• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JURASSIC PARK - A Thread 65 Million Years In The Making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lachie007

The book is now on Amazon for Kindle starting this week. everyone should download it if they have not read it before. Since it is way way way better than the movie.

If you like in depth descriptions of every dinosaur and all your favourite characters die!

Yeah that would make the most sense in continuing the story from the first. The barbasol can always struck me as a loose end that would SURELY be covered in a sequel....

I'm sure I remember early on it was said that the coolant only lasts 36 hours, so the embryos wouldn't survive for very long after.

Why can't they make a Jp where they go back to isla nublar to recover the shaving cream can and have to face off against biosyn mercs? Or have them try to reopen the park. Those are the sequel concepts I always wanted to see not that lost world and jp3 shit

Yeah that would make the most sense in continuing the story from the first. The barbasol can always struck me as a loose end that would SURELY be covered in a sequel....

Telltale shows what happened to that barbasol can in Jurassic Park: The Game.

(at least its dealt with in the 1st chapter. but thats all ive finished so far.)

BioSyn should, I'm sorry, never come in.

?

BioSyn has already been introduced in the first film, at least passively due to Nedry working for Dodgson. Maybe they can have a different name, or be more of a smaller organization, but I think the idea of Dodgson people being involved in JP4 would not be bad at all.

It hasn't been proven that t rex had feathers as an adult, right?

Not proven, not yet.

Just ordered this from Etsy for my new macbook air.

GcoOg.jpg

So pumped.

Seeing this thread has given me the incredible urge to do a JP marathon today. Some of my favorite movies of all time - make me feel like a little kid.

BFIB

Today on BBC America, they are playing Jurassic Park 3 right now, and at 6 PM CST they will be playing Jurassic Park in HD.

Will rewatch.

Though, I noticed this when Lost World played on USA last month. I saw there were a few added scenes, was there a directors cut or something I was missing?

Today on BBC America, they are playing Jurassic Park 3 right now, and at 6 PM CST they will be playing Jurassic Park in HD.

Will rewatch.

Though, I noticed this when Lost World played on USA last month. I saw there were a few added scenes, was there a directors cut or something I was missing?

There were 2 scenes that were cut from TLW that got reinstated into the film when it started playing on TV but for some reason the DVD and Bluray version do not have those 2 scenes as part of the movie (They are on the disc as deleted scenes in the supplementary section). It's weird.

Yeah I never did get why they add those scenes into the tv versions and not on the Blu Ray or DVDs, but ah well. Still it would have been a nice to have the option.

I wonder why they never tried to restore any old cut scenes from the original JP, even if just for the special features.. I was hoping the Blu Ray would give us some more never before seen things.

Replicant

Just got this on Blu-ray but one thing immediately bothers me: the grain. Was the film always this grainy or was it something that just occur post Blu-ray conversion?

Lachie007

I think it might be the conversion. Thought there was something up with my ps3 or hdmi cord the first i played it. Sounds awesome though

Never told this story.

I was on a train going home, at a window seat. We were crossing L.A./San Diego when I saw one of the Raptors in somebody's yard.

Oh my.. I just watched this the other day. Gaf always knows what I'm doing! The movie is so good! Still one of my favorite movies of all time. That CG still holds up pretty damn well.

bengraven

I remember how fucking hyped I was when they were working on JP. Just a glimpse of small news ("they're currently filming in Hawaii") and then later a spy shot of an electric fence or Stan Winston's team.

Just seeing that shot of Malcolm above with the raptor, the little logo in the back...god that logo was in my dreams.

Seriously, I adore this franchise, despite the two last weak movies. Jurassic Park is still one of my favorite novels of all time and is in fact my most read novel (at least a dozen times).

All I want are dinosaurs, a park, and some survival horror...and awesome merch. Please God don't listen to the people who want this to be campy...

Just recently seen JP2 & JP3 for the first time.
Dayum.. both suck balls but JP2 feels even worse than 3. Although 3 feels like a "B.Ratnerrized" bastardchild, it certainly didn't feel streched and so forced as JP2. JP2 is trying to hard to get people as excited about seeing dinosaurs as if it were JP1. JP3 skips all this and delves right into the stupid popcorn action.
And man did I hate that King Kong shit at the end of JP2.

On a different note: Does Steven Spielberg hate women in his movies? Because I want to punch every female lead in every Jurassic Park movie in the mouth. They all behave as wrong as possible in every situation. It's absolutley infurating.

