• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

4RRjcCF.jpg

I absolutely love LIJ. I love how every member has a different aspect to their personality and it's not just one-note types in a faction

It was great. But I think they've all been great. >_>

I do too. Season 3 has exceeded any expectations I had by leaps and bounds. But friend, there was some really wonderful stuff in this episode.

Spoilers for OwensIsNow to avoid,
the stuff with Diane was PERFECT for me. And the fight. And the scene with Ben Horne and Beverly. It was just wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.

Next Thursday~~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mLmMQpcblw

So Wrestlegaf, I'm off to Japan in just over 3 months, last time I was there I was able to catch a DDT show, this time though I think I've timed my trip up right to catch the NJPW King of Pro Wrestling Show in October (will be in Tokyo for the Second Monday of the Month).

Does anyone know how hard its going to be to get tickets to something like this not living in Japan, like am I going to be able to order online through the NJPW website and print it out for when I get there or is it something I'll need to try and book while I'm there and have sent to my hotel in Tokyo. Or are there reliable 3rd party vendors I can get to buy the ticket for me before I go.

I went to that show back in 2015. If you're at all familiar with the Lawson Loppi machines you should be able to buy them from there (follow a walkthrough online as the machines are only in Japanese.) That's what I tried to do at first, until I found out they stop selling tickets through there two to three days before the event. I ended up buying tickets from the official NJPW store that's a short walk from the Tokyo Dome.

Zach

I do too. Season 3 has exceeded any expectations I had by leaps and bounds. But friend, there was some really wonderful stuff in this episode.

Spoilers for OwensIsNow to avoid,
the stuff with Diane was PERFECT for me. And the fight. And the scene with Ben Horne and Beverly. It was just wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.
There is excitement in getting the ball rolling, for sure. And that Brawl for All was something uniquely delightful.

And is OwensIsNow really watching?? I hope so.

Enzo and Cass split?

RIP to both men's careers
Enzo could make a pretty great Jimmy Mouth of the South style manager if they let him, I reckon as heel he could get easy heat with people just wanting to see him getting punched in the face.

I went to that show back in 2015. If you're at all familiar with the Lawson Loppi machines you should be able to buy them from there (follow a walkthrough online as the machines are only in Japanese.) That's what I tried to do at first, until I found out they stop selling tickets through there two to three days before the event. I ended up buying tickets from the official NJPW store that's a short walk from the Tokyo Dome.
Ahh I didn't know they had an official store, will have to check that out if I don't manage to get tickets beforehand (I tried that Lawson machines for Universal tickets last time and I gave up)

Caught up on some things, so first. The new twin peaks was fire as fuck, Kung fu dougie is king. 2,they know the crowd wants AJ and nakamura so I like the tease and hope they can be patient till wrestlemania.

What a great G1 lineup.

Looking at the card, only boring matches will be tama tonga and fale matches. Maybe Makabe too (I heard someone say he can't take bumps anymore, not sure if that's true?).

Hoping for Omega/Ibushi finale, but I doubt things will go that way.

maybe Okada will win G1. since he's breaking all sorts of records. and they haven't done a "champ wins G1" in like how long? 17 years?

Yeah, since Kensuke in 2000. Mutoh's the only other wrestler to have done it.

I'm not sure how Kenny escalates from the Okada matches (including one that is yet to come) but I guess Ibushi is even more insane than him by a fair margin.

I mean, last time they wrestled they both nearly died on a super rana to the outside and Ibushi got banned from Budokan. Whenever it happens, it'll probably be nuts.

What a great G1 lineup.

Looking at the card, only boring matches will be tama tonga and fale matches. Maybe Makabe too (I heard someone say he can't take bumps anymore, not sure if that's true?).

It's sort of a running joke that Makabe won't bump anymore, but I believe his upper back's pretty messed up. Also, I'd be looking at Tama to step up this year - he's had some good solo performances, but nothing really 'must see' to his name as of yet. Good opportunity to change that, with such a stacked G1 line-up.

I'd personally do Omega/Ibushi as the deciding match of one of the blocks, then have the winner lose to Naito in the final.

It'll be interesting to see how Omega's performance at G1 ties into the Okada feud because I can't see Kenny winning G1 again. Will they expose a potential weakness? Protect the fuck out of him, but still have someone beat him somehow? Something has to happen that makes sense and in a way sets up the outcome of the Okada feud.

Did they announce blocks? I could see Omega/Ibushi being the final, Omega winning, and he finally beats Okada at WK because I'm almost certain Omega's the guy now, they've protected him too much

It'll be interesting to see how Omega's performance at G1 ties into the Okada feud because I can't see Kenny winning G1 again. Will they expose a potential weakness? Protect the fuck out of him, but still have someone beat him somehow? Something has to happen that makes sense and in a way sets up the outcome of the Okada feud.

As amazing and history making as his matches with Okada have been, I think the best course for this year is Okada/Naito and Omega/Ibushi feuds. Or even Omega/Ibushi teaming again~~

What a great G1 lineup.

Tama Tonga has gotten a lot better in the ring over the last year. He's by far one of the better, if not best, Non-Elite BC members.

Did they announce blocks? I could see Omega/Ibushi being the final, Omega winning, and he finally beats Okada at WK because I'm almost certain Omega's the guy now, they've protected him too much

Blocks are announced on next Monday's show, with the matchups announced on Tuesday.

But I'd say Ibushi vs. Omega is a given.

Enzo could make a pretty great Jimmy Mouth of the South style manager if they let him, I reckon as heel he could get easy heat with people just wanting to see him getting punched in the face.

Ahh I didn't know they had an official store, will have to check that out if I don't manage to get tickets beforehand (I tried that Lawson machines for Universal tickets last time and I gave up)

It is a tiny-ass little store, but then again, most stores in Japan are as well. But it's basically like two rows of shelves with shirts/hats/caps/etc.

And just a heads up when you buy tickets. At the Ryōgoku Kokugikan the floor level seats are normal folding chairs, the upper level seats are regular stadium seating, but the mid-level "seats" are these four-person box areas that you sit on the floor.

Top Bottom