• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World Survivor leaked

Gamezone

Gold Member
I don`t know why, but most survival MMO`s ends up being terrible, especially when they start out as early access games. Who knows how long they`ll stay that way too. Is DayZ still early access?

Jawmuncher

The mmo aspect would be a bit odd. Just because if they're going for "left behind survivor". An entire colony of forgotten people would be rather odd.

Like the way JW is set up. I don't think the whole "collect resources, and build a fort" would really work all that well here. I mean you it's probably still what it's gonna be, but it's just an odd idea if it's that basic.

The mmo aspect would be a bit odd. Just because if they're going for "left behind survivor". An entire colony of forgotten people would be rather odd.

Like the way JW is set up. I don't think the whole "collect resources, and build a fort" would really work all that well here. I mean you it's probably still what it's gonna be, but it's just an odd idea if it's that basic.

This. It could be a fun game, but there's no way in hell the story can actually be something in the universe.

I think the idea is they are investing into the canon of the island, locales, facilities, and discovererables.. the story is just gameplay, but the stuff that populates the world will be a look inside of the universe. I just wonder if they will put a Volcano on Nublar....

Also, if they really want to keep it 'canon', there shouldn't be wild Raptors (other than Blue) or Dilophosaurs. Of course, that would kinda suck, so they might as well take some creative liberty.

Menome

*leaked gameplay*

jurassic-park-trespasser-raptor-bouncing-physics-1365119000C.gif

Not-so-clever girl.

bman94

Don't know what to think about this. All I want is a Jurassic Park Survival Horror Game. That would be amazing with today's graphical capabilities.

It's also worth noting that Universal bought two new domains a few weeks ago.. AllCreaturesHaveRights.com and IslaNublarRescueMission.com.

While the former is 100% for Jurassic World 2 viral marketing, the second may actually be tied to Jurassic World Survivor.

So, I was doing some digging and I found out that nearly half the domains Perfect World currently has registered are Jurassic World Survivor related. So this game must be HUGE for them, and more of a typical AAA game, even if it is a F2P model.

'Survive the Island' is likely the games tagline, and of course helps reinforce prior leaks.

But what I find most interesting is the 'We Make Your Future' domains... that's InGen's motto. So, whatever this game is, I expect it to have a InGen lore centric storyline.. and if they make a viral InGen website then I really do expect this title to be big for them and Universal.

ObkLVZl.jpg

(Seen in The Lost World)

Ffs please dont tell me its a survival game with hunger and sleep and shit. I just want my far cry clone set on isla nubar

Brofield

More dinosaur games is a good thing

And I guess I really should eventually buy and play ARK if I want to support those kind of endeavours

I know for GAFs interests, something more akin to far cry would definitely bring far more hype.

Yeah, well really, to any gamers interests.

I have a little hope that the delay brought this game to something people will like more though. I have no doubt it's still F2P, but structurally it may have more going on than the typical survival game.

I hope that this game makes it to release and is successful. I want more Jurassic Park games, particularly an Operation Genesis 2.

I worry Universal may be stupid and see something as OG2 as cannibalizing the Jurassic World App game, therefore not allowing it.

If I can't physically go to locations from Jurassic Park 1 in addition to World locals than I don't care.
Visitor Center,
T-Rex enclosure, with the crashed Explorer
Raptor pen
Maintenance shed.
Other JP attractions not in the movie.

If I can't physically go to locations from Jurassic Park 1 in addition to World locals than I don't care.
Visitor Center,
T-Rex enclosure, with the crashed Explorer
Raptor pen
Maintenance shed.
Other JP attractions not in the movie.

Unless something major changed, you can.

In fact, I believe this how most of the story is being told. Not via cutscenes or interaction, but via the world and what you discover in it.

Sorry for the bump, but some small updates:

JurassicWorldSurvivor.com has been transferred from Perfect World Entertainment to NBC Universal servers - odds are they're getting ready to run it.

Further, Perfect World Entertainment has a booth at e3. With any luck this game may finally be announced. I can't believe it's been since mid 2015 since we first heard of it.

Top Bottom