• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JURASSIC WORLD to invent fictional 'DARTH DIABOLUS REX' as new threat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to Scified we now know the Diabolus Rex, aka D-Rex will be the films dangerous new threat.

So, what is the D-Rex? Thankfully JoBlo has the answer:

Business is good at the park, but the powers that be start to dream up new ways to keep customers coming back; namely by splicing Dino DNA with other dinos (and other species). That becomes the problem. They splice together a T-Rex, raptor, snake, and cuttlefish to create a monstrous new dino that, of course, gets loose and terrorizes the park.
(...)
The big bad dinosaur has instant camouflage abilities, like the cuttlefish, so he blends into the background, is smart like the velociraptor, uses his jaw like a snake, and can terrorize like the T-Rex.

---

So, that's why there aren't feathers.

strafer

ian_laugh16jkt5.gif

Daingurse

I'm okay with this, it actually sounds interesting. Wasn't there a line of JP toys in the 90s similar to this concept?

That... Isn't a Dinosaur anymore....

It could argued that they never were. As soon as they substituted the frog dna, they were no longer normal dinosaurs.

I hope they are "leaking" this shit purposefully to reduce hype for the real movie featuring real dinosaurs.

Who the hell thought that combination of animal DNA would be good???? Seriously!

Zeliard

Wasn't bad enough that far more standard dinosaurs ran absolutely amok, wrecking murderous havoc. They go and create a genetically-enhanced super dino to drum up hype, because that can't possibly go wrong.

This could well end up being Kabouter's favorite movie of all-time.

Zebra

But part of the appeal of Jurassic Park is convincing yourself that predators like the ones in the movie actually existed here on earth at some point. Sure, they might not have actually looked/behaved like they did in the movie, but there was a certain degree of believability that the viewer could buy into.

Creating a completely fictional beast turns it into just another monster movie.

Hatchtag

Banned
Why the hell would they put the cuttlefish in? Why?
Who the hell's going to go to a park to see an invisible dinosaur?

I knew they missed the point to Jurassic Park entirely when they announced no feathers last year, but I didn't realize how far gone they really were. Jesus.

Dinosaurs vs. Kaiju

Trevorrow will answer every single last one of your Godzilla complaints in a nicely branded package, fronted by Star Lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom