• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JURASSIC WORLD to invent fictional 'DARTH DIABOLUS REX' as new threat

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Fex

I give you Ultimasaurus from the Jurassic Park toy line.

Customised_Ultimasaurus.jpg

Or the Omega T-Rex, a genetically enhanced purebread T-Rex.

Omega_t-rex_productshot.jpg

Remember when the JP Toyline had those weird island surviving outland folks like something out of mad max? Except they live on the island with the dinosaurs.

Cyan

Banned
Actually yeah, the more I think about this, the more sense it makes: give the Diabolus Rex guns for arms and a robot voice.

Hey I wonder how long the Stan Winston animatronics guys have been working on the DBag Rex?

LOL jks, we all know this whole thing will be CG

happypup

content_jurassic-park-spitter-blog-10.jpg

They already invented a dinosaur in the first movie - this move isn't without precedence.

Not invented, just changed near beyond recognition.

800px-Dilophosaurus_wetherilli_2.jpg

(note at the time there was no evidence Dilophosaurus had these downy feathers, now it is pretty well established they did)

Dude. This is going to be in every trailer and in all the marketing and shit. There's no way this is any kind of spoiler.

I'm a hopeless romantic that hopes for better movies and trailers that won't spoil the whole thing? :'(

but I was kind of trying to avoid info about it. If it's going to suck balls, I would like to find out when I watch it, not everyone else. Not that I mind being warned, but still.

So wait, they're making Jurassic Park Chaos Effect movie. I know it sounds dumb but I loved those toys when I was a kid. I am cautiously optimistic.

Not invented, just changed near beyond recognition.

800px-Dilophosaurus_wetherilli_2.jpg

(note at the time there was no evidence Dilophosaurus had these downy feathers, now it is pretty well established they did)

I like this restoration. I want to see Dinosaurs rendered like that on the big screen...

I want my delicious CGI feathers!!!
:,(

G-Fex

I wish I had those jurassic park comics.

They were about some colombian druglord taking the dinosaurs captive and even using t hem as pets. And Grant, Ellie, Malcom and somehow Muldoon survived to return for the adventure.

bengraven

Fuck this shit.

Give me normal dinosaurs and make them a threat. Fuck Spielberg and his "T-rex needs to be the hero" nonsense from the last films.

Ominym

Banned
I wish I had those jurassic park comics.

They were about some colombian druglord taking the dinosaurs captive and even using t hem as pets. And Grant, Ellie, Malcom and somehow Muldoon survived to return for the adventure.

I do have them. And they are fucking weird. This is the one cover I remember.

raptor02.jpg

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
"Hey guys, you know what the kids really want to see at our theme park? A giant badass dinosaur with the ability of near invisibility so that no one can see it. That makes sense."

i blame the no feathers monster movie crowd for this

Same. Damn, why can't we just have both?

"Dream up new ways to keep customers coming back"?

Since when are DINOSAURS not enough to entertain people?

EDIT: And why is it that this creature gets the BEST abilities from each dinosaur? Why can't he get t-rex's arms, the raptor's size, a snake's vestigial back legs, and a tentacle from the cuttlefish? No, he get's the perfect blend of DNA. Bull.

Yeah, I honestly think people would flock back to see Dinosaurs. They don't need monsters.

There was nothing in the second book to indicate that the Carnotaurus had been meddled with at all, it was presented as an innate ability of theirs.

Now, see.. I always found that cheesy and unbelievable, so I prefer the cuttlefish DNA bit. Not sure why the Dinosaur couldn't be real though, and had to be invented.

Wasn't the camo dinosaur already in The Lost World book? I always wanted to see that thing on screen.

yes it was. They are the reason the T-rex stomps through the compound territory fast during the daytime, although they only return during nighttime.

They were sort of the main 'pull' of the novel, and I thought they were shit. (Levine and Diego encouter them at the start, killing Diego, but keeping Levine alive because he had a backpack.)

It was Carnotaurus, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom