• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic Park 4 is now Jurassic World

Status
Not open for further replies.
That may be concept footage of JP4 after all.. uploader of the video posted this:

"All I can say is this video was shown as part of Iain McCaig's presentation at the recent Star Wars convention in Germany (he's the fantastic concept artist and designer of Darth Maul). I can only presume it was part of a pitch for reigniting the JP movie franchise, if anyone can confirm please let me know. It was apparently shown to Kathleen Kennedy and Steven Spielberg. Mr McCaig actually said "it certainly got Steven interested in dinosaurs again..." I just think is so cool! "

ibfpE0GrtXZPWd.gif

also at the end of that "jurassic world" logo you see the velociraptor* but with a more prominent Feather Mohawk™

obviously this is probably just a pitch or for a canceled game or whatever but seriously stop trying compromise on the feathers, it just makes the animals look stupid when you go half-way

I vastly prefer this fan logo over the official thing:

y6zn.png

The letters just need a little work to blend with the rest of the image. Also, whoops, didn't even pay attention and realize I was the last one to post before.

Any plot ideas? Does it follow the pterodactyls escaping the island in JP3? Or is the word World used just because it sounds cool?

Are we still confined to an island? That'd be better. Usually trying to be bigger makes for crappy sequels.

Any plot ideas? Does it follow the pterodactyls escaping the island in JP3? Or is the word World used just because it sounds cool?

Are we still confined to an island? That'd be better. Usually trying to be bigger makes for crappy sequels.

Nublar. New park (likely called Jurassic World) is operational and wildly successful for years. Its like a mix between the original JP+Disney&SeaWorld. They have shows interacting with some of the Dinosaurs, etc. Either way, bad things will happen but the stakes are much higher and the setting is much more complex. This is all based off of plot leaks before the delay, but I doubt the premise has changed that drastically.

Madness

I always had a thought like what if the sequel took place in China. Like some InGen executives decide to sell their secrets to the Chinese etc. They build a hell of a new Park called Jurassic World in Inner Mongolia. It makes a lot of money for the executives but it's also a way for China to show it can go above and beyond what the Americans did in the first films.

They hire Malcolm to check it out etc. Bring Dr. Grant as well. And at the end, the dinosaurs aren't able to be controlled anymore and escape and breed like crazy in all parts of Eurasia. You have reports of Raptors tearing apart tigers in India, you have Triceratops decimating polar bears in Siberia or something. Probably show mountain goats in Tibet being picked apart by Pterodactyls.

Not have it be as heartfelt in a sense, but have some more elements of horror, futility and humanity once again playing god.

So, what the hells is gonna happen to the "JP" symbol? Will it just have worked added to it, will they make a JW one or will they drop it entirely? I really wonder how branding will will continue.. will things be Jurassic Park, or will Jurassic world take over?

Quick mock-ups

I like the first, but the second looks like an anchor so maybe it will go with the water theme? :lol

antonz

Yeah I would have to sadly say there is very little chance Attenborough reprises his role as he is confined to a wheelchair etc. these days. I mean I guess they could do another sick john Hammond scene with him in his bed ala Lost World but I think that's pushing it.

The man is 90 years old now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom