• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Progress coming to Boston

DDHDMRFXUAA1X_g

Menome

I'm about to watch the 2010 live-action Tekken movie. You know what that means it's time for:

Flowers Alcohol For For Algernon Menome.

Egg0

Banned
I'm about to watch the 2010 live-action Tekken movie. You know what that means it's time for:

Flowers Alcohol For For Algernon Menome.

That's a bad movie that got a lot of the characters' likeness right.

As oppose to the sequel (technically a prequel) where it's a bad movie and none of the characters look like they do from the games.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Not watching any wrestling at the moment.

Realized I've got a current Hulu sub though...is NXT still going up there? Might get back into that.

For those of you who watched 96-97 and Punk/Bryans rise in, I think 13-14?, would you call them comparable? I'm obviously on the nostalgia side by thinking 96-97 was the more well rounded show.

Zach

For those of you who watched 96-97 and Punk/Bryans rise in, I think 13-14?, would you call them comparable? I'm obviously on the nostalgia side by thinking 96-97 was the more well rounded show.
I like Punk and Bryan a lot, but they can't hold a candle to the all-time great period of wrassle.

shaowebb

Wow...that guy has some shit tier ink. May as well throw a tribal, a Taz, a Calvin pissing on a car logo and maybe even an angry Tweety bird in for good measure to collect and have the full load of bad tattoos. I hear his hairline is some prime ink real estate thats goin on the market these days lol.

What a shit big dude. I knew they'd shove him down our throats at Money in the Bank. The worst dude usually wins in WWE.

Baron Quality His naval grows wider as his time in the WWE grows shorter.

I like Punk and Bryan a lot, but they can't hold a candle to the all-time great period of wrassle.

My interpretation of that period and based on watching a mix of PPV from then was that Punk and Bryan were the only compelling things going on.

Contrast that with 96-97 and there was bottom to top compelling feuds and stories.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My interpretation of that period and based on watching a mix of PPV from then was that Punk and Bryan were the only compelling things going on.

Contrast that with 96-97 and there was bottom to top compelling feuds and stories.

Top to bottom is a bit of an exaggeration. WWF only had so many people in those two years, and while WCW had pretty much everyone else they could only seemingly book well for their low and mid card guys after Hogan showed up (and most of the second half of 1996-early 1997 with the NWO) while the rest of the time they fucked up the main event. So if you jammed the first half of any given WCW show with the WWF main event you'd have the perfect show.

Top to bottom is a bit of an exaggeration. WWF only had so many people in those two years, and while WCW had pretty much everyone else they could only seemingly book well for their low and mid card guys after Hogan showed up (and most of the second half of 1996-early 1997 with the NWO) while the rest of the time they fucked up the main event. So if you jammed the first half of any given WCW show with the WWF main event you'd have the perfect show.

yup

both shows had a lot of crap going on.

the key difference is wwf wasn't actively working against it's rising stars back then like they are these days. wcw wasn't as a company, but the top guys were working against the lighter guys being pushed.

wwf tag division back then was some of the worst in wwf history.

Top Bottom