• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 2 |OT| of No Thread Name Can Do This Game Justice

metareferential said:
I use a wired 360 controller, and it's perfect, no difference from the console version (well, aside the fucking-incredible graphics xD).

Pretty much. Everything is mapped just like the console version. I jumped into it like nothing.

Using the Wireless FYI.

EDIT: Damn! Spoke too soon ... game has locked up and now it refuses to start.

this game is so insane

like you know all the shit you always thought you should be able to do in video games when you were a kid? this game is that.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
blame space said:
this game is so insane

like you know all the shit you always thought you should be able to do in video games when you were a kid? this game is that.

Exactly why it's my GOTY 2010. It just never, ever gets old. Had it for a year or so now and it's just as fun now as it ever was.

For some reason, though, I'm a bit sad that I've destroyed 47 of 49 industrial chimneys. I dunno...I guess just knowing that soon I'll have destroyed all of one certain object in the entire game world is a bit sad. Sorta makes me realize that I'll be done with the game sooner than later (though I've probably got a good 30-40 hours more before I hit ~90% [hitting 100% is practically impossible due to all the unmarked pickups/destroyable objects]).

matmanx1

Just Cause 2 is like my gaming junk food. It's always there installed in my Steam folder waiting for me to come and spend a couple of hours worth of insanity in and although I get tired of it quickly I always come back to it for more a few days later.

Fully open world games aren't generally my thing but Just Cause 2 on the PC is a pretty glorious experience and a severely underrated game, IMO.

r1chard

matmanx1 said:
Just Cause 2 is like my gaming junk food. It's always there installed in my Steam folder waiting for me to come and spend a couple of hours worth of insanity in and although I get tired of it quickly I always come back to it for more a few days later.
This.

I want JC3 to be just like this, but more.

Coldsnap said:
How do I access the DLC jet airplane? Just got over the first mission and I want to fly my jet.

You have to buy them with ingame money. And everytime you lose/destroy it, you have to buy it again.

Curufinwe

Nelo Ice said:
are any of the dlcs worth it? its only costs $2.23 for all of em

Yes. I used the one that gave you the missile launcher extensively while playing the 360 version. The powered parachute is pretty good, too.

Ploid 3.0

I even have fun driving off of mountains. It's like Plinko but awesomer! Just Cause 3 should be a blast. I hope they have a extra innovation this time. I have a hard time playing open games without grapple + parachute glide mechanics now. Wish it could be modded in Saints Row 2 and 3rd.

I spawned a cheapo heli once, and attached a monster truck to the underside with the rope, and struggled to lift the beast, ended up crashing since that thing outweighed the heli by soo much haha

r1chard

Ploid 3.0 said:
I have a hard time playing open games without grapple + parachute glide mechanics now.
Indeed. An open-world game without that is not worth playing! I guess that's why they added it to Infamous 2 :)

Grinchy

Banned
Ploid 3.0 said:
I even have fun driving off of mountains. It's like Plinko but awesomer! Just Cause 3 should be a blast. I hope they have a extra innovation this time. I have a hard time playing open games without grapple + parachute glide mechanics now. Wish it could be modded in Saints Row 2 and 3rd.

Awesome! This is exactly why I love this game.

I'm glad to see that so many people are enjoying JC 2 now. I got it for 40 bucks when walmart did their random price drops (for whatever reason they dropped the prices here in canada on games that ended up being really good and popular like the original batman and borderlands)

This is definately the kind of game that some hacking and modding could make infinitely better but I hope for JC 3 they add in a bit more variety on the weapons and things to do and also maybe add some more vehicles and maybe a wing suit to tool around in. Otherwise I think this game is about as gamey as it gets (and thats a good thing) pick up and blow shit up for half an hour and move on with life.

I think im at 98.02% completion, won't ever get more.

do upgrades carry over for weapons? like if i upgrade my revolver and then pick one up in the wild, will it be upgraded? if not, is there a way to store weapons?

i just found the night club a mile off the ground just flying around via hot air balloons immediately after i shot down the satellite en route to outer space with a stolen military fighter jet

BEST GAME

r1chard

blame space said:
do upgrades carry over for weapons? like if i upgrade my revolver and then pick one up in the wild, will it be upgraded?
Yes.

Edit: agh, should've reloaded before posting.

To add something useful: I recommend installing one of the various mods that opens up the shopping to allow buying everything. The game's way more fun when you can just spawn a Si-47 Leopard anywhere :)

i might consider doing that.. i can't figure out what exactly unlocks new weapons. just general progress?

man, these enemies have fucking dead-on aim.

