• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 3 PC performance thread

Rig at the office:

i5 4690
8GB RAM
GTX 960 4GB
Windows 10 64bit
359.00 driver (new driver not out yet)

Getting around 40+fps with everything set to high/on, locking it to 30fps using RTSS seems to be stable, will try the offline mode trick see if there is any improvement.

Grassy

Wait... is... is that 54GB the space it takes on the HDD or what it downloads from Steam because, if the latter, I'm fucked beyond belief, haha.

The download size through Steam is ~38gb, I've only got another 30gb to go at 1.7mb/s...yay...

Doesn't look like it unfortunately.

I have a single 980ti at the moment and was always planning to get a second before the end of this year but I just keep asking myself "what's the point?"

I'm going to list my second 980Ti on Ebay in the next week or so while I can still get a good amount for it. Save your cash.

Shahadan

Go offline and see if that helps. I'm kinda using you as a test subject since your stuff is close to mine (besides the GPU)

I'm stock 2500k as well (and gtx 660 so minimum requirements). Before going offline it was near unplayable and I went back to the same resolution as the user you quoted. Still had issues even with using low settings.

Now offline I can activate everything and use 1920x1080 again :lol:
Still get small fps drops but that's to be expected with my config, but now I can actually play the game as I would with any other one.

Chris R

Apparently new drivers will be out tomorrow for nVidia? Might hold off on my refund until I try those out.

Refund won't be affected by me purchasing the game several months ago right? I've only been able to log 18 minutes in the three times I've launched the game before it hard crashes.

Blizzard

Banned
Apparently new drivers will be out tomorrow for nVidia? Might hold off on my refund until I try those out.

Refund won't be affected by me purchasing the game several months ago right? I've only been able to log 18 minutes in the three times I've launched the game before it hard crashes.
I think it's just 2 hours of game time, and they might be generous if you're slightly over. I'd be afraid I would spend 2.5 hours just getting the options adjusted or something. :p

killroy87

AMD Beta drivers fixed my corrupt textures, thanks for the fix on that. Game still runs worse than I'd like, but I'll make due for now.

Stormus

3770k at 4.6
16GB RAM
GTX 980TI
2560X1440
Everything max

I maintain 60fps most of the time, but dips do happen during massive explosions.

Biggest drop I saw was down to 44fps. Loading times are fine, even on an HDD.

Same set up only 6700k. No noticeable drops whatsoever a few hours in. I will say having to go in an manually fix the resolution (kept crashing) was annoying though.

going offline seemed to work a lot better but once I got into a helicopter the frames dropped a ton...will just go back to locking it down to 30 until some fixes are made

Blizzard

Banned
I wonder if the offline thing is due to DRM, social interaction, CPU reduction, iffy internet, or an interaction of multiple factors?

That could explain why some people do not see improvements. Maybe their internet and/or CPU is already good enough.

taking steam offline seems to help a little. Still getting lots of hitching/stuttering. Maybe I'll just get the ps4 version my comp was below min specs and I while I can run it, I'm not really experiencing it in any way it was intended.

Damn, pre-ordered because apparently the game runs fine on GTX 950/750's.

Anybody tried to lock the framerate to 30fps? Maybe that could help?

Seems to make things run better, (the stutter goes away mostly unless there are big explosions going), but it's not 100% still. Really hoping a patch and JC3-specific drivers will come out quickly.

(Everything is stock) 4770K, GTX 680 2GB, 8GB ram, running at 1080p, everything on lowest (but Bokeh is on, and Textures and Water are set to Medium and AA is FXAA).

bumclot

i7 3770
GTX 980
16 GB RAM

I crashed twice during the intro sequence and now once more when I tried to open the map during a hectic moment after getting a few missions deep.

I've also been seeing frequent texture flickering/z-fighting (?). Otherwise, I've been able to play 1080p/60fps with max settings, except for shadows set to high. Probably going to take a break, though, as those crashes have been pretty frustrating.

Majine

Banned
i5 4460
GTX 960
8 GB RAM

Maybe it's because I am relatively new to modern PC gaming so my standards are lowered, but I think it looks and performs pretty damn good (1920x1080).

Jeez, was really hoping this game would be just as perfectly optimized as Mad Max surprisingly was. I was getting almost 60/1080/Max with my power plan set to 'Power saver' haha. Ah well, with my shitty internet 750kb/s dl, this thing won't be downloaded for more than another 10 hours. Chance of substantial patch before then? haha

Do those videos that play after you complete (or fail, in my case) the challenges tank anyone else's frame rate? I get like 1-4 fps until they've played through once and then it's smooth after that.

killroy87

I'm gonna wait and give this game another couple weeks before I dive back in, see if it can eek out another patch or two and a driver update. It runs, but it chugs much more than it should, and it kind of ruins the flow for me. Still super playable, but I know my rig can handle more. The game looks good, but it doesn't look that good.

Being lazy and just picking my settings from copying them from the original post.

Fullscreen: Yes
Vertical sync: Not in game, using RTSS set to 60.
Anisotropic level: 16x
Resolution: 1080p
Anti-aliasing: Off
Texture quality: Very High
Water detail: Very High
Water tessellation: On
LOD factor: Very High
Shadow quality: High
SSAO: On
Motion blur: Off

Edge fade: On
Global illumination: On
Screen-space reflections: On
Bokeh depth of field: Off

W10
i5 2500k @ 4.5 GHz
EVGA GTX 970 SSC @ 1417 (memory stock)
16GB DDR3 @1866
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

I haven't done much but after turning down shadows from what I saw from the frame counter it stayed mostly at 60, need to run it more though but I'm going to wait until tomorrow when the new driver and maybe patch are out.

So, are we looking at an AK situation?

LOL no.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Oh my gosh, perhaps I never should have dropped the titan x for a 980. I though 980 sounded bigger. :/

seriously though, I really would like to try this game on my titan x.

I'll let you know how it goes with my SLI Titan X @ 3440x1440

1OCQ7kQ.jpg

I've installed the new AMD drivers and reset and still getting this :( Tried every LOD and texture option. Funny thing is everything else is at high settings and moving like a dream, just these triangles everywhere :(

x3sphere

Pretty happy with the performance at 3440x1440 on my 980 Ti. I had to put Shadows on High to maintain 60 though, and it still drops every now and then

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Wow not particularly fast with 2 290x... barely hitting 30 fps all maxed at 2556x1600. (6 core intel, 32 gigs ram, windows 10)

Guess better wait for crossfire drivers...

Saintruski

Unconfirmed Member
85-90fps average no dips on max settings 1080p haven't tried 1440p yet id expect high framerate and no dips there too... for the first time in my life it pays off to have one of these...

8tuCq3T.png

CPU intensive, and VRAM hungry and all those physics calculations

I hope the Nvidia driver also includes Sli. with everything maxed out besides AA I'm getting anywhere from 32 - 91 frames. As low as 32 when shit is blowing up and a steady 60 when nothings going down and just gliding. Haven't tried going offline but I'll just wait for Nvidias new driver. Game is fun though.

My specs
1920x1080
i7-4770k
780Ti sli
16gb ram

AU Tiger

Jesus titty fucking christ... No SLI support, yet again. Guess I should just feed my second 970 to a goat.

I fed mine (and the other one) back to amazon for a refund for this exact reason. NO ONE has proper SLI support any more. Fucking joke if you ask me.

I ended up getting a 980ti with the money and dont' regret it at all. I can just brute force better frame rates with a single card.

So this game crashes at 1920x1080 but doesn't crash at 2560x1440 (my monitor's res).

At 2560x1440 it just stutters and looks like ass.

Please patch, come soon.

Edit: Never mind, it crashes at all resolutions.

Top Bottom