaments, including the villains, with demons, aliens, avatars of Gods and genocidal Gods themselves deciding the fate of Earth...by challenging heroes to martial arts tournaments, and the main character being a cowardly muscled wrestler who is forced to fight and even had some moves that were copied by real life wrestlers like the Kinniku Buster used to defeat the USSR's secret killing machine prototype that was going to be the basis for an army that would replace nuclear weapons:

NahaNago

That one at least has a more unique cast if only due to having some less known characters.

Anyways, i am still hoping they put one goddamn series, an old Shounen series that had tournament arcs and power levels before Dragon Ball, which had fights and started even before Hokuto No Ken and is popular in Japan and was in Shounen Jump so the fact it's ignored continues to boggle me.

I am talking about Muscleman, a series about superheroes solving all the problems with martial arts tournaments, including the villains, with demons, aliens, avatars of Gods and genocidal Gods themselves deciding the fate of Earth...by challenging heroes to martial arts tournaments, and the main character being a cowardly muscled wrestler who is forced to fight and even had some moves that were copied by real life wrestlers like the Kinniku Buster used to defeat the USSR's secret killing machine prototype that was going to be the basis for an army that would replace nuclear weapons:

I've seen this series around but I've never actually watched it or read it(technically I have read a little of it). I'm not too sure how popular this series is. It is a classic and probably a nostalgia factor for a lot of folk there but I'm not sure if the younger generation would be that aware of it.

Last edited:

silentstorm

Well, it's popular enough to still be running, though that was because the author a few years back started writing again and continuing right after the arc that ended the series in 1988, there was a special 40th anniversary animation with some parts of the then current arc and a cliffhanger spoiling how Ataru/Soldier will come back...also some drawings from fans for a contest, including an...ass-man that was never in the manga:

Which also got a special chapter on top of the regular one for Shounen Jump and the series being on the cover, that being said, it's only really popular in Japan, translation for the current arcs seem to have stopped and there hasn't been any news of a new anime to symbolize the series coming back.

I blame how the author did Satan dirty, as in, the literal actual Goddamned Satan appears, the kind of guy who makes deals for souls and has given power to former villains, and he's revealed to be a huge MASKED WRESTLER WITH FLAMES ON HIS BODY...and he is casually and easily beaten by a random character even though Satan had been the biggest villain always in the background that was never faced in the original run...man it sure was worth having the guy be a shadowy figure for decades, appear with an awesome design and then be beaten just to hype some new villains that aren't as cool as goddamned masked wrestler Satan.

...I hope it's revealed that was just a clone or something and Satan comes back as an actual threat.

Top Bottom