• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 2 |OT| of No Thread Name Can Do This Game Justice

Purkake4

Banned
X26 said:
JC3 needs destructible barracks like mercenaries had, the endless respawning enemies gets annoying. That and the horrible vehicle controls.

Other than that, amazing game, just picked it up about a week ago.
Geomod + Just Cause = epicness beyond measure

Grinchy

Banned
Kuran said:
Will buy it instantly when it goes on sale on Steam.
I bought it off D2D for $5, never downloaded from them, just put my cd key into Steam. Now it's a "steam" game. Why not just buy it elsewhere while it's on sale elsewhere?

zalemale

JC2 = the game that keeps on giving.

Always thought it would be cool if they could somehow work a Nuts and Bolts style create-a-vehicle element into the sequel (though it would be nice to get a confirmed sequel first I suppose).

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Since this got bumped, what happened to that co-op multiplayer hack? The demo videos seemed promising.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
I spent the end of this semester getting up to 78%, the city parts included. Somehow it's not at all frustrating. I only have 2 achievements to go (Trying Anything Once and Wrecking Ball), but I am a little tired of it all right now. Will probably try to go for 100% after a month or so of rest.

I haven't spent this much time goofing off in a world since GTA: San Andreas

So I finally bought this game yesterday after WAY too long of putting it off.

All I have to say is, wow.

World is gigantic, tons of things to explore/find/do and my god it is great to see color again.

I knew this game was gonna be something special as nightfall came as I was gliding over the coast and seeing all of the city lights on the horizon. A minute later a thunderstorm came over and lit up everything. Amazing.

I'm sure all of the praise has already been described many times over in this thread, but I really didnt expect the game to be this awesome. I just got finished doing one of my first stronghold missions and I'm about 4 hours in(been free roaming a lot actually). The last open world game to wow me like this was Red Dead Redemption. I was hoping that LA Noire was going to give me a nice summer open world game, but once I beat that game, I haven't played it since. This game definitely has its hooks in me and I can definitely see myself wasting many hours causing chaos. :)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Playing this beauty right now. I played like 60 hours of the PS3 version but it's still fun (and amazing looking) on PC.

My current favorite thing to do is getting a speed boat then crashing into the fishing boats as fast as I can. The results are usually hilarious.

BigFwoosh

Snuggler said:
Playing this beauty right now. I played like 60 hours of the PS3 version but it'll still fun (and amazing looking) on PC.

My current favorite thing to do is getting a speed boat then crashing into the fishing boats as fast as I can. The results are usually hilarious.
I can't wait to finally play it. After all the crazy things I've seen and heard on here, I'm sure I will sink days into it without ever coming close to actually finishing it.

Grinchy

Banned
I could be alone here, and maybe it's just because I'm typically such a console gamer, but playing the PC version with a PS3 controller is a much better experience than kb/m IMO.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Grinchy said:
I could be alone here, and maybe it's just because I'm typically such a console gamer, but playing the PC version with a PS3 controller is a much better experience than kb/m IMO.

I've been using my PS3 pad as well, and I tend to prefer KB/m. I'm just so used to it with this game that I couldn't get into using the keys.

Anyways, are there any mods that are compatible with the Steam version? I'd love to try some stuff out, particularly the BOLO patch, but it sounds like a bitch to run.

BigFwoosh said:
I can't wait to finally play it. After all the crazy things I've seen and heard on here, I'm sure I will sink days into it without ever coming close to actually finishing it.

You'll likely abandon the main "story" for hours in lieu of trying to do as much crazy shit as possible.

vanty

Grinchy said:
I'm probably the worst person on Earth when it comes to dual-analog F/TPS games, but even I use the 360 pad for JC2 instead of kb/m. The mouse just feels weird, and there's so much auto-aim that I can use the pad no problem. Also Avalanche Studios are awesome and let me invert both Y and X axis on right-stick (yeah that's right), so that helps a lot as well.

cacildo

I got all trophies, and yet im still at 98,73%

im gonna give it a break. Its basically the only game ive played since january.

And it was all worthy.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I still can't get over how amazing the water looks on very high.

datwater2u7ed.jpg

It needs to be seen in motion.

Grinchy said:

Using Motionjoy drivers?

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Snuggler said:
I still can't get over how amazing the water looks on very high.

http://www.abload.de/img/datwater2u7ed.jpg[/IG]

It needs to be seen in motion.[/QUOTE]
Yep yep. Unfortunately, any gameplay involving the water is not as fun as the regular on-land gameplay.

Tawpgun

So I found out that you can sort of simulate a wingsuit by deploying, detaching, and deploying your chute really fast. You'll fly farther and longer distanced while skydiving. It's amazing buzzing a mountain or skyscraper as if you had a wingsuit.

Speaking of, Wingsuits in JC3 plz.

Angry Fork

How do you fix mouse lag? The same happens with a 360 controller. I tried turning off v-sync and some other options but it's the same thing. When I move the mouse or analog stick it takes like a second before it registers on the screen. My comp can handle the game so it's weird. Can a 3rd party program fix it?

Also do any trainers work with the Steam version? This game begs to have something like infinite health/ammo but there's no cheats -_-

Angry Fork said:
How do you fix mouse lag? The same happens with a 360 controller. I tried turning off v-sync and some other options but it's the same thing. When I move the mouse or analog stick it takes like a second before it registers on the screen. My comp can handle the game so it's weird. Can a 3rd party program fix it?

Also do any trainers work with the Steam version? This game begs to have something like infinite health/ammo but there's no cheats -_-

Lower settings till you average 60 fps =\
Does wonders for the input lag.

Only 'fix' that makes the game enjoyable to aim with.

With an lcd monitor + the lag from just cause it's probably still terrible at 60 fps though.

My crt's 0 input lag brings it to bearable levels.

BigFwoosh

So I finally finished downloading the game, and it randomly is crashing to the desktop. Well, it's not really crashing though because the audio still works, and I can still hear myself move and shoot and everything, but I all I see is my desktop. I have to force close the game and reopen it. Anyone else have this problem?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Anyone remember my old Sunrise over Panau video?

Well, sequel time! Sunrise Over Panau II: Panau Harder!

Also, while making this, I discovered that despite what the in-game map says, there doesn't seem to be any real "end" to the game world. It seems that the game will just keep generating ocean forever. Or at least, for a very, very long time.

Marleyman

Banned
Probably top 5 in games this gen for me. I enjoyed the driving, for the most part and while the endless enemies can be annoying I didn't ever really quit or get too frustrated from it. I still have plenty of stuff to do before I beat it.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
To ask once more and bring the thread up, I guess my question is if there's a newer version that works with the updated Steam version of the game? I almost regret not just installing it with the GG files but I wanted Steam functions for this game.

It seems that there is no new version of the patch which works with the game?

MSIMagus

Neo Member
I came to this thread to ask a question or two...after seeing bolo and infinite grapple I am leaving to sell my PS3 copy and get a PC copy.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I have to work in a minute but could someone link me to the infinite grapple mod? I found the 2km one and it works as advertised and awesome but I would love the infinite one.

X26

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
I have to work in a minute but could someone link me to the infinite grapple mod? I found the 2km one and it works as advertised and awesome but I would love the infinite one.

;_;

why doesn't the console verson have cheats

domlolz

Banned
Hey You said:
So this game is like GTA except Free Roam and alot more stuff to do?

I might want to pick this up.

and a million times more fun

I haven't played this in a while and my wired 360 pad broke a while back, what's it like with mouse and keyboard compared to a pad? gotta download it again and I'm just wondering if it's worth it without me wee pad

lucius

I picked this up recently, I like the gameplay much more than Grand Theft Auto IV. The voice acting and story/cutscenes aren't as good but it is more fun to me, I hope there is a sequel.

Did this game sell well?

BigFwoosh

BigFwoosh said:
So I finally finished downloading the game, and it randomly is crashing to the desktop. Well, it's not really crashing though because the audio still works, and I can still hear myself move and shoot and everything, but I all I see is my desktop. I have to force close the game and reopen it. Anyone else have this problem?
I hate to bump this, but it's killing me. I uninstalled my drivers (AMD HD4890), ran Driver Sweeper in safe mode, and reinstalled the drivers, and I thought it fixed it but tonight it's happening again. Totally preventing me from playing this awesome game. It always seems to crash when I'm about to do something cool =(

Grinchy

Banned
MadraptorMan said:
Using Motionjoy drivers?
Yep. I have it emulate the 360 controller so that games like JC2 just auto-map the buttons.

What's really weird though, is the on-screen indicator telling you to hit X, which is actually Square on the PS3 controller. So A is X.

Holy amazing appropriate thread title. I played the crap out of this game on 360 and decided to buy it on the PC since I finally got my 360 wireless dongle for it replaced.

WOW. It's like an amazing game+amazing game.

Glorious, it's all I have to say.

I have some mods and ammo cheats and stuff so it's just absolutely amazing.

Quick question too ... can you move the camera out further from Rico?

Top Bottom