HankToms

Had a strangest bug happen to me the other day. I just loaded up my save game and I was playing and doing a mission where I have to fly a helicopter into a mountain snow area, so i just flew up and held down "W" and looked away for a few seconds. When I looked up and moved my view, there was a screen burn in of the mountain range and the helicopter. It showed up when I was looking normal, when I was looking reverse ("c") but it went away when I went to the map or options menu. If I went back to the game, the burn in was still there, even after reloading a save.

I decided I would just quit and restart, and that bug was gone. But then when I loaded my save, It was one that was a few days old. I thought I maybe loaded the wrong save, but I looked at all my saves and the only one was one that was saved days ago. So somehow I lost a bunch of progress.

Pretty damn annoying. Game is still fun tho :)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
blame space said:
i might consider doing that.. i can't figure out what exactly unlocks new weapons. just general progress?

man, these enemies have fucking dead-on aim.

Yeah, general progress unlocks more stuff to buy. Well, general progress and buying DLC (though most of the DLC stuff is frankly pretty throwaway, save for the air propulsion gun, monster truck, and hovercraft).

And yeah, the enemies have ridiculous aim. You really have to roll and grapple a LOT to avoid getting massacred. Also, learn to use the grappling hook during combat. Besides the melee attack, it's also useful for hanging enemies from high objects and the backs of vehicles and stuff. Just experiment, it's a lot of fun.

Coldsnap

Okay, after getting this off steam sale and playing it with mods I have come to a conclusion that this is the best game ever. I just keep finding crazier and crazier things to do and my mind is blown at the combination of amazing graphics, open sandbox, which allows you to do anything you want.

Coldsnap

Yea HD clouds is the only thing that improves looks from what I've see.

Get Superman mod, unlimited ammo, longer grapple. Changes the game

HankToms

Is there a way to get rid of the waypoints of the 3 factions? Sometimes when I'm driving i can't even see whats down the road because these things are blocking my view. I've already done some of the teal missions, do i need to visit them all or something?

mkESV.jpg

Seraphis Cain said:
It sold around 1.5 million worldwide. I'd certainly hope that's enough for a sequel.

I thought I read somewhere that Avalanche are in financial trouble and that's the reason they will focus on "smaller" games right now like Renegade ops.

It took Avalanche years of resources to develop their 2.0 engine.

EL Beefo

Nostalgia~4ever said:
amazing game, too bad there is a good chance there wont be a JC3 due to so-so sales :(

It sold nearly 1 million worldwide its first month. I'm pretty sure there'll be a third one.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Nostalgia~4ever said:
I thought I read somewhere that Avalanche are in financial trouble and that's the reason they will focus on "smaller" games right now like Renegade ops.

It took Avalanche years of resources to develop their 2.0 engine.

Aren't they working on Mad Max as well, though? Pretty sure that's a big title for them.

Quikies83

blame space said:
this game is so insane

Yup, so true. This is definitely my favorite sandbox game. I should actually start completing missions but it's pretty hard not to be distracted.

faridmon

I just found out that my cousin bought it on the 360 and I have access in playing this game.

Question: If I hate snadbox games, will I enjoy this game?

This game is the bee's knees.

Yesterday I was driving the armored vehicle pictures a few posts up when I came across a ramp that was suspiciously built in front of a Baby Panay statue. Being a fine detective, I investigated the ramp at the fastest rate my armored car could manage and discovered the most amazing way to destroy a statue in any game ever.

Next thing on my checklist: Air to air dogfight between helicopters with no weapons allowed but for the grappled stone head that is swinging from the bottom of my helicopter. Scorpio Smash!

RS4-

Ok finally got around to installing this on PC after having finished it on 360 months and months ago and...

yeah, I'm not enjoying that stupid loading screen where it shows off five logos (?), including what, three Square-Enix related ones?

Time to find some mods

vanty

RS4- said:
Ok finally got around to installing this on PC after having finished it on 360 months and months ago and...

yeah, I'm not enjoying that stupid loading screen where it shows off five logos (?), including what, three Square-Enix related ones?

Time to find some mods
You can just hit buttons and the logos skip through in about half a second total.

I have a ton of videos I recorded on the PS3 version. Glitches, ridiculous stuff, etc. Thinking about uploading them one of these days.

RS4-

vanty said:
You can just hit buttons and the logos skip through in about half a second total.

Lol...I should have done more than hit the mouse button. Didn't really get into things, just changed a few settings then ran the benchmark.

Will use ps3 pad with 360 emulation via motionjoy.

Top Bottom