• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 2 |OT| of No Thread Name Can Do This Game Justice

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I just put in an hour and damn this game is fun! I decided to try KB&M controls as I used the 360 gamepad on the demo and they actually work really well. I'm also happy to see that there is some structure to the campaign missions so far. The demo had me worried that the game would just be a huge playground with little to no direction.

Kholdstare

First thing I did when I was given complete freedom was steal a helicopter and fly to a random island to see what I could do there.

A lightning storm started up as I got closer to this island which already had me pretty freaked out (Agoraphobia). So I'm already a bit uneasy with the situation and just as I get to the island a shockwave shoots out from the middle of the island and all of a sudden my helicopter crashes into the side of a mountain and I'm dead.

That freaked me the fuck out and I don't plan on going back to that island for a while. It felt like Lost. :lol

Mrbob

Man this game is so fun. I just took control of the Mile High Club. I saw what looked like a blimp in a distant, took a chopper that way and then parachute onto it. Its a party yacht that is floating in the sky. There is a sweet plane on the yacht too. Now I can extract there and get the plane any time!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Holy shit, it's definitely exceeded my expectations so far.
It's so much fun and the amount of crazy stuff you can do is just ridiculous, especially once you get the hang of the hook.
So good.

grumble

Kholdstare101 said:
First thing I did when I was given complete freedom was steal a helicopter and fly to a random island to see what I could do there.

A lightning storm started up as I got closer to this island which already had me pretty freaked out (Agoraphobia). So I'm already a bit uneasy with the situation and just as I get to the island a shockwave shoots out from the middle of the island and all of a sudden my helicopter crashes into the side of a mountain and I'm dead.

That freaked me the fuck out and I don't plan on going back to that island for a while. It felt like Lost. :lol

Just Cause 2: Conquer Your Agoraphobia Edition

Five hours straight. 3% completed. And that's only because I accidentally stumbled into the first Reapahs mission.

This game is nothing but fun. I don't care if I never finish the main story.

Denzar

Any Eurotrash been able to pick this game up yet?

I'm dying to play it, and I expected it to be released today but haven't heard from my retailer yet.

I know the official date is the 26th, but games are rareley released on the street date here.

I know Square Enix made sure FF XIII was released on the street date, while retailers had the game in stock for a while. Maybe SE is doing the same for JC2 (I hope not!).

FlyinJ said:
So, the PS3 replay feature...

Can you set up external cameras... like stationary cameras in the world, panning cameras, etc? Or is it just a 1:1 replay of the past 5 minutes?

You're having a really hard time deciding which version to get huh?

Woo, order is on its way, probably get it tomorrow. I bet I have to wait till after work Friday due to it being Steamworks though :(

painey

very repetitive, but excellent in short doses. graphically beautiful, but some of the worst voice acting this generation. better than the first.

Roelatie

Deepack said:
Any Eurotrash been able to pick this game up yet?

I'm dying to play it, and I expected it to be released today but haven't heard from my retailer yet.

I know the official date is the 26th, but games are rareley released on the street date here.

I know Square Enix made sure FF XIII was released on the street date, while retailers had the game in stock for a while. Maybe SE is doing the same for JC2 (I hope not!).
NOPE! my gameshop still doesnt have it. KAK!

Weenerz

Banned
slasher_thrasher21 said:
My only beef so far in this excellent game is being in a small town and wanting to destroy all the military stuff but not being able to find it. Is there any way at all to find this stuff easier. If not its going to kill me with my ADD of trying to do everything.:lol

Weapon/vehicle upgrades also add to a town becoming complete, so don't overlook those for things that can be destroyed.

TheKurgan

My addiciton to getting 100% complete on locations is killing me. Finished the satelite mission in about 15 minutes and then spent the next hour trying to get the space center location to 100%. Still need to find 5% somewhere - probably an upgrade trunk in one fo the rocket towers. Pain in the ass...

Still having a blast.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm addicted to grapple parashoot skiing around the world. Being able to go anywhere you want and do whatever you want is amazing(why I loved the first just cause). Can't wait to play some more tonight. Great game.

Looks like they are here to support this for the long haul so i expect some amazing dlc. They already have a spot reserved on the site for leaderboards.

Wiggum2007

TheKurgan said:
My addiciton to getting 100% complete on locations is killing me. Finished the satelite mission in about 15 minutes and then spent the next hour trying to get the space center location to 100%. Still need to find 5% somewhere - probably an upgrade trunk in one fo the rocket towers. Pain in the ass...

Still having a blast.

Generators are the devil, I'm always missing one or two.

Weenerz said:
Weapon/vehicle upgrades also add to a town becoming complete, so don't overlook those for things that can be destroyed.

o_O i wish i knew this last night, i was flying around a little military base for like 10 mins and couldn't find anything more to blow up.

Wiggum2007 said:
Generators are the devil, I'm always missing one or two.
Do generators show up on the indicator or is it just weapon / vehicle parts?

Friday's taking ages to get here, I've probably logged about 3 hours on JTV watching live streams.

Wiggum2007

The evil dictator has a fucking pet chameleon on his shoulder. Best fucking video game story ever!

Mechanical Snowman said:

Friday's taking ages to get here, I've probably logged about 3 hours on JTV watching live streams.

Nope, they're just like any other military property so the indicator doesn't point to them. Unlike the other military properties though, they are very inconspicuous and often found hiding in the shadows behind buildings and shit.

Artadius

Damn, I spent quite a few weapon upgrade parts to make the standard assault rifle up to four stars... and now the enemies rarely drop them to fill my ammo. Now the dudes with kevlar vests and helmets tend to drop the machine gun and I don't have access to that one yet in the black market.

Also, wtf at the SMG being so far down the black market unlock list. It's a starter weapon for crying out loud.

Did anyone upgrade the starter handgun or the revolver? I've seen a fair amount of enemies dropping revolver ammo but most still drop the handgun. Wondering if either are worth upgrading...

Wiggum2007

Artadius said:
Did anyone upgrade the starter handgun or the revolver? I've seen a fair amount of enemies dropping revolver ammo but most still drop the handgun. Wondering if either are worth upgrading...

I don't like the revolver's slow rate of fire, the pistol may be worth it though. I have the GameStop Rico's Signature Gun, and its basically a 6 star fully upgraded pistol and it is crazy powerful. However it can't use regular pistol ammo so you can only get it from the black market, so I'm going to start putting upgrade points into the pistol.

Artadius

Mechanical Snowman said:

Weapon/Vehicle Parts, Money Stashes, Armor Pieces, and Faction pickups (skulls, drug cases) show up on the radar. Finishing these tend to be easy because once you're down to a couple of pickups left, just pull glide around the entire area looking for radar hits.

Destructibles (panau gov't stuff you can blow up) do not. Easiest thing to miss are generators which are usually paired with the radar/comm towers and the transformers which are up on the paired utility poles near electric wires (I havn't seen too many of these...but when I have, I easily missed them because they're not on the ground like everything else). Transformers are like the thing you blew up first in the demo.

MThanded

the lack of people posting in here makes me a sad panda.

I tried a midair hijack yesterday. Went horribly wrong. Also got a black market plane drop on the side of a mountain... what a ridiculous takeoff. Clipped a tree but luckily avoided slamming into a mountain.

Sanic

MThanded said:

I tried a midair hijack yesterday. Went horribly wrong. Also got a black market plane drop on the side of a mountain... what a ridiculous takeoff. Clipped a tree but luckily avoided slamming into a mountain.

It's because everyone's too busy having fun with the game....right?

I'm just flying around picking up locations now. Kinda dissapointed you can't extract to ANY location, only certain ones.

And speaking of planes, it's sometimes impossible to get that Pell Silverbolt off the ground. If it touches anything it goes flying all over the place.

Wiggum2007

MThanded said:

If this game doesn't sell like hotcakes I will RAAAAGE. I feel like I remember reading awhile back that Avalanche Studios has a lot riding on this game and that if it's not successful they'll pry go out of business. And this game really does deserve to do great.

pr0cs

EvaPlusMinus said:
They sure made these bases hard as hell to get a 100% on.
QFT.
I can't find the last item in one of the camps and there are absolutely NO hints as to where it could be. I wasted 20 minutes looking around but for the life of me I can't find it.

You should be able to buy something from the black market to point out the nearest "item" to help you clear out that particular base.

I hope they implement something like this.

Other than that I'm loving the game. I didn't overplay the demo so I'm still getting the hang of grapple-chuting around and some missions even early in the game are really REALLY hard.

I get about 45 FPS on my i5-750 w/4gb and 4890, but I haven't done any tweaking at all.
Do we have a general list of features to enable/disable or launch via cmd line that gives the best bang for the buck without reducing fidelity?
I have everything high except for water and shadows, low SSAO and turned vsync off.

glaurung

MThanded said:
I would post if my PS3 limited edition wouldn't be stuck in some retarded post office for another 5 days while they attempt to read my address from the envelope.

*raage

I just had to share this hilarious image:

This is why the BOLO patch is one of the greatest mods.

JustCause22010-03-2403-24-21-04.png

I didn't get to play much last night. I only had time to do the first mission for razor, and a couple races. Enjoyed the races more than I thought I would and can't wait to get home to play more.

Wiggum2007 said:
If this game doesn't sell like hotcakes I will RAAAAGE. I feel like I remember reading awhile back that Avalanche Studios has a lot riding on this game and that if it's not successful they'll pry go out of business. And this game really does deserve to do great.
I picked up the last copy at my Gamestop. I'm hoping that's a good sign.

Lach

Man, I really want to play this game. The Demo and the positive posts in here have me really hyped.

But thankts to Eidos/SE it won't be released on Steam here in Europe until Friday Night!

Sanic

In the
mile high club
, I can't figure out how to get to the last part I need, which is a gun upgrade. It looks like it's below the structure but I can't figure out how to get to it. If you go the lowest dancefloor/bar area, it's underneath that.

MThanded

Lach said:
Man, I really want to play this game. The Demo and the positive posts in here have me really hyped.

But thankts to Eidos/SE it won't be released on Steam here in Europe until Friday Night!
35mqe88.gif

Weenerz

Banned
While doing the base jump 1000 meter achievement, I decided to venture over to the local oil rig to cause some mayhem. I had to use hand grenades for the big drill, the entire thing started falling apart and I actually attached myself to a piece of the floor falling, so I went head first into the ocean :lol

How do you flip cars with the grapple? I hook up to them and turn my directional pads but I cant seem to get them flip or anything.

Weenerz said:
While doing the base jump 1000 meter achievement, I decided to venture over to the local oil rig to cause some mayhem. I had to use hand grenades for the big drill, the entire thing started falling apart and I actually attached myself to a piece of the floor falling, so I went head first into the ocean :lol

I love the Oil Rigs. Grapple up, grab all the upgrades, then hop in the boat/helicopter that's always conveniently there and fuck shit up from a distance.

Artadius

Pandoracell said:
In the
mile high club
, I can't figure out how to get to the last part I need, which is a gun upgrade. It looks like it's below the structure but I can't figure out how to get to it. If you go the lowest dancefloor/bar area, it's underneath that.

There should be a stairwell down to a cargo area around the short runway in the back of the blimp (near where the tower and fuel tank is).

Tim-E

GhostRidah said:
How do you flip cars with the grapple? I hook up to them and turn my directional pads but I cant seem to get them flip or anything.

You have to hold the hook button on the car, then drag the cursor over to some nearby land or item, then let go of the button. It only really works well if you're in a chase and the cars are driving fast, because it doesn't really do much if they're driving normal speed.

*So far my favorite thing is to get that little Pell plane from the blackmarket drop, do a stunt jump outside of it and surf the top while check out the views.

*So far.

Roelatie

GhostRidah said:
with the PS3 controller, grapple and then use the sixaxis

X360, wait for Natal

TheKurgan

Weenerz said:

Where is the best location for this?

Top Bottom