• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic Park 4 is now Jurassic World

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Is Yoshi gonna be in this movie

Yeah, his design leaked out a few weeks ago.

fgLA9Rf.jpg

Story will revolve around an open park, so its likely the title is likely an in universe name for the new park. The story leaks described the park to being similar to Disney World/Sea World, so the title likely reflects that.

I think it has something to do with a new park, not a world inhabited by dinosaurs (which sounds just terrible plot wise).

EDIT: Er, yeah, what carnotaur said.

I want the movie to include the scene where a corporate exec pitches the Jurassic World idea after San Diego was attacked by a T-Rex.

"Now hear me out!"

What was wrong with calling it Jurassic Park 4? Jurassic Park is a known brand. It's sort of like with COD:MW2. I think the technical name of the game is just MW2, because once the SP campaign starts the title just says MW2. However, the box still has the COD name on it. It's what uninformed consumers know. With the new JP, they should have just given the movie a subtitle like (a terrible example by me) Jurassic Park: Evolution.

What was wrong with calling it Jurassic Park 4? Jurassic Park is a known brand. It's sort of like with COD:MW2. I think the technical name of the game is just MW2, because once the SP campaign starts the title just says MW2. However, the box still has the COD name on it. It's what uninformed consumers know. With the new JP, they should have just given the movie a subtitle like (a terrible example by me) Jurassic Park: Evolution.

"Hey, Jurassic Park 4 is out!"

"Theres 4? I dont remember what happened in all the others."

"How new can it be? Dinosaurs are just going to get loose again and kill a couple people."

"Yeah, lets go see Jack and Jill 2 instead."

So it's creatively bankrupt because they're opting for no feathers?

No, I'm referring to the fact it's being made in the first place.
Hollywood is trying it's best to stick to what the big wigs think will bring in the cash ... another installment in a series that came from a beloved classic is just as bad (or worse) in my eyes as a safe "by the numbers" pop-corn flick starring [insert over-paid actor].

A quick thing about the "NO FEATHERS"thing. That was when the director had just signed on and months before the movie was put on hold and entirely revamped. We don't know if that's still the case. While obviously not all the dinosaurs are going to have feathers I wouldn't be surprised to see at least a few do. Keep in mind because these dinosaurs are genetically modified they have an explanation and are under no obligation to put feathers on other than to be up to date with modern science.

No, I'm referring to the fact it's being made in the first place.
Hollywood is trying it's best to stick to what the big wigs think will bring in the cash ... another installment in a series that came from a beloved classic is just as bad (or worse) in my eyes as a safe "by the numbers" pop-corn flick starring [insert over-paid actor].

Your dead wrong. Fans have been begging for a fourth Jurassic Park for over a decade now. This isn't some cash in like the 8 Assasins creed games Ubisoft have planned for the next year or WB fast tracking a Superman/Batman movie.

Hurley

I hope they include Troodon in the new film. I thought that species was pretty cool in that JP game from Telltale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom