• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June U.S. Primaries |OT| Hey June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davide

He's going to take his points to Philadelphia, knowing he can't win but hoping to make a change. And why not? It doesn't cost him any money to stay for that.

Pixieking

Banned
Conciliatory, but not dropping out. Sounds like he'll drop at the end of next Tuesday.

Or not?

"Take our fight... for social justice... to Philadelphia"

Could be interpreted either way.

What a little piece of shit Bernie turned out to be. Although that convention talk could be argued as lipservice I guess. Certainly DC wasn't, though.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Eh, he toned down his rhetoric and was talking more positively this speech. I think he'll drop out after DC next week, but he couldn't say that without conceding now. Not sure what's the point at this stage, but whatever.

Pixieking

Banned
Obama is going to endorse Hillary this week now.

Yeah. The line about "I spoke to President Obama, about how to move the country forward" (or words to that affect)... Heavy implication Obama was giving him a heads-up about the coming Hillary endorsement.

I'd personally say that Sanders will concede next Tuesday night, after the DC voting closes. This was definitely a "we're not gonna win" winding-down speech. He'll go all-the-way next week.

Obama is going to endorse Hillary this week now.

I hope so. Just ignore Bernie at this point. Give him the crap already agreed to at the DNC level and yeah ensure Hillary takes the torch on some of his major points. But other than that, go away.

But if it takes a few days, so be it. Only fair as Hilary had 4 days. He also has 4 days before I'll just go fuck everything he's a hack.

Davide

Would be a pretty weird decision to not concede tonight and wait specifically for Washington DC without going to the convention. Hillary's going to win in a landslide there, unless if I've heard the wrong speculation.

danm999

I hope so. Just ignore Bernie at this point. Give him the crap already agreed to at the DNC level and yeah ensure Hillary takes the torch on some of his major points. But other than that, go away.

But if it takes a few days, so be it. Only fair as Hilary had 4 days. He also has 4 days before I'll just go fuck everything he's a hack.

I think he's getting ready to "land the plane" so to speak.

Not throwing shit at Hillary or the DNC. Talking about how Trump is the worst. How the movement must live beyond him. How they need to take the change they want all the way. How he's talking to Obama. Etc.

Some losers just can't tell when to give up.

On the plus side, I will be able to keep using this gif for weeks!

giphy.gif

Pixieking

Banned
Would be a pretty weird decision to not concede tonight and wait specifically for Washington DC without going to the convention. Hillary's going to win in a landslide there, unless if I've heard the wrong speculation.

His supporters are wound tight, and he needs to coax them down. For all the "We can still win the nomination" talk, he's not going to, so he needs to pivot to "We can affect change at the platform level, and on down-ticket dems". Which is going to take a few days. The fact that he didn't attack the Democratic party or Hillary (from what I heard) is Good News in the long-run.

I think he's getting ready to "land the plane" so to speak.

Not throwing shit at Hillary or the DNC. Talking about how Trump is the worst. How the movement must live beyond him. How they need to take the change they want all the way. How he's talking to Obama. Etc.

And that's fair. No attacks on the presumptive nominee. And of course crapping on Trump. So perhaps he's setting up the actual concession for hopefully in the next few days or I guess absolute worst case after DC gets called instantly for Clinton.

Davide

And that's fair. No attacks on the presumptive nominee. And of course crapping on Trump. So perhaps he's setting up the actual concession for hopefully in the next few days or I guess absolute worst case after DC gets called instantly for Clinton.
While he still has the spotlight he should take the next few weeks (month?) to convince his Bernie or Bust supporters that Trump is the absolute worst. Something that wouldn't have been so easy to do if he conceded tonight.

giga

The best way for him to save face is to actively campaign and stump for Hillary on the trail now. Kill the Bernie or bust campaign from the start.

danm999

You would imagine, yeah.

hawk2025

You guys are losing focus of what's going on here because you expected him to drop out.

He's likely losing California by 20 points and didn't directly attack the nominee today. It's over, hilariously so.

Yeah, it's a silly, stubborn look, what happened just now. But it's a small thing in the grand scheme of things. Let him and his supporters lick their wounds a bit.

bananas

Banned
You guys are losing focus of what's going on here because you expected him to drop out.

He's likely losing California by 20 points and didn't directly attack the nominee today. It's over, hilariously so.

Yeah, it's a silly, stubborn look, what happened just now. But it's a small thing in the grand scheme of things. Let him and his supporters lick their wounds a bit.
He's going to concede after D.C.

Kite

lol Chill folks, I'm betting that once Obama officially supports Clinton Bernie will become irrelevant. He has no more $$, no more staff, hit pieces and negative news articles, getting back-stabbed by staff, becoming more and more isolated. lol The guy is done, Clinton should just ignore him.

Mr. RPG

He didn't even mention that New Jersey, South Dakota and New Mexico were an actual thing. He only acknowledged Montana, North Dakota and said his margins would improve in California.

He didn't thank my state (at least not from what I remember), but I'm not crying over it. :p

Does Hillary thank the voters from each individual state she loses?

Damaniel

Banned
He didn't thank my state (at least not from what I remember), but I'm not crying over it. :p

Does Hillary thank the voters from each individual state she loses?

Yes, actually. As do all good candidates. She acknowledges her campaign staff and volunteers too.

lol Chill folks, I'm betting that once Obama officially supports Clinton Bernie will become irrelevant. He has no more $$, no more staff, hit pieces and negative news articles, getting back-stabbed by staff, becoming more and more isolated. lol The guy is done, Clinton should just ignore him.

Has someone from his former staff come forward and talked about how hard it is working with the yesmen of a delusional ideologue?

I didn't get a scorched earth feel from Bernie's speech which is something I really feared. I'd say let him figure out how to best transition to play a positive a roll at the upcoming DNC convention. I hope he talks to Reid, talks to Obama, takes some time to reflect and hopefully he starts to help the party come together. I'm fine with him taking another week to figure this out and I pray he makes the right moves towards party solidarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom