• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JURASSIC WORLD to invent fictional 'DARTH DIABOLUS REX' as new threat

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
diabeetus_f26d77_2341p2rkl.jpg

Man, Monsters said NOTHING. Part of that has to do with the fact there was never a script, sure, but hundreds of hours of ad-libs and nothing worth much got carved out of it. Godzilla is a better movie than Monsters by far, but even then, it only highlights what Edwards' deficiencies as a director are, and they become all the more obvious when you look at Monsters in that light.

I dunno, I thought it was an interesting perspective on immigration into the United States, and seeing it from an outsiders perspective. And I don't think Godzilla is better in any way, except cinematography and (by necessity) a rousing climax.

Also, I think Monsters managed to have a unique style and tone to it (although still in the mumblecore threshold), and give perspective to a landscape and culture that isn't often utilized in American film--especially monster movies. Whereas Safety offered nothing that I haven't seen before: a simple, by the numbers, romantic-comedy with the often aped 'indie' aesthetic, full of quirky characters and feel good spontaneity that permeates many of the films of that ilk. And aesthetically I found nothing of substance either, it was a very bland looking film.

Jaeger

Ima be honest. I had no real interest in this project pre trailer until now. I actually do not want another retread of a film setup they've done 3 times now.

And I've seen enough of their "normal dinos" too. I'm cautious but man, the idea of crossbread creature with the the smarts of the raptors, size of a t-rex, and the ability to camouflage itself too? I wanna see this on the big screen. Sorry it's Jurassic Park but since when has it been such a sacred franchise anyway. Especially post 3. Lol

The worst thing about this is that if the movie really wanted to have "new" dinosaurs, why couldn't they pick from the 1000+ known dinosaurs and simply give those traits (intelligence, camouflage, etc) to an otherwise realistic depiction? This is what Crichton did with the Carnotaurus.

Hmm, interestingly there is a Diabloceratops lol.

This sounds horrid.

I dream of a Jurassic Park reboot film that sticks closer to the book and goes for a hard R. I want to see Nedry's
intestines spilling out. I want to see Dr. Hammond taken down by a pack of procompsognathuses.

You want to create an artificial dinosaur with camouflage, because visitors will love an exhibit with an animal you can't see. Obviously.

Yeah, it'll never be visible. Who knows how chameleons or cuttlefish are captured/photographed all the time seeing that they're always invisible.

And of course people will be bored of regular dinosaurs. It's just like how zoos are working on the lionophant because nobody goes to zoos anymore since people got bored of regular animals.

SJRB

Gold Member
The logic behind creating a fictional dinosaur to bring tension to a movie about fucking dinosaurs is beyond me.

This whole thing is so bizarre.

Takao

Banned
This sounds horrid.

I dream of a Jurassic Park reboot film that sticks closer to the book and goes for a hard R. I want to see Nedry's
intestines spilling out. I want to see Dr. Hammond taken down by a pack of procompsognathuses.

Maybe not R, but when the recent rumblings about a new JP film started, I expected an updated adaptation of the first novel. Instead we have whatever this thing is.

Darksol

I wasn't expecting much from this movie, but holy shit did they find a way to make it dumber than my wildest dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom