• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World Evolution announced, Summer 2018, PC/XB1/PS4 (Frontier)

strafer

Saw everything I needed to see.

PgCW2wy.gif

The Argus

I'd be all over this during a sale, if any other dev was making this.

But, with the Frontier PC/RC3 team working on this, I'm there day one.

Really hope they tweak the Cobra engine though. Planet Coaster runs like shit.

PgCW2wy.gif
Ma boy Trex not happy with that human meal he just had lmaooooo. He needed something bigger to appease his appetite. Also like the other worker stuck on wire. He took Dr. Grants advise on not to move when you see a Trex.

Ok maybe stupid question. But why were there dinosaurs on both sides of the fence in the trailer?

I remember in operation genesis, I would sometimes just have one fence between two dinosaur pens or paddocks to separate herbivores and carnivores.

Zoo Tycoon Dinosaur Digs spiritual successor being made by the Planet Coaster folks? I'm in.

Hopefully, this is one step closer to them just creating a spiritual successor to Zoo Tycoon in the future.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Could be cool I guess. If they can get the graphics anywhere close to that video.......

I'm still bummed about the cancellation of that PS2 Jurassic Park game.

We've yet to really have a good proper action/survival JP game.

Jawmuncher

It's sounding like despite this being a "Make your own park" kind of game. You'll probably be able to run around your own park and do things as well.

Vidiot

I have literally no experience with this type of game but love the Jurassic movies. Can someone please attempt to explain what games like this are all about and what makes them fun?

AndyVirus

I have literally no experience with this type of game but love the Jurassic movies. Can someone please attempt to explain what games like this are all about and what makes them fun?
Basically a top down sim where create your own Jurassic Park. Think along the lines of this screenshot:

j8.jpg

Mik2121

Basically a top down sim where create your own Jurassic Park. Think along the lines of this screenshot:

http://www.shadowofthemac.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/j8.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
But hopefully with graphics at least as good as Planet Coaster:

[IMG]http://www.hardcoregamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/PlanetCoaster.jpg

As well as their awesome tools for paths, etc..

Wait. Now that I think about it, and while I know it wouldn't make sense in a business way... this should have been an expansion DLC for Planet Coaster :(
Still, will buy (unless something terrible happens).

OMG I just thought about the modding possibilities for this game on pc. I know that Mesozoica and another PC game were being made to fill the empty void of JP OG sequel but now I really hope people get into this.

I was wondering if anyone would remember that one!

hqdefault.jpg

Yet another Kickstarter hopeful that may have bitten off more than it can chew. They have no firm release date anymore and their last update says they'll include "Jeeps" while seemingly failing to understand that Jeep is a brand name, so they better start calling them Geeps or something dumb like that.

Amateur hour, as expected.

Jawmuncher

Thus far there has been at least 1 Jurassic Park game every generation (From when the movie came out). Wonder how long that goes.

Operation genesis is among the only great jp games so its good to see a sort of revival.
Plus gore and playing as dinos. Day 1.
2018 is gonna be a great fkn year(and then half of it will be delayed to 2019).

Bishop89

PgCW2wy.gif
This is fucking awesome.

BUT, is this going to be littered with microtransactions?

I think there was a Jurassic Park building game in ios which was horrible coz you had to wait like hours for things to build etc..

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
This is fucking awesome.

BUT, is this going to be littered with microtransactions?

I think there was a Jurassic Park building game in ios which was horrible coz you had to wait like hours for things to build etc..

Nope, it's not micro transactions game. I think it's going to be like Operation Genesis and Planet Coaster.

Top Bottom