• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 2 |OT| of No Thread Name Can Do This Game Justice

Sanic

Artadius said:
There should be a stairwell down to a cargo area around the short runway in the back of the blimp (near where the tower and fuel tank is).

Thanks, must have missed that. I ran around for 15 minutes trying to find it.

In the demo I CAN NOT for the life of me get the hang of pulling yourself along the ground with the grapple to keep your parachute going

Any tips? I don't see what I'm doing wrong but I can't go more than one or two pulls before hitting the ground

Sanic

HamPster PamPster said:
In the demo I CAN NOT for the life of me get the hang of pulling yourself along the ground with the grapple to keep your parachute going

Any tips? I don't see what I'm doing wrong but I can't go more than one or two pulls before hitting the ground

Aim as parallel to the ground as you can, in other words as far out as you can. And pull up if you're about to hit the ground.

Tim-E

HamPster PamPster said:

You have to sort of catapult yourself when you do it. It's hard to explain, but when you're grappling, press downward on the joystick which sort of moves you upward with the momentum from the grapple.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
HamPster PamPster said:

Shoot downwards at a 45 degree angle. Don't reel in at all just let the grapple pull you over. When you are doing it right the cable will break as you swing over.

FuttBuck said:
Speaking of base jumping, what's everybody's record so far? Just wanted to grab the trophy last night but I think I got 1600 or so.

To be considered a base jump you just have to jump off any ledge and keep falling right? It does not have to be a bridge or anything? Can be a mountain?

RS4-

TheKurgan said:
Where is the best location for this?

Did mine on either Mile High Club or the Top of the World.

I think I'm on Agency mission 6, have to finish a bunch of Faction missions just to get the next Agency mission.

Found the massive cargo plane, tethered one of those armored tanks to it...and flew right into the ocean :lol :lol

edit - I know how you guys feel about getting 100% at the locations; it's annoying to keep on flying and walking around just to look for the flashing crates and white arrow indicators that something is nearby =\

sammy

buyin' this tonight!!!

I tried the demo out yesterday and was sold. good hook-shot games are hard to come by

Klocker

so do I need to buy an item form BM every time I want to use it or if I leave it elsewhere can I call it out from an inventory again somehow without repurchasing?

Same ?? with the DCL Gamestop

Phoenix4

Just ordered the UK Limited Edition for the 360 (that's with all the US preorder bonuses right). Was the same price as the standard version. I didn't play the demo much because i didn't want to spoil the fun, but i loved the first one despite its repetitiveness. One of the few games i can just cruise around in and having fun while enjoying the scenery.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
pr0cs said:
QFT.
I can't find the last item in one of the camps and there are absolutely NO hints as to where it could be. I wasted 20 minutes looking around but for the life of me I can't find it.

You should be able to buy something from the black market to point out the nearest "item" to help you clear out that particular base.

I hope they implement something like this.

Sorry was this a joke?

pr0cs

Hawkian said:
Sorry was this a joke?
No, even in the demo I found a number of places that I simply couldn't get 100% on. It would be nice to have something ELSE to spend money on and some sort of marker or HUD item that would show where the missing items on are nice. Especially in a game as large as this I hate having to waste so much time on one tiny piece when there is so much to be completed.

Don't like that? Don't buy it and struggle to find everything on your own.

tim1138

EviLore said:
5 hours played, 9% complete. This last faction mission I did
with 100 year old Japanese soldiers on an island with electromagnetic pulse towers making sounds out of Lost
was pretty wild.

So there is a mission attached to the island. I've only done the first one for the Reapers, but I flew out and explored that island. I was hoping you go back for a story mission.

Ramma2

pr0cs said:
No, even in the demo I found a number of places that I simply couldn't get 100% on. It would be nice to have something ELSE to spend money on and some sort of marker or HUD item that would show where the missing items on are nice. Especially in a game as large as this I hate having to waste so much time on one tiny piece when there is so much to be completed.

God yes, anytime there's collection based gameplay I wish for something like this. Even if it's some kind of a reward for beating the main story line, give me a radar so I can go back and find the little bits I missed.

Like Crackdown! Damn those orbs.

Salaadin

pr0cs said:

I thought there was? Doesnt that GPS thing show everything? I was able to 100% several demo areas using just the GPS icon thingy beneath the radar. It appears when you are close and the bars get bigger/smaller as you get closer/farther from the item.

Doesnt it work all the time?

pr0cs said:

:lol You are in for a treat when you pay more attention to the HUD.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Salaadin said:
I thought there was? Doesnt that GPS thing show everything? I was able to 100% several demo areas using just the GPS icon thingy beneath the radar. It appears when you are close and the bars get bigger/smaller as you get closer/farther from the item.

Yes... this feature is already in the game and does basically EXACTLY what they are asking for which is why I thought it was a joke. You don't need to unlock it from the black market or anything (if the demo was any indication).

bridegur

I think the biggest advantage JC2 has over Crackdown is that it's fun to be on foot and in vehicles. The vehicles in Crackdown were essentially worthless.

Weenerz

Banned
bridegur said:
I think the biggest advantage JC2 has over Crackdown is that it's fun to be on foot and in vehicles. The vehicles in Crackdown were essentially worthless.

Oh Crackdown had vehicles? :D

Dineren

Banned
Played this for a couple hours last night and loving it so far. I have to agree with some others that I wish there was some other way to track what objects are left, even if it's something you buy from the black market. I spent probably 20 minutes yesterday just wandering around an empty base trying to find what I missed. Not a big deal for me though, it's still a blast even if I don't 100% clear every base and village.

Klocker said:
so do I need to buy an item form BM every time I want to use it or if I leave it elsewhere can I call it out from an inventory again somehow without repurchasing?

Same ?? with the DCL Gamestop

Yeah seems like every time they have to be bought, even the DLC. Kinda sucks.

Salaadin said:

Whoa someone explain this better, I'm confused as shit now!

bridegur said:

Put friend in car + pick up car + take car and friend to the top of a building + throw them off of the building = So much fun. That or the ramp truck glitch.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
This has been asked before, but I didn't see the answer:

Once you accrue enough chaos for an agency mission, the bar disappears. Am I just losing chaos on that bar until I do the agency mission, or will the chaos I've gained appear in that bar once I complete the agency mission?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
slasher_thrasher21 said:
Whoa someone explain this better, I'm confused as shit now!

Next to the mini-map, when you are near a pick up, a small indicator will appear showing up to five bars. The closer you are to a pickup, the more bars are displayed.

When you are at 5 bars, they will flash, and a white HUD arrow will appear pointing out where the pick up is.

painey

bridegur said:

the vehicles are worthless in JC2, apart from the helis/planes.. the map is just too big for long sloppy handling driving.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
painey said:
the vehicles are worthless in JC2, apart from the helis/planes.. the map is just too big for long sloppy handling driving.

The ground vehicles are essential for running away from the enemy and reducing heat. There aren't always helis/planes around.

FlyinJ said:
Next to the mini-map, when you are near a pick up, a small indicator will appear showing up to five bars. The closer you are to a pickup, the more bars are displayed.

When you are at 5 bars, they will flash, and a white HUD arrow will appear pointing out where the pick up is.

Thanks, wondering wtf that was. I should prob. RTFM.

painey

FlyinJ said:
The ground vehicles are essential for running away from the enemy and reducing heat. There aren't always helis/planes around.

its faster, and more efficient just to grapple and parachute away. you can go away from roads which ends the hunt, and just grapple when you are running out of steam for extra momentum.

pr0cs

FlyinJ said:

Pick ups yes but I have a feeling that there is some small item that' I've missed to destroy that doesn't appear on the GPS or map.
I'll check again tonite though, if I can find the camps in question that I got frustrated with.

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
I just had to share this hilarious image:

This is why the BOLO patch is one of the greatest mods.

JustCause22010-03-2403-24-21-04.png

So I take it that BOLO patch has been ported to the full game already then?

Dineren

Banned
Out of curiosity, yesterday I died and when I continued it replayed all the audio messages I had received from anyone in the game. Has this happened to anyone else? It wasn't that big of a deal since I had only completed two faction missions, but I imagine it would get old fast if I died really far into the game if I had to listen to every message the black market dealer had ever sent me.

Forgot to mention I have the PS3 version

DuckRacer

Dunno if this was mentioned before, but there's a motherfucking hatch on the Lost island. The very fact the devs created an entire island referencing Lost is amazing.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I've never wanted more in a videogame to skip cut scenes. I just got it and I'm practically screaming at my TV. I don't care I don't care I don't fucking care let me cause chaos I DON'T CARE WHAT THESE PEOPLE HAVE TO SAY.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Archaix said:
I've never wanted more in a videogame to skip cut scenes. I just got it and I'm practically screaming at my TV. I don't care I don't care I don't fucking care let me cause chaos I DON'T CARE WHAT THESE PEOPLE HAVE TO SAY.

Can you not skip cutscenes in the console version? I can on PC.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Dineren said:
Played this for a couple hours last night and loving it so far. I have to agree with some others that I wish there was some other way to track what objects are left, even if it's something you buy from the black market. I spent probably 20 minutes yesterday just wandering around an empty base trying to find what I missed. Not a big deal for me though, it's still a blast even if I don't 100% clear every base and village.

You have caught up and now realize it's essentially a cinch to find every item in a given locale, right?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
EviLore said:
Can you not skip cutscenes in the console version? I can on PC.

I tried just about every button, along with holding in many different combinations to skip them. Also spent a decent amount of time trying to skip the one in the demo, and had no luck with that either. Unless it's just the opening cut scene, because it took me all of five seconds to get frustrated with that nonsense.

Archaix said:
I tried just about every button, along with holding in many different combinations to skip them. Also spent a decent amount of time trying to skip the one in the demo, and had no luck with that either. Unless it's just the opening cut scene, because it took me all of five seconds to get frustrated with that nonsense.

In the PS3 version you just have to hit "X"

Top Bottom