• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just bought a switch oled! Holy Shit I am impressed

People also told me that switch games look like shit on the tv through the dock. I can say that is 100% untrue. I have a high end 4k quantum dot television.
I have the LG C9 OLED and switch games do indeed look like shit. I recently acquired a Sony A95K QD-OLED and the difference is astounding. Switch games actually look fantastic on it. Sony’s superior processing I guess.

Trilobit

I have the LG C9 OLED and switch games do indeed look like shit. I recently acquired a Sony A95K QD-OLED and the difference is astounding. Switch games actually look fantastic on it. Sony’s superior processing I guess.

I played Switch on my friend's C8(I think it's at least 2 years older than C1) and the games looked gorgeous, especially Mario Odyssey. But for some reason on my newer C1 I never got the games to look good, so I'll just hook it up to my Full-HD monitor instead. I don't think my friend did any special settings either so I'm quite confused why it looked so much better on his LG.

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

My advice for a new Switch owner who wants to buy digital games: Black Friday is almost here. There will be 20% off eShop gift cards. Costco does them as well as a few other places. Load up on those then get the Nintendo Game vouchers in the eShop, those are 2 for $100 credit (that you spent $80 for). Now that's $40 you spent per game.

Saved me a lot of money catching up on Switch my collection.

What game are you talking about? Switch OLED panel is 720p 60hz.
Most games dip wayyyy below 60, and most games aren't running at 720. But it's nice it has the displays even if the hardware doesn't usually get there lol

memphistora

Neo Member
after reading about switch 2 is not cominng anytime soon, i bought the mario oled switch too after trying out the silver oled at a local mart. form factor is good with 4-5 hours?
after that i cfw my vita. i think i will just skipped ps5 generation having ps4 with backlog.

Top Bottom