• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic Park 4 - June 13, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

commedieu

Banned
the concept art for JP4 is horrible.

medium.jpg

excited if this bullshit is no where to be found. Starting vacuum... now

Randdalf

I hope they stick with the spirit of the books, the brilliance (for me) of Jurassic Park and The Lost World is how everything falls apart from a perfectly safe position, life finds a way. Jurassic Park III did not capture that spirit, and is essentially a boring chase movie. The first parts of JP and TLW are spent building up the safety of the park, how nothing can no wrong, and then inevitably it does. Goldblum's character is the lone voice who sees this inevitable downfall and it is why he is key to the series and why Crichton made him the protagonist of The Lost World.

In truth, I'd like them to remake The Lost World with a plot that's truer to the book, because some fairly epic stuff happens (getting stuck inside a cage and rolling down a cliff into a raptor nest for one).

SolKane

they should have this one set in china. some chinese billionaire has kidnapped the bbc guy, and forces him to make dinosaurs for his mansion. but somehow the dinosaurs get out, and its up to sam mcneill, the world's most dinosaur expert, to stop the dinosaurs from rampaging shanghai. also there is a chinese scientist, played by laura dern in offensive makeup, and she helps defeat the dinosaurs, but also teaches about chinese culture and familial piety. it would be a great east meets west film, and also a spoof on godzilla.

SJRB

Gold Member
My heart skipped a beat, this is awesome news.

I loved the original [obviously] but The Lost World just as much. It's an amazing adventure movie. The third one doesn't exist as far as I am concerned.

Retro

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1bl2kxlM41qmg4b2o1_1280.jpg

As someone who had more than a few DinoRiders (but none of the awesome huge ones), I can honestly say that if this received a serious big-screen version, I would be ecstatic. Humans crash land on a prehistoric planet, reptilian villains in tow, and start riding around on Dinosaurs with armor, laser beams and missiles attached? Hell yeah.

Doing that in the framework of the established Jurassic Park franchise though? Pass.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Wouldn't want to get that extra money a franchise with a healthy built in audience has.
Call that shit "Welcome to Jurassic Park" or something. Don't stick a number at the end if the other sequels, especially JP 3, sucked major Dilophosaurus cock.

The story will surround the children's return to the island as adults, but this time they have their own kids. All in the name of a scavenger hunt that requires dino droppings and old Unix systems.

racerx77

Banned
I want to be excited.. but.. ONCE AGAIN, Universals biggest franchise, and NO SCRIPT YET... Same thing happened with 3. They were actually WRITING the script while FILMING.. Way to treat the franchise, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom