• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JURASSIC PARK - A Thread 65 Million Years In The Making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sill4

So I was just thinking about what I believe was Hammond's biggest mistake.

Breeding motherfuckin Velociraptors. What the hell, man.

It's not like he can play the "w..w..well we didn't know they were so deadly" card because if Alan Grant knows they are deadly, then surely his hired experts would know... or at least read Grant's book. I mean shiiiiiit even his grandson read Grant's book. (of course, I don't know if the book even detailed the raptors, but my point is that the knowledge was there)

And the T-Rex! WTF Man?! One of the most powerful creatures to ever walk the Earth, and it's got one fence to block it in?! Golf. Ham.

Here at the Tulsa zoo all the large predators like grizzly bears, Lions, Tigers, and Chimps (I know, chimps aren't full blown carnivores but they are VERY deadly) all have a concrete ravine/canal on top of the fences.

So could there not have been a cliff to separate the Rex from the people?! I mean, it's cool to put a cliff INSIDE the Rex Paddock, next to the fence, but not one between the outer perimeter of the fence and the car track just in case of the event the fence failed.

Spared no expense???? Fuck you, Hammond!

Why not start out slow with less dangerous dinosaurs and eventually lead up to dilophosaurus and T-Rex but PROPERLY CONTAINED.

Btw I love Jurassic Park

Branduil

It's not like he can play the "w..w..well we didn't know they were so deadly" card because if Alan Grant knows they are deadly, then surely his hired experts would know... or at least read Grant's book. I mean shiiiiiit even his grandson read Grant's book. (of course, I don't know if the book even detailed the raptors, but my point is that the knowledge was there)

And the T-Rex! WTF Man?! One of the most powerful creatures to ever walk the Earth, and it's got one fence to block it in?! Golf. Ham.

Here at the Tulsa zoo all the large predators like grizzly bears, Lions, Tigers, and Chimps (I know, chimps aren't full blown carnivores but they are VERY deadly) all have a concrete ravine/canal on top of the fences.

So could there not have been a cliff to separate the Rex from the people?! I mean, it's cool to put a cliff INSIDE the Rex Paddock, next to the fence, but not one between the outer perimeter of the fence and the car track just in case of the event the fence failed.

Why not start out slow with less dangerous dinosaurs and eventually lead up to dilophosaurus and T-Rex but PROPERLY CONTAINED.

Btw I love Jurassic Park

No his biggest mistake was relying on automation programmed by one dude for everything.

Megasoum

Banned
Arghhh I want to watch the movie again. Now if only they would release the standalone blurays... I'm not gonna pay for 2 and 3.

Sill4

No his biggest mistake was relying on automation programmed by one dude for everything.

Agreed but you must admit, even if Nedry messed everything up and the systems failed, if the biggest risk was getting stepped on by a brachiosaurus or charged by a trike, the aftermath of the incident would have been vastly different.

Branduil

Agreed but you must admit, even if Nedry messed everything up and the systems failed, if the biggest risk was getting stepped on by a brachiosaurus or charged by a trike, the aftermath of the incident would have been vastly different.

Eh, it's not like a single unarmed person will fare any better against a tiger or a lion. Just look what happened when that tiger escaped from the San Francisco zoo. It was a problem of insufficient safety precautions and design.

This was linked over at JPLegacy, seems to be a JP The Ride expansion that was planned back in 2010.. It was new to me so I figured I would share:

http://www.coroflot.com/eric_williams/Art-Direction

I assume this idea was canceled, but I have never heard of it one way or another til now.. Maybe it can still happen, it looks awesome, and it looks like it was built to coexist with the river adventure.

=D

Please oh please be JP4.

I heard this ride is being considered for Florida possibly in the location of triceratops encounter and camp Jurassic. I hope it's true

Think about it though, they were extracting and cloning DNA blind, they didn't have a clue what they were cloning until it had actually hatched.

He spent millions (billions?) building this island and Site B, getting all the staff, paying loads of money for amber from cold climates to be shipped to Site B, the yields of viable embryos were that low he had to make thousands upon thousands of dud ones just to get one fertilised egg.

Would you use all the money cloning a dinosaur for it to turn out to be a predator and then put it down wasting all that money?

Watching the Lost World right now.

Sarah says they shouldn't be fucking around with anything, not even so much as "bending a blade of grass". Only there to "observe and document and not interact".

This is 2 minutes after molesting a baby Stego and snapping pictures setting off a whole fucktitude of disturbance amongst the herd.

So good.

Sarah says they shouldn't be fucking around with anything, not even so much as "bending a blade of grass". Only there to "observe and document and not interact".

This is 2 minutes after molesting a baby Stego and snapping pictures setting off a whole fucktitude of disturbance amongst the herd.

So good.

Yeah, the script is god-awful.

T'Zariah

Banned

So good.

And later on they bring a BABY T-REX TO THE TRAILER!

Should've just wrote "Eat me" all over them.

Btw I love Jurassic Park

Pits/Moats lining the inside of the fences would have been a pretty solid idea.

That also.

I heard this ride is being considered for Florida possibly in the location of triceratops encounter and camp Jurassic. I hope it's true

Really? Do you have a link to this.. I would be fuckin thrilled to finally get a jeep adventure ride.

Jurassic Park 3D Blu Ray releasing April 23, 2013... Only 18 days after it comes out in theaters. Does this mean the movie will have an incredibly short run?

xuae4RY.jpg

Also, the Jurassic Park films are getting standalone Blu Ray releases, so if you only wanted the first film only you now have your chance!

----

On another note, looks like Universal dropped the Spinosaurus from the JP3 logo:

GnCA0W6.jpg

That makes me a happy camper. It also gives me higher hopes for JP4's logo.

NYR94

Finally we're getting separate releases of the first three films. Every time I go to the store I see the trilogy but don't want to buy all 3 films.

Man, I would really dig the JP3D logo if it weren't for the big, goofy looking '3D'. I have to say, I like the new logo changes across the board, but I'm not too fond of the letters being empty and not having the red lines inside. They look kinda weird so large and white.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Only 18 days after it comes out in theaters. Does this mean the movie will have an incredibly short run?

Engadget article said it was only gonna be in theaters for a week.

After picking up that Sony 3D monitor on black friday, I think I'm legally obligated to buy this :lol

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Also, the Jurassic Park films are getting standalone Blu Ray releases, so if you only wanted the first film only you now have your chance!

There's been a stand-alone edition of the first film out on blu-ray since April 2012. -- Amazon

Lost World stand-alone since November 2012: Amazon

Jurassic Park 3 stand-alone since November 2012: Amazon

That said, the trilogy pack costs about as much as one of those alone.

So good.

JonTron sums it up well

I also hate the gymnastic girl beating the raptor. One of the worst scenes ever.

I just really hope the rumors of a JP expansion at Universal Studious are true.. There is just so much unused potential in the JP portion of IOA.

strafer

Jurassic Park 3 almost got cancelled.

DreamWorks CEO Stacey Snider says she experienced Kennedy's competence back in 2000, when, as chairman of Universal, she was weeks away from the start of filming on Jurassic Park 3, with $18 million already spent: "I was in New York, and my phone rang, and as my foot stepped into the crosswalk, Kath said: 'Steven and [director Joe Johnston] aren't happy with the script. We're going to pull the plug.' And by the time I got to the other side of this wide boulevard, she had told me what the plan was, how the $18 million would be rendered productive, how they would fix the script and restart the movie. It was from one curb to the other -- something horrible happened, and there was a solution."

iblrgt1swl.gif

Jurassic Park "Shakems" announced:

shakems.jpg

February 5th, 2013

Factory Entertainment expands its line of Shakems™ Premium Motion Statues

Concord, CA –Factory Entertainment, Inc. will be unveiling additions to it highly successful range of Shakems™ Premium Motion Statues at Toy Fair 2013. Factory Entertainment launched its proprietary Shakems™ line in 2012, with a straightforward premise-- take the fun and movement of a traditional bobblehead , add the accuracy and detail of a polystone statue, combine with some of the most appealing franchises in film, television and music, and you have a Shakems™ Premium Motion Statue.

Factory Entertainment’s initial round of Shakems™ included The Beatles, Men in Black, The Princess Bride and Garfield. Factory will be expanding the line in 2013 with additional Beatles items and will be adding Shakems based on other highly popular properties, including:

Back to the Future
Archer
Jaws
Shaun of the Dead
Jurassic Park
Monty Python
Ghostbusters

The new Shakems™ will feature sound, where appropriate, and will replicate characters, vehicles and key scenes, including:

Back to the Future-- Delorean time machine
Archer--Talking Sterling Archer
Jaws--Orca Boat Shark Attack
Monty Python---Singing Lumberjack
Jurassic Park--T-Rex Encounter
Ghostbusters--Slimer
Shaun of the Dead--Zombie Ed

The products are currently in development with a planned release starting in the summer of 2013. Initial prototypes will be unveiled in the Factory Entertainment Booth (#4979) at New York Toy Fair in February.

“Shakems™ are not only aesthetically pleasing but also tactile and just downright fun” said Barry Eldridge, Creative Director of Factory Entertainment. "You can collect them, enjoy them and interact with them.” Eldridge continued ”It’s truly a thrill to be able to add so many exciting properties to the Shakems™ line-up giving us a broad mix of both new and vintage brands, none of which have been presented like this before!”

About Factory Entertainment

Factory Entertainment is a leading manufacturer and distributor of high-quality licensed toys and collectibles featuring a wide variety of music and entertainment properties, including The Beatles, James Bond, Men in Black, Archer, Universal Monsters, Jurassic Park, Back to the Future, Jaws, Monty Python, KISS, and The Princess Bride. For all the latest product information, as well as updates and preproduction previews, please visit www.factoryent.com

Hopefully JP3D brings out more fun stuff than just Bobbleheads.

Ominym

Banned
WRONG his biggest mistake was hiring this guy to do the job

tumblr_ldc9k4erFL1qza49co1_500.png

Hey, you know anybody who can network eight connection machines and debug two million lines of code for what he bid for this job?

Because if you can, I'd love to see them try.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I was happy about the 3D conversion, because it meant a new film scan, which (I thought) meant a better 2D Blu-ray in the set.
Then Top Gun 3D reviews hit. :(
They did a new scan for Top Gun. It looked great. But they only used it for the 3D conversion.
The 2D disc in the set is the same dated, DNR'd mess as before. Love dat static grain. :/

Different companies, I know, but now I'm worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom