Just Dance 2014 is a thing. Includes Ghostbusters theme.

Someone pressed a button a day early. They're moving to years in the title. It's not dead yet.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Just-Dance-2014/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802555308c1

The latest opus of the Just Dance franchise will make you dance even more and will be once again the ultimate casual rendezvous of the year. This new opus will be even more social as you will be able to connect and dance with players from all over the world and share a unique dancing experience with them. It becomes the party expert and features today iconic pop culture references. New modes will be available, letting you and your friends experience parties the way only Just Dance knows how!

Yep, that's a Just Dance game.

Jul 12, 2012
Was Just Dance bigger on 360 or Wii? I want to say Wii, but the last few years + kinect might have changed that.
Wii all the way, even Just Dance 4 (Wii already dead) crushed 360 if I remember right.

2 or 3 on Wii may have even hit 10 million. I don't think any other platform cracked 1 million for any single title.

Aug 6, 2012
Was Just Dance bigger on 360 or Wii? I want to say Wii, but the last few years + kinect might have changed that.
Wii for sure. I know people who love these games, have all 3 consoles and still went for the Wii version. I think it had a lot to do with people already having a wii, but having non Kinect Xbox models and not wanting to buy the add on.

Feb 13, 2009
Wii all the way, even Just Dance 4 (Wii already dead) crushed 360 if I remember right.

2 or 3 on Wii may have even hit 10 million. I don't think any other platform cracked 1 million for any single title.
Yeah, the last time Just Dance 4 made the combined NPD Chart, the Wii SKU was listed first.

Mar 31, 2012
What will be the next rhythm or music based thing that'll be successful? I'd bet on a twerking fighting game where whoever twerks the hardest does a bigger combo than the other person.

May 19, 2013
California
Just Dance vs Dance Central is the next Guitar Hero vs Rock Band is the next Singstar vs Karaoke Revolution.

Tremendous hits, but dead and buried in a couple years due to utter stagnation.
Dance Central absolutely destroys Just Dance though, in a way neither of the above two did. It's pretty obvious that Just Dance is designed for kids and drunk people to play at parties. Game literally requires no skill. Dance Central actually requires you to....dance.

Jan 12, 2012
BC Canada
This has always bothered me. Everyone always forgets about Winston even though he's been there almost since the beginning.
Winston was used incredibly well in the 2009 video game, but out side of that, he usually gets shafted in the games. Even in Ghostbusters II he hung around doing kids parties and stuff with Ray, while the other two buggered off.

rrs

Nov 18, 2012
Not Chicago, IL
Dance Central absolutely destroys Just Dance though, in a way neither of the above two did. It's pretty obvious that Just Dance is designed for kids and drunk people to play at parties. Game literally requires no skill. Dance Central actually requires you to....dance.
And that's why it's so awesome, it's the most fun you can have at a party short of liquor.

Just Dance is fun, Dance Central? Not so much. We party to laugh and have a good time, not to "one up" one another with absolutely dumb dance moves that you wouldn't dare try on a dance floor anyway.