• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic Park 4 - June 13, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same year GODZILLA comes out.. who will win? :)

May 16, 2014 is the announced date for Legendary's Godzilla, so they're very close, at least for now.

I'm honestly looking forward to this year's 3D re-release of the first one more, but morbid curiosity will compel me to see this.

Also, fuck the haters, they better not hold back on feathering the raptors. I grow stronger from their tears.

I want to be excited.. but.. ONCE AGAIN, Universals biggest franchise, and NO SCRIPT YET... Same thing happened with 3. They were actually WRITING the script while FILMING.. Way to treat the franchise, guys.

Uh, I bet they have script if they are announcing a date. They are gonna have to start filming soon, and odds are they have already started preproduction.. life size dinosaurs take time to build!

I want to see the Carnotaurus in JP4!

Uh, I bet they have script if they are announcing a date. They are gonna have to start filming soon, and odds are they have already started preproduction.. life size dinosaurs take time to build!

I want to see the Carnotaurus in JP4!

You would think that is the case. We don't know who is directing this. As of right now, with all the info we have, there is no way it makes June 2014.

I just hope they don't go with another 'oops Alan Grant and Ian Malcom on an island!"

make Tim take over InGen, try to start JP again.. have Dodgson take advantage of Tim, merge BioSyn into InGen..bad things, etc, etc.

JP4!

Jokergrin

7268708.jpg

bring back Alan Grant!!

Isn't Kathleen Kennedy the manager of Lucasfilm now? Is she even involved with Jurassic Park anymore? Seems like she would have her hands completely full at Disney

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
JP4 will be a remake of JP1 and Sam Neill will play the role of Doctor Hammond, just for the lolz.

Aurongel

Yeah, yeah, but your producers were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should.

Isn't Kathleen Kennedy the manager of Lucasfilm now? Is she even involved with Jurassic Park anymore? Seems like she would have her hands completely full at Disney

yeah, she's president of Lucasfilm. If she gets a credit on Jurassic Park IV, it's probably an executive producer credit, which is probably contractual. I highly doubt she has anything to do with this.

It appears people in the thread missed it: There is a script - the people who wrote Rise of the Planet of the Apes were hired last summer to whip out a couple drafts of Jurassic Park IV. It appears they've done so.

Maybe someone will come in to polish it up on set, but considering they want this thing out by Summer 2014, they probably don't have the time to do a page one rewrite, or a breakdown/rebuild of whatever it is that pair turned in. They HAVE to start shooting by this spring, I'd think.

yeah, she's president of Lucasfilm. If she gets a credit on Jurassic Park IV, it's probably an executive producer credit, which is probably contractual. I highly doubt she has anything to do with this.

It appears people in the thread missed it: There is a script - the people who wrote Rise of the Planet of the Apes were hired last summer to whip out a couple drafts of Jurassic Park IV. It appears they've done so.

Maybe someone will come in to polish it up on set, but considering they want this thing out by Summer 2014, they probably don't have the time to do a page one rewrite, or a breakdown/rebuild of whatever it is that pair turned in. They HAVE to start shooting by this spring, I'd think.

Theres a couple of things adding up

1)As you said the Planet of the Apes guys were hired to write a script last year
2)Universal is bringing the original back in theaters this summer. I know it's the anniversary but I think it's also to get people hyped on JP again kind of like how Lucas released star wars back in theathers in the late 90s to get them primed for Phantom Menace.
3)Universal has been rumored to be expanding the Jurassic Park Island at their Islands of Adventure theme park in Orlando. I was thrilled but I didn't understand why since they seemed to have put the JP franchise in dormant. A new movie means adding new attractions/change ups to the park make sense now.

Anyone else think we'll get either a teaser or full-blown trailer attached to JP3D

Most definitely. Not a lick of footage. Probably just a glass of water, and then a rumble, and then the screen getting scratched up or something, a dinosaur poking its face through the hole (IN THREE DEE) and then the logo.

neoism

Yeah, I really hope they are ready to make that release date, because it better not mean all CGI dinos only.

Yup. I really think Tim and Lex can carry lead roles in JP4.

Stan is gone... :( cgi is good enough. hell I still think JP has great cg to this day... watched it in HD for the first a week ago... lol I've seen that shit so many times I know everyones lines lol

Stan is gone... :( cgi is good enough. hell I still think JP has great cg to this day... watched it in HD for the first a week ago... lol I've seen that shit so many times I know everyones lines lol

I know. ='(

I still think Legacy should try to carry his...legacy... and make full on animatronic dinosaurs. It just wont be the same otherwise. Plus, current CG is good, but not good enough IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom