• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World |OT| WARNING! Safety Not, uh, Guaranteed | RT: 71?!%

Status
Not open for further replies.
It definitely took a monster b-movie approach at times but so did the other three. I think people need to understand that these aren't documentaries.

Toxi

Banned
The pterosaur attack could have really used Hatzegopteryx/Quetzalcoatlus.

tumblr_mbedpfmr3r1qa4wgqo1_500.jpg

Imagine flocks of these massive things landing amidst crowds to swallow people whole (Presumably with their size exaggerated like the Mosasaurus). Fucking scary.

Superflat

Imagine flocks of these massive things landing amidst crowds to eat people (Presumably with their size a bit exaggerated like the Mosasaurus). Fucking scary.

All the way back, around when TLW was coming out, my friend and I used to geek out about a scenario in which people had to survive from a hungry Quetzalcoatlus. They're legit eerie looking and scary as shit. I think they were either turned down or not a part of the discussion because of how simply crazy they would look on screen. Pteranodons are easier for an audience to grasp (I imagine). I just had a conversation with a co-worker who was confused that some of the flying dinosaurs in JW had "T-Rex" heads, and thought they were made up dinosaurs the park created; I had to convince him it was a real dinosaur lol

Verger

Banned
Finally saw the film.

Like many, I'll echo it is a much much better sequel than either of the others and actually feels like a sequel (I could never get over the fact that the sequels never returned us to Isla Nublar and just created a brand new island out of nowhere) to the original film with all the callouts. Obviously if only Sam Neil or Jeff Goldblum could have been included even as a tourist, it would have been great.

Of course it's not as good as the original, there is no way a film will ever be considered better than the original because, well, that was original. Had never been done before to that effect and it stands above most cinema because of it.

Still, I didn't get many of the complaints.

The Kids - I thought they were fine, I didn't get anything "annoying" about them, and yeah, even though the whole
divorce plot seemed like just a throwaway addition, it didnt really add or detract anything
. They definitely didn't get on my nerves that's for sure.

Claire - At first I didn't like her, but I actually began warming to her as the film went on. At the beginning yeah, she's basically a corporate suit who memorizes her lines verbatim and is aloof from everyone, and pretty much just has her nephews invited to do her sister a favor and doesn't really care about them. This is why her acting is so damn awkward because she's trying to cope with the chaos around her and she doesn't know how, which is why her dialogue with her nephews is very awkward. Still, have to admire a woman who can run and do everything in those heels. ;)

Branding - I thought it was plainly obvious they were poking fun at the whole corporate sponsoring stuff that litters all around us with the intro and the guy making fun
of how they might as well give Verizon naming rights to dinosaurs.
But I didn't feel like I was being bombarded with it, it felt like it was supposed to blend in well since, well, theme parks are pretty littered with the brands in real life anyway.

No Feather Dino's - I think the film pretty much addressed this by saying point blank
"These are not real dinosaurs". And Wu saying that they've been splicing genes since the beginning so they never were going to be real Dino's ever

For me, actually the weakest part was Masrani. Even though he seemed likable I don't think he was really given a good scene to define his character. Even in the original, Gennaro the Lawyer while having few scenes still manages to really define his character well with how annoying he is. It could be just Irfan Khan was the wrong actor to use. He was kind of hard to understand

I also didn't care too much for D'Onofrio's Hoskins. I mean he does a great villain, but here it seemed like he was trying to hard. I think Stephen Lang would have been a better fit for this type of role and backstory. Though I suppose then he'd be typecasted as "Quaritch" anyway.

I loved Dr. Wu's character though and it was nice they were making him more out to be like how he was in the book. But then again I also love BD Wong's chilling almost dispassionately eager voice when it came to describing the work that he does.

Still, it was an amazingly fun film. Loved the opening of the park, though I also think it seems some scenes felt cut because it seemed like it jumped very quick from boat to monorail to hotel and out again. I also loved getting a good wide shot of the park for the first time to see just how big the resort was. And yeah, Giaccino's score worked wonders for this film and I think he did justice to John Williams.

I hope that the film's success will both enable release of an Extended Edition of the film with stuff left on the cutting room floor which couldn't be animated in time, as well as of course a bigger budget and resources for a sequel with better access to animatronics and even better CGI teams.

Imagine flocks of these massive things landing amidst crowds to swallow people whole (Presumably with their size exaggerated like the Mosasaurus). Fucking scary.
Holy shit, I never knew they were so big

zma1013

Pretty average by-the-numbers movie just going through the motions. It was incredibly boring. They said it best in the actual movie about how people have become bored with the dinosaurs like they're seeing just another elephant in a zoo and that's pretty much how I felt about this movie.

I saw Inside Out. Friends dragged me into seeing Dumber and Dumber 2: Mercedes Benz Electric Boga-loo, so I didn't have to pay for it. This is an Asylum movie with a budget.

The Good:

Owen's relationship with the Raptors is surprisingly decent. I did not expect that.

I have a sudden urge to buy a Mercedes Benz.

Dudebro cameo appearance. He shot and sliced a Dimorphodon.

The black guy didn't die!!!

The Indominus' way of getting out was pretty good...

The Bad:

This takes the worst of JP2 and 3 and blends into together into a movie. It's really astonishing.

I was cringing throughout most of the dialog. My god, there just so much shit. I can't even list the amount of times I rolled my eyes from the idiotic human characters, to the complete lack of chemistry the cast had, to... fat military man's acting. The kid suddenly crying about his parents divorce out of nowhere. It would have been touching if it wasn't for the fact that this plot point had 0 impact at the end. Fucking JP3's divorce plot actually had a point.

The CGI was terrible. Not a single scene of the Raptors looked convincing. The animation of the Mosasaur jumping out of the water in the final scene is SyFy channel level of bad. For me, the most important thing about CGI is blending in with the rest of the live action shots. Barely any of the shots blended in. The first closeup of the Indominus eye in the tree is down right low budget crap. Looks as bad in the movie as it does in the trailer. Even the nighttime shots weren't great, you can hide stuff well at night! JP3 had better effects, hands down.

MGqjI2F.jpg

pRazBdw.jpg

Oh and before people use the animatronic excuse, two of the Raptors in that JP3 shot are CGI. Skip to 4:56 in that link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1yOeTAZPVw

The animatronic Apatosaurus looks awful. They were made by Legacy Effects, not Stan Winston. Nowhere does it recapture the magic of the original Triceratops scene. Same could be said for most of the rehash JP1 scenes in this movie.

The idea of the movie is now we have dinosaurs running lose with a fully functional park, right?
Of course you never really get to see that. You got a remake of the Pterandon scene from JP3. I mean, you would think they'd do something about that, but no. I mean, HOLY FUCK! That's what most people thought they paid money to see.

The movie had no tension or atmosphere.
When the Raptors turn on them, they just magically appear whenever they want. Nothing in this movie had good build up or suspense.

Parts of it feels like a remake of the 1998 Godzilla. Is the Indominus immune to bullets too? Cause I could have sworn by the end, they had lethal weapons when Call of Duty showed up. Christ Pratt's gun shot bullets AFAIK.

Claire's character is incredibly sexist. Again, her and Chris Pratt just share one awkward scene after the next.

The final battle was once again inferior to JP3, and I think JP3 stinks. What was the point of having the T.rex there? The T.rex gets out, gets its ass kicked, and is saved by the Velociraptor, then the Mosasaur takes it down. The entire scene was so surreal and stupid. The Raptor comes running in in slow motion. Then the T.rex and Raptor looks at each other like a bunch of cartoon characters and walk off.

What the fuck is Ingen even doing in this movie? Why does it have so much control over the park? They when Chapter 11 in TLW. Where is that consistency? Oh wait, yeah, Colin Trevorrow probably never seen the original movie.

Jurassic World is this

Y2NXno7.jpg

Plus the park being open. Minus the human DNA in the raptors.

Timu

What on earth??? That needs to be in the next movie!!!

Jesus, those two pictures of the raptors from JPIII and JW is not a good look for Jurassic World. Goodness are JW's raptors hideous.

Who did the dinosaur designs in JW? I've said it before, but it's a pretty sharp step down from all three previous movies in terms of character design. Those Dimorphodons, man, holy shit.

Toa TAK

Banned
The raptor running in slo mo made me laugh
Yeah, when I first saw that a blend of thoughts came to mind immediately:
1. Wait--really?
I thought she was dead.
2. That looks goofy
3. FUCK YEAH GO BLUE.
Who did the dinosaur designs in JW? I've said it before, but it's a pretty sharp step down from all three previous movies in terms of character design. Those Dimorphodons, man, holy shit.

Dimorphodons were pretty hideous in a weird comedic-sorta way. I think waaay earlier when they first debuted on GAF someone said they put a T-Rex head on a pterasaur body. Sounds about right, which is silly considering the concept art had it much more "accurate":

Yeah, when I first saw that a blend of thoughts came to mind immediately:
1. Wait--really?
I thought she was dead.
2. That looks goofy
3. FUCK YEAH GO BLUE.

Dimorphodons were pretty hideous in a weird comedic-sorta way. I think waaay earlier when they first debuted on GAF someone said they put a T-Rex head on a pterasaur body. Sounds about right, which is silly considering the concept art had it much more "accurate":

I love that. Is there more concept art out there?

I saw Inside Out. Friends dragged me into seeing Dumber and Dumber 2: Mercedes Benz Electric Boga-loo, so I didn't have to pay for it. This is an Asylum movie with a budget.
Oh no... already with the overkill rhetoric... :-(
The Bad:

This takes the worst of JP2 and 3 and blends into together into a movie. It's really astonishing.
Woah there! We really shouldn't take you seriously after such a comment. You either don't really remember JP2 and 3 or you were in a bad mood after having to see a movie inferior to Inside Out or something, but the worst of JP2 and 3 is faaaar worse than anything in this movie. Watch them again and you'll see...
I was cringing throughout most of the dialog. My god, there just so much shit. I can't even list the amount of times I rolled my eyes from the idiotic human characters, to the complete lack of chemistry the cast had, to... fat military man's acting.
I agree to a certain extent on this, in particular with Claire and Owen. That was the low point of the movie. The kids did well, though, and I prefer them to Lex and Tim and certainly over Kelly (not the actress' fault, though).
The kid suddenly crying about his parents divorce out of nowhere. It would have been touching if it wasn't for the fact that this plot point had 0 impact at the end. Fucking JP3's divorce plot actually had a point.
Nah, the beginning of the movie shows us the tense relationship between the mom and dad, and the conversation between the mom and Claire gives us more hints that there's something deeper going on than her simply wanting her sister to relate to her kids. The reveal on the monorail shows us what was brewing, and the little kid's acting in that scene is excellent. And this plot point is really what starts the older brother's change in how he's relating to him. The impact to the story is that it affects their relationship and character arc. Having plot points that affect characters and their relationships, causing them to change, is impactful to the overall story. I think you'd agree on that and that you weren't looking for the divorce plot point to be what saves them from the dinosaurs or something. :)[/quote]

The CGI was terrible. Not a single scene of the Raptors looked convincing. The animation of the Mosasaur jumping out of the water in the final scene is SyFy channel level of bad. For me, the most important thing about CGI is blending in with the rest of the live action shots. Barely any of the shots blended in. The first closeup of the Indominus eye in the tree is down right low budget crap. Looks as bad in the movie as it does in the trailer. Even the nighttime shots weren't great, you can hide stuff well at night! JP3 had better effects, hands down.

MGqjI2F.jpg

pRazBdw.jpg

Oh and before people use the animatronic excuse, two of the Raptors in that JP3 shot are CGI. Skip to 4:56 in that link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1yOeTAZPVw
I disagree wholeheartedly. I think you're reacting more to the Raptor color scheme than anything else, but this is something I won't be able to convince you of. I was more convinced by the CGI dinosaurs in this movie, more often, than I was by those in JP1, 2, or 3. This is not to say that the CGI effects in any of them were consistently bad and devoid of convincing shots. Rather that this one more consistently achieved believabilty for me.
The animatronic Apatosaurus looks awful. They were made by Legacy Effects, not Stan Winston. Nowhere does it recapture the magic of the original Triceratops scene. Same could be said for most of the rehash JP1 scenes in this movie.
Man, I'm really starting to think the combination of nostalgia goggles and the drop off in quality from Inside Out are clouding your perception here! The animatronic apatosaurus was excellent and shows much more advanced movement than the Tric ever did! Maybe you didn't like the color scheme?

The idea of the movie is now we have dinosaurs running lose with a fully functional park, right?
Of course you never really get to see that. You got a remake of the Pterandon scene from JP3. I mean, you would think they'd do something about that, but no. I mean, HOLY FUCK! That's what most people thought they paid money to see.
Sounds like you were disappointed with what the trailers conveyed to you versus what the movie was about. It's surprising that you were so tied to that idea that it made this entire movie dog-shit by comparison, though. I thought that what the movie was actually about - the I-Rex and our society's incessant desire for MORE and NEW - was engaging.

Parts of it feels like a remake of the 1998 Godzilla. Is the Indominus immune to bullets too? Cause I could have sworn by the end, they had lethal weapons when Call of Duty showed up. Christ Pratt's gun shot bullets AFAIK.
It was certainly weakened toward the end, which is why
the T-Rex and Raptor even had a shot against it.
And really, you're watching this awesome battle play out and you're thinking, "Oh my gosh, he totally should be exhibiting these specific signs of having been impacted by the bullets. WTF??" Additionally, it was designed with extra-tough bony osteoderms, making it more resistant, though not completely of course. This is partly because it was designed
not just for the park, but also to fulfill a military use by Ingen.

Claire's character is incredibly sexist. Again, her and Chris Pratt just share one awkward scene after the next.
How is she sexist? She's the one who
saves Owen from the dactyls and saves the day at the end by bringing out the Rex. She's a hero, not a shrinking violet.

The final battle was once again inferior to JP3, and I think JP3 stinks. What was the point of having the T.rex there? The T.rex gets out, gets its ass kicked, and is saved by the Velociraptor, then the Mosasaur takes it down. The entire scene was so surreal and stupid. The Raptor comes running in in slow motion. Then the T.rex and Raptor looks at each other like a bunch of cartoon characters and walk off.
The T-Rex is there because they (Claire, Owen, etc.) needed something else to take down the I-Rex and because the T-Rex is AWESOME!! Hero raptor is AWESOME!! Them fighting the I-Rex is AWESOME!! The Rex and the Raptor leave afterwards because they, big surprise, are tired as hell!
The final battle is awesome and by and large it's what is selling the movie to so many people for repeat views and record-breaking box office results.

What the fuck is Ingen even doing in this movie? Why does it have so much control over the park? They when Chapter 11 in TLW. Where is that consistency? Oh wait, yeah, Colin Trevorrow probably never seen the original movie.
Companies never come back from bankruptcy? Really? Go read up on that. And they have control basically over the animals they produce. Makes total sense if you're not looking to take a hate-dump on things.

Jurassic World is this

Y2NXno7.jpg

Plus the park being open. Minus the human DNA in the raptors.
?? Jurassic World is "this" minus the thing that makes "this" "this"?

Toa TAK

Banned
Perfect, thanks. It seems like JP concept art is hard to find in general. Wish they would release a concept art book like the excellent Pirates of the Caribbean books.

With Universal asking everyone to remove concept art from the internet, I'm assuming that's their plan. I was hoping for an artbook on this film, myself.

This movie was fun and all, but there's no way I could call it a "good" film. It's riddled with plotholes and nonsensical character decisions.

The two boys laughing and all happy-go-lucky literally 30 seconds after they jumped off a waterfall from a gigantic, monstrous, man-eating monstrosity?

The IT Geek dude deciding "someone has to stay behind" for no apparent reason at all. Why did someone have to stay behind? So that he would randomly be there to open the T-Rex gate?

The "parents divorce" subplot that went absolutely no where and really added nothing to the film.

Why would the parents be sent TO the island at the end of the film? Why wouldn't the kids be sent off the island? Really confusing.

Hamfisted and unnecessary romance between Pratt and Howard. Cheesy lines galore.

The heels. Gah.

The T-Rex/raptor bromance at the end.

The way the I-Rex died. How ridiculously random that the giant water dinosaur happened to leap out of the water at the exact right moment to kill the I-Rex. Just strange.

The owner of Jurassic World randomly demanding that he pilots the helicopter that's supposed to chase & gun down the most lethal creature known to man when he literally just got his copter license like 5 minutes ago.

Weaponizing raptors because drones can't go into caves? What??

I could go on and on and on. Funnily enough, I actually still got enjoyment out of the film for what it was. It wasn't very good though.

Joni

Ingen isn't bankrupt in the original movie. But aside from that, Masrani bought Ingen. How else would he have access to their island?

I dont know, maybe it was the Nostalgia factor sinking in throughout the movie but I loved every moment of it. I am 31 now, but when Jurassic Park came out I had my mom take me a good 5-7 times to see in in Theaters.
The Dinos were amazing. The animation/movement really caught my eye. Must have been a difficult task to animate all those raptors and show their different personalities. I'd say there was a little extra cheese sprinkled throughout the movie and dialogue but I didnt mind it too much.

I'd say the only things that kinda took me out of it all for brief moments
was the asian dude from the first one arguing on going off on a long speech. D'onofrio is one of my favorite actors but I kinda felt he played his role too one note, evil corporate bad dude.

The two boys laughing and all happy-go-lucky literally 30 seconds after they jumped off a waterfall from a gigantic, monstrous, man-eating monstrosity?
Adrenaline and the happiness of being alive.

The IT Geek dude deciding "someone has to stay behind" for no apparent reason at all. Why did someone have to stay behind? So that he would randomly be there to open the T-Rex gate?
Because he knows
Claire and the boys have not come back yet.

The "parents divorce" subplot that went absolutely no where and really added nothing to the film.
It was the catalyst for Zach to
change in his attitude and perception of his younger brother.
Character development.

Why would the parents be sent TO the island at the end of the film? Why wouldn't the kids be sent off the island? Really confusing.
They are a financially well-off family that could afford to
fly out there and meet them where everyone was recovering.

Hamfisted and unnecessary romance between Pratt and Howard. Cheesy lines galore.
Legitimate criticism. :)

The heels. Gah.
Overblown reaction to something that Bryce Dallas Howard herself insisted on repeatedly.

The T-Rex/raptor bromance at the end.
More like tired animals going in their own direction to lick their wounds.

The way the I-Rex died. How ridiculously random that the giant water dinosaur happened to leap out of the water at the exact right moment to kill the I-Rex. Just strange.
The mosasaur was trolling for bait ever since things started going crazy it got a human / dactyl meal all in one. The fence is obliterated, getting the attention of the mosasaur. Also, awesome ending is awesome.

The owner of Jurassic World randomly demanding that he pilots the helicopter that's supposed to chase & gun down the most lethal creature known to man when he literally just got his copter license like 5 minutes ago.
Hubris. It's a theme of the franchise.

Weaponizing raptors because drones can't go into caves? What??
Research into
weaponizing animals
is not new or outlandish. Rats, bats, cats, camels, mules, horses, donkeys, dogs, monkeys, and whales have been the subject of this kind of research.
I could go on and on and on.
Go on! :)

Of course, I recognize you still enjoyed the film for what it is. :)

Jag

I liked it, but I can go on.

Not being able to check the I-Rex GPS from the actual facility that houses it (She said she had to go check it from the control room)
But yet they had 4-way split screen raptor video for their pads.

Going into the I-Rex den without first determining its location

Not having any redundancy for the I-Rex GPS and putting it a place that could be scratched or chewed out.
(Did nobody have a dog?)

Pratt going into the I-Rex den without knowing where it is
He was supposed to be the smart one?

No secondary back up security plan for the I-Rex given the history of the island.
Ok, I really had an issue with that entire scene. :)

No chain of command for the facility once the owner died, who was rarely on site.

Going through all that effort to rescue the kids, but then bringing them back out into the field.

One helicopter on the entire, volcanic type island, yet they had a spare gatling machine gun to mount on it.

No automatic return to base override for the bubble thing.

and the one thing the movie actually did get right.

Put it offshore of Costa Rica so the massive lawsuits and worker violations for gross negligence and willful, nay criminal misconduct take place outside the US.

Edit: On reflection, the movie was possibly trying to show how corporate greed results in death and destruction. Which is fairly ironic given the almost obnoxious level of corporate sponsorship that occurs throughout the entire movie.

Superflat

I liked it, but I can go on.

Not being able to check the I-Rex GPS from the actual facility that houses it (She said she had to go check it from the control room)
But yet they had 4-way split screen raptor video for their pads.

Going into the I-Rex den without first determining its location

Not having any redundancy for the I-Rex GPS and putting it a place that could be scratched or chewed out.
(Did nobody have a dog?)

Pratt going into the I-Rex den without knowing where it is
He was supposed to be the smart one?

No secondary back up security plan for the I-Rex given the history of the island.
Ok, I really had an issue with that entire scene. :)

No chain of command for the facility once the owner died, who was rarely on site.

Going through all that effort to rescue the kids, but then bringing them back out into the field.

One helicopter on the entire, volcanic type island, yet they had a spare gatling machine gun to mount on it.

No automatic return to base override for the bubble thing.

and the one thing the movie actually did get right.

Put it offshore of Costa Rica so the massive lawsuits and worker violations for gross negligence and willful, nay criminal misconduct take place outside the US.

Edit: On reflection, the movie was possibly trying to show how corporate greed results in death and destruction. Which is fairly ironic given the almost obnoxious level of corporate sponsorship that occurs throughout the entire movie.

The facility that houses the I-Rex is clearly still under construction and incomplete. the observatory is extremely plain and rudimentary, with incomplete features. It doesnt' even look like it was planned as a permanent enclosure, but simply a crib to grow it to full size.

A lot of it has been discussed, but many of these are caused by human error. Not everyone is going to make the most logical decision and even less so in panicked situations. Claire calls them to check the I-Rex's location on her way to the control room, which is sensible. Owen and the workers walked into the enclosure on their own, which is not protocol.

As for "why would they do that, it's so stupid!" : No one but Dr. Wu knew about what it's capable of and how intelligent it is. If they did, Owen certainly would not have walked out there on his own. A dinosaur with no heat signature and no visibility in the enclosure would easily leave people to believe it escaped somehow.

As for no redundancies, it's a fairly common real world mistake to make. It's a dumb mistake for such an expensive project, but again reading the news where huge corporations make stupid ass mistakes fairly often, it's nothing JW would be unique in.

The film doesn't really show any specific chain of command other than Masrani>Claire>???, but some form of it obviously did exist or the control room would just be chaos. You don't gather all the park visitors/personnel, schedule rescue boats, and get security to escort everyone into a safe facility without one. It's simply not treated as an important detail in the film.

The kids staying with Owen and Claire is pretty illogical but it's also not hard to believe that they want to stick with these two rather than random panicked people. The lone helicopter/no pilots/one machine gun scenario for the part is ridiculously dire, but it goes to show how unprepared they were for this creature. ACU are not trained to kill park assets. Still I agree that the points in this paragraph are difficult to justify; they exist to keep the characters involved and create action.

As far as the gyrosphere ride, technology has its limitations. Even Lowery in the control room overlooked the fact that they were missing one, and various technical failures could have been attributed to that. Maybe they were out of radius once they went through the fence. It's supposed to be a new ride, so it aint perfect.

Not to say all of these can be hand-waved away, but I don't think most of these explanations are huge stretches... to me anyway lol.

That was great but I honestly liked the presence of Giacchino's new theme more as it gave it its own identity. It was good that the old themes appeared, but I'm glad he didn't rely on them. When they played it was sensible, but I liked the new theme a LOT.

Verger

Banned
That was great but I honestly liked the presence of Giacchino's new theme more as it gave it its own identity. It was good that the old themes appeared, but I'm glad he didn't rely on them. When they played it was sensible, but I liked the new theme a LOT.
Yes! His new theme fits so well. It is sweeping and majestic befitting the true realization of John Hammond's dream in this park. I especially loved how they showed the Hammond statue front and center in the main building. There was no doubt that even if Masrani was now in charge it was still Hammond's dream.

But I thought the traditional verse was used very well in that segment when they open the shades and we get a full aerial view of the grandeur of the Park. Everyone in my theater was getting misty eyed for sure.

I actually think this song is one of Giacchino's best. It's like one of his old LOST songs in that it hits you right in the feels at the right time with what is on screen. One of the most "magical" on screen moments of film.

Can't speak enough of what a great job he did.

Verger

Banned
Yeah. It was tremendous. Pratt and Howard were great in that scene too.
That was also pretty much the turning point for Claire's character for those that didn't notice :p

But yeah, the music was used especially well. The only thing I can think of that I'd have done differently was to have the "Jurassic Park" theme play at the climax of the final fight, the same way as it did in the original film. I was sort of waiting for it.

But the fight music was still Epic as hell.

And of course the finale was just so perfect. The whole scene and then the music accompanying it was just perfect. What a real homage to the series.

bengraven

I realized today that all the dinosaurs are female or post-op males.

Maybe Critchton was a secret progressive!

Ha, that was me. Because I thought this scene looked like IRex was yelling at her kids to get the fuck up and go outside because it's nice out and they're like BUT MOMMMMM.

Achamian

Saw this and minions last week and jp is by far the better movie. Great fun and exciting if ridiculous story. Perfect summer blockbuster.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Very dissapointed from this movie.
The first half was a great nostalgia bomb, but the second half became insanely stupid, the final showdown was the stupidest thing ive seen. World can be happy that JP3 is even worse.

71% is way to much and the big success is really not deserved.

Bollocks

Finally saw it and the movie is the most ridiculous thing ever.
I mean it's fiction but come on the story line couldn't be any more lazy.

I'm sure the producers went like this:
Lets build another park but this time we need a more deadly dinosaur.
Ok, lets mix the 2 most dangerous dinosaurs together to create a new uber dinosaur, not only that but also give him extra predator abilities so they are super fucked once it escapes.
Once escaped, task the wort person to fly the helicopter with machine gun on it.
Since he can't fly for shit, let him crash into the bird house, setting them free, creating even more havoc in the park.

I mean I still loved the movie because I felt like a little kid, but come on.

Kathian

Banned
For me not enough really happened in this. It was a bit by numbers but interested in sequels if it means potentially new dinosaurs.

It made fun if itself in a smart way which I really liked.

Pachimari

I'm about to watch Jurassic World in 1 hour. I only watched the first one when I were a kid, and I have never seen The Lost World or Jurassic Park 3.

Dunno what to expect. Guess I'll just go in and watch it casually. But I don't like the talk about Chris Pratt being able communicate with the new dinosaurs. Really not up my alley.

BumRush

I'm about to watch Jurassic World in 1 hour. I only watched the first one when I were a kid, and I have never seen The Lost World or Jurassic Park 3.

Dunno what to expect. Guess I'll just go in and watch it casually. But I don't like the talk about Chris Pratt being able communicate with the new dinosaurs. Really not up my alley.

Just go in expecting a fun action movie with dinosaurs. Personally I loved the film. It's not JP1 but it is excellent.

Toa TAK

Banned
Finally saw it and the movie is the most ridiculous thing ever.
I mean it's fiction but come on the story line couldn't be any more lazy.

I'm sure the producers went like this:
Lets build another park but this time we need a more deadly dinosaur.
Ok, lets mix the 2 most dangerous dinosaurs together to create a new uber dinosaur, not only that but also give him extra predator abilities so they are super fucked once it escapes.
Once escaped, task the wort person to fly the helicopter with machine gun on it.
Since he can't fly for shit, let him crash into the bird house, setting them free, creating even more havoc in the park.

I mean I still loved the movie because I felt like a little kid, but come on.

Man, if you had an issue with this, don't see Age of Ultron or any other movie this summer.

inm8num2

Fun movie. I guess I'd describe it as "good enough" but I don't mean that as a negative. It's a wholesome, entertaining blockbuster. Dialogue and humor were hit or miss and Howard was kind of awful in her role, but the movie delivered on the spectacle. Giacchino's score was brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom