• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Dance 2014 is a thing. Includes Ghostbusters theme.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Someone pressed a button a day early. They're moving to years in the title. It's not dead yet.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Just-Dance-2014/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802555308c1

The latest opus of the Just Dance franchise will make you dance even more and will be once again the ultimate casual rendezvous of the year. This new opus will be even more social as you will be able to connect and dance with players from all over the world and share a unique dancing experience with them. It becomes the party expert and features today iconic pop culture references. New modes will be available, letting you and your friends experience parties the way only Just Dance knows how!

YUn7WNA.png

zK29gMB.jpg

TQ1bbnw.jpg

th4dpiV.jpg

Yep, that's a Just Dance game.

The name "Just Dance 2014" sounds really clunky. Years in titles should be reserved for sports franchises (exceptions for especially cool-sounding years like 2000).

My wifey and daughter will be very happy..

Now the big question..

They play it on my 360 and Kinect..

Will this be a Xbox One game or not?

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Ubisoft finally tapping in to the goldmine known as the parapalegic audience. Microsoft must be kicking themselves.

BD1

Banned
Was Just Dance bigger on 360 or Wii? I want to say Wii, but the last few years + kinect might have changed that.

prag16

Banned
Was Just Dance bigger on 360 or Wii? I want to say Wii, but the last few years + kinect might have changed that.

Wii all the way, even Just Dance 4 (Wii already dead) crushed 360 if I remember right.

2 or 3 on Wii may have even hit 10 million. I don't think any other platform cracked 1 million for any single title.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
but if its coming out this year shouldn't it be 2013? Its not like it has a sports season that goes till mid 2014 to justify the +1 year thing...

Wii for sure. I know people who love these games, have all 3 consoles and still went for the Wii version. I think it had a lot to do with people already having a wii, but having non Kinect Xbox models and not wanting to buy the add on.

lenovox1

Wii all the way, even Just Dance 4 (Wii already dead) crushed 360 if I remember right.

2 or 3 on Wii may have even hit 10 million. I don't think any other platform cracked 1 million for any single title.

Yeah, the last time Just Dance 4 made the combined NPD Chart, the Wii SKU was listed first.

Haunted

Just Dance vs Dance Central is the next Guitar Hero vs Rock Band is the next Singstar vs Karaoke Revolution.

Tremendous hits, but dead and buried in a couple years due to utter stagnation.

Fularu

Banned
1 2 3 4 were super fun, will get this one too on Wii (they're cheap anyway, you can get them for 30$ on release week)

MormaPope

Banned
What will be the next rhythm or music based thing that'll be successful? I'd bet on a twerking fighting game where whoever twerks the hardest does a bigger combo than the other person.

GamerJM

Banned
Just Dance vs Dance Central is the next Guitar Hero vs Rock Band is the next Singstar vs Karaoke Revolution.

Tremendous hits, but dead and buried in a couple years due to utter stagnation.

Dance Central absolutely destroys Just Dance though, in a way neither of the above two did. It's pretty obvious that Just Dance is designed for kids and drunk people to play at parties. Game literally requires no skill. Dance Central actually requires you to....dance.

This has always bothered me. Everyone always forgets about Winston even though he's been there almost since the beginning.

Winston was used incredibly well in the 2009 video game, but out side of that, he usually gets shafted in the games. Even in Ghostbusters II he hung around doing kids parties and stuff with Ray, while the other two buggered off.

Mr. Robot

Day 1 for me and im not kidding, people can get hardcore on these, something about not moving much of your body and getting a good score gets on the nerves of everybody else.

DTJAAAAM

Day One for me as well. I just hope this one has a steadier flow of DLC, including stuff from the Wii-exclusive games from before it went multiplatform. I want Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go and the Shoop Shoop Song, damn it!

Chairhome

Makes me sad that Harmonix might not be making a new Dance Central for a while and I'll be stuck with this as a substitute

rrs

Dance Central absolutely destroys Just Dance though, in a way neither of the above two did. It's pretty obvious that Just Dance is designed for kids and drunk people to play at parties. Game literally requires no skill. Dance Central actually requires you to....dance.

And that's why it's so awesome, it's the most fun you can have at a party short of liquor.

Fularu

Banned

Just Dance is fun, Dance Central? Not so much. We party to laugh and have a good time, not to "one up" one another with absolutely dumb dance moves that you wouldn't dare try on a dance floor anyway.

Top Bottom