• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World Survivor leaked

http://mmoculture.com/2016/12/jurassic-world-survivor-new-game-under-perfect-world-leaked/

With Jurassic World being a hugely successful movie and a sequel arriving in 2018, it was revealed recently a game titled “Jurassic World Survivor” is being developed. The game website has also been registered by Perfect World Entertainment, which was found in several trademark filings seen below. The information did not specify clearly if Perfect World Entertainment is the game’ developer.

Sounds like an ARK clone.

Fat4all

Banned
*leaked gameplay*

jurassic-park-trespasser-raptor-bouncing-physics-1365119000C.gif

This game was a project being worked on by Cryptic for PWE and was canceled a while back. Survival MMO in the style of the dozens of those there are.

It no longer exists.

trexrun7csow.gif

nate-lange-raptor-000hhsig.jpg

So here's the deal :
  • Development started some time in 2014, with Cryptic Studios Seattle.
  • Shortly before the title was due to go on Steam Early Access in June 2015, Cryptic Studios Seattle was closed by publisher Perfect World.
  • The title was still unannounced, but the first rumors hit with the studios closure. It was reported to be a TPS survival MMO like experience, open world, set on Isla Nublar (home to JP and JW)
  • In November of 2015 artists publicly began sharing work from the game, assuming the project was dead and their contracts void. It got press coverage, shit hit the fan, the art and videos got taken down.
  • After that there were suspicions of its survival, but it wasn't 'confirmed' (as a rumor) until June 2016. It appears the title was moved to another Perfect World studio shortly after Jurassic Worlds wild theatrical box office performance.
  • From my understanding, the game initially took place before/during the movie. Now post delay you play as a random survivor left behind on the island post evac.

Anyhow, for those not following this title, that kinda fills you in. Oh, it's also running on Unreal Engine 4 was meant to be an 'AAA' experience for PC, Xbox One, and PS4.

Here's the old thread with some pics and gifs.

And shameless self plug, but if you want more details, here's my heavy lifting research: http://jurassicoutpost.com/universal-pictures-trademarks-new-video-game-jurassic-world-survivor/

Jawmuncher

Im sure Jawmuncher already spread this around lol

Yo where's my dino meme boy Jawmuncher at?

Paging Jawmuncher.

I'm here. Demoncarnotaur summed it up nicely.
I don't mind it being survival, but I hope it's trying for something new in that space, rather than copying evolved. I'd like to see something more like Dead Rising 72 Hour mode or State of Decay over something like Ark.

I'll play it regardless. But the style of game will determine how long I stick with it. Does seem like we're poised to get some sort of Jurassic World dump soon.
It does seem like at this point, it'll have to be capcom who saves us with a new Dino Crosis for a Single Player based experience.

trexrun7csow.gif

So here's the deal :
  • Shortly before the title was due to go on Steam Early Access in June 2015, Cryptic Studios Seattle was closed by publisher Perfect World.
  • The title was still unannounced, but the first rumors hit with the studios closure. It was reported to be a TPS survival MMO like experience, open world, set on Isla Nublar (home to JP and JW)
  • In November of 2015 artists publicly began sharing work from the game, assuming the project was dead and their contracts void. It got press coverage, shit hit the fan, the art and videos got taken down.
  • After that there were suspicions of its survival, but it wasn't 'confirmed' (as a rumor) until June 2016. It appears the title was moved to another Perfect World studio shortly after Jurassic Worlds wild theatrical box office performance.
  • From my understanding, the game initially took place before/during the movie. Now post delay you play as a random survivor left behind on the island post evac.

Anyhow, for those not following this title, that kinda fills you in. Oh, it's also running on Unreal Engine 4 was meant to be an 'AAA' experience for PC, Xbox One, and PS4.

And shameless self plug, but if you want more details, here's my heavy lifting research: http://jurassicoutpost.com/universal-pictures-trademarks-new-video-game-jurassic-world-survivor/

Yeah, this is day one for me. Please be good.

trexrun7csow.gif

So here's the deal :

Interesting. So it's been out in the wild for that long, huh.

It's just that the Perfect World that makes me a bit sceptical about all this. I hope it'll be good.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Can't wait to stare at Bryce Dallas Howards tits
more like Chris Pratt's pecs
to look at a Health tattoo again...

Icolin

Banned
I think that this'll release in 2018, coinciding with the release of Jurassic World 2; that gives it enough development time since it's seemingly been moved to another studio (so about 2 years).

Anyways, for the love of god, please be good.

Should have been something like alien isolation. I think Jurassic park would have made an amazing game like that. Imagine playing hide and seek with raptors or being chased by the T-rex.

Dream game would be a jungle based survival horror with amazing weather effects with rain and wind.

In reality it is a crafting survival game where to box a fucking tree to obtain wood

I'm here. Demoncarnotaur summed it up nicely.
I don't mind it being survival, but I hope it's trying for something new in that space, rather than copying evolved. I'd like to see something more like Dead Rising 72 Hour mode or State of Decay over something like Ark.

I love this idea and I'm mad at you for putting it out there because I know that a dinosaur version of that game will never exist.

From my understanding, the game initially took place before/during the movie. Now post delay you play as a random survivor left behind on the island post evac.

Guess that means we won't have to deal with
the Indomidus Rex, since it's dead at that point.

Top Bottom