Liamario

Banned
The first one is far superior to its sequels. I even feel that the special effects are superior (probably down to how they were used).

This shot blew my mind and it still holds up. It was real to me, REAL

jp_lagoon.jpg

The first one is far superior to its sequels. I even feel that the special effects are superior (probably down to how they were used).

jp_lagoon.jpg

I feel like TLW was on par special effects wise, something about the direction and maybe the lighting of JP3 made the CGI animals look weird

I feel like TLW was on par special effects wise, something about the direction and maybe the lighting of JP3 made the CGI animals look weird

There are some scenes in JP3 where the CGI definitely looks off, but there are some scenes where it's just phenomenal, leaps and bounds above most everything in the first two.

I bring this up pretty much every time I talk about the series, but this:
kicks the crap out of pretty much all of the CGI in the first two. The only non-CG Pteranodons that appear on film are the hatchlings when they're in the nest.

bengraven

Some of the JP3 dinosaurs look cartoony I think. Maybe more in the way they act. It's the biggest reason why I haven't watched it a second time.

There are some scenes in JP3 where the CGI definitely looks off, but there are some scenes where it's just phenomenal, leaps and bounds above most everything in the first two.

I bring this up pretty much every time I talk about the series, but this:

kicks the crap out of pretty much all of the CGI in the first two. The only non-CG Pteranodons that appear on film are the hatchlings when they're in the nest.

Are you sure they didn't film with any adult Pteranodon animatronics? Cause I know they made em:

akRVSUxodGRvVHcx_o_jurassic-park-3---pteranodon-test---stan-winston-studio-.jpg

Here it is in action, looking awesome and creepy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyULFxTNqfI

That said, some of those close ups did looks great, but the overall movie just looked off.. The CGI dinosaurs, and hell even some of the animatronics looked bad in motion.

Are you sure they didn't film with any adult Pteranodon animatronics? Cause I know they made em:

Here it is in action, looking awesome and creepy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyULFxTNqfI

That said, some of those close ups did looks great, but the overall movie just looked off.. The CGI dinosaurs, and hell even some of the animatronics looked bad in motion.

I thought they used it too, but according to the making of thing on the Blu-Ray release they made the animatronic, brought it to the set, and then decided to not use it at all for one reason or another. A similar situation happened with the adult Stegosaurus animatronic made for The Lost World (though it has a cameo later in the film in a cage).

Did you guys know that Cameron was going after the rights to Jurassic Park, but was beaten out by Spielberg by a few hours?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...steven-spielberg_n_1864996.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

"I tried to buy the book rights and he beat me to it by a few hours," Cameron revealed at the recently-opened Titanic Museum in Belfast, where the ship he brought to the big screen was designed and crafted back at the beginning of last century.

"But when I saw the film, I realised that I was not the right person to make the film, he was. Because he made a dinosaur movie for kids, and mine would have been aliens with dinosaurs, and that wouldn't have been fair.

"Dinosaurs are for 8-year-olds. We can all enjoy it, too, but kids get dinosaurs and they should not have been excluded for that. His sensibility was right for that film, I'd have gone further, nastier, much nastier."

AndresON777

shooting blanks

Am I the only one that thinks this dino is ready for rear entry?

anyway one of my favorite movies of all time.

DINO DNA!

Did you guys know that Cameron was going after the rights to Jurassic Park, but was beaten out by Spielberg by a few hours?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...steven-spielberg_n_1864996.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

ibn8T02ri3A04m.gif

Seriously, that is EXACTLY what I want out of the new JP movie. The books had some great horror elements to them and quite honestly, I doubt Cameron would have gotten as sloppy as Spielberg did with The Lost World (or whatever the sequel would have been).

Melchiah

Cameron's JP sounds like shit, to be honest.

Aliens is a good film, but it in no way was the JP book.

I agree, and to be honest, Aliens is the only Cameron movie that I like and own, and I really don't see the point in recreating that with dinosaurs. The rest of his movies fall into the 'meh' category, and some of his older films feel kinda goofy today, as far as I'm concerned.

jp_lagoon.jpg

The music during that scene is also fantastically epic. I still get misty-eyed when I watch it.

jp_lagoon.jpg

The sequels are bad. TLW really doesn't hold up, IMO.

fritolay

I have heard that parts of Detroit is basically being abandoned, turned into parks, or just left for nature to take over. Wouldn't this be an awesome place to put some dinosaurs and a theme park?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom