• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Dance 2017 announced for *NX* and every other platform

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Are they even allowed to say this

Now lets Imagine the delusional reasons behind the fact that ubisoft can announce just dance for nx, while no other "core" game will be announced neither from Ubi nor any other third party developer!!!

:p

MuchoMalo

Banned
If they're not reprimanded by Nintendo in any way for this, it's extremely worrying for NX. I doubt that Ubisoft would be the only one allowed to announce an NX game, and that this would be the only game they're allowed to announce.

Calling it now: NX is considerably weaker than Xbone and can't run Xbone-level games.

Draeter

Banned
If they're not reprimanded by Nintendo in any way for this, it's extremely worrying for NX. I doubt that Ubisoft would be the only one allowed to announce an NX game, and that this would be the only game they're allowed to announce.

Yeah. If no games were anounced you could hope they were hiding the lineup on purpose. With this thing anounced for NX you basically realice there`s no such purpose, they simply arent going to have anything for it.

PSqueak

Banned
Coming to all video game platforms & PC and Nintendo NX.

So redundant..

Maybe this means that, just like the PC, the NX won't be simply classified as a *console*, even if a gamin dedicated machine, which could mean something for the console/handheld hybrid theory.

Also, the use of both "&" and , uh, "and" very obviously was to pad the line length for symmetry.

Draeter

Banned
Well , I dont know what to tell you if you expected strong western third party support for a Nintendo home console.

One thing its not expecting strong 3rd party support and a very different thing is expecting no 3rd support at all, like this thing looks like its going to have.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

Calling it now: NX is considerably weaker than Xbone and can't run Xbone-level games.

In any case we wouldn't know that. So, it is a mess in a y case. And every day more the choice of muting the nx by Nintendo is worst.

Reprimanded why? That a game that's historically been on Nintendo consoles will be on a Nintendo console that's already been announced?

The only third party game announced is a very casual, graphically weak game. A very strong message for nx indeed.
And obviously people is going to assume (correctly) that if no other game is announced neither from Ubi nor others it is simply because those games are not in development

Yeah doesn't sound great for NX multiplats. I would think Ubisoft has an exclusive NX game in the works but no other multiplats being mentioned for NX is not great to hear.

Edit:

Am I the only one who thinks it's curious that it says "all video game platforms" and PC and NX are both explicitly added.

PC is self explanatory since it's not a sole video game platform, but what if NX really isn't just another console but it's something else. Nintendo has been saying as such for the longest time, neither a successor to Wii U or 3DS. Hmmm

NX confirmed Toaster or Holodeck?

FZZ

Banned
Am I the only one who thinks it's curious that it says "all video game platforms" and PC and NX are both explicitly added.

PC is self explanatory since it's not a sole video game platform, but what if NX really isn't just another console but it's something else. Nintendo has been saying as such for the longest time, neither a successor to Wii U or 3DS. Hmmm

MuchoMalo

Banned
I see the mystical NDA continues to not exist.

Yeah, it's officially dead imo. My guess is that the Ori dev was correct before and NX really is just a handheld that's slightly more powerful than Wii U and can connect to a TV.

It's because the NX version is coming later. There's no great mystery.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Yeah doesn't sound great for NX multiplats. I would think Ubisoft has an exclusive NX game in the works but no other multiplats being mentioned for NX is not great to hear.

As I said before, third parties are done with Nintendo outside of known sellers on the platform. You'll see Just Dance, Skylanders, and Lego games, but that's about it.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Well , I dont know what to tell you if you expected strong western third party support for a Nintendo home console.

I wasnt since long time, and their investors meeting with the E3 death and nx delay was the final nail on the coffin

This id just a confirmation that the mysterious nda dont exist and that there will be NO western support for it (remember that neither skylander is coming to this joke of a console)

One thing its not expecting strong 3rd party support and a very different thing is expecting no 3rd support at all, like this thing looks like its going to have.

Just Dance is support tho. I expect around the same amount of support Wii U had for the NX in the west.

I wasnt since long time, and their investors meeting with the E3 death and nx delay was the final nail on the coffin

This id just a confirmation that the mysterious nda dont exist and that there will be NO western support for it (remember that neither skylander is coming to this joke of a console)
Interesting that you seem to know everything about NDA and the system just by Ubisoft saying Just Dance is coming for it.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I see the mystical NDA continues to not exist.

But it exists, we know such a tight NDA, much stricter than what was on Wii U, is a thing.
Actually, I'm surprised Ubisoft went to namedrop NX as well, even if just for Just Dance.

Not surprised by the hyperbolic doom and gloom in the thread, though. Not in the slightiest.

FZZ

Banned

Edit:

NX confirmed Toaster or Holodeck?

I wish man , because if NX isn't primarily a console and it's something else shit would be more brazy

But...

MuchoMalo said:
It's because the NX version is coming later. There's no great mystery.

You're probably right.

Reading too much into this shit, starving for info out here

Richie

Wii U had 3rd party support, at launch. This doesnt even get that.

I don't expect Nintendo to do a turnaround with third parties in the blink of an eye, but you could at least wait until the console's formal reveal before jumping at conclusions.

I don't expect Nintendo to do a turnaround with third parties in the blink of an eye, but you could at least wait until the console's formal reveal before jumping at conclusions.
Nah man, the carnival of incredibly stupid get multiplied by 10 if Nintendo and/or NX is somehow involved ... it's dreading.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Interesting that you seem to know everything about NDA and the system just by Ubisoft saying Just Dance is coming for it.

I dont even have the interest in explaining again all the evident facts that point to a completely non existent western third party support for this thing

Just one more thing. Initial first year of third party support on the wii u will blow away nx first year of western third party support.

And Nintendo decision to mute nx at e3 and delay it to March without any info is hurting them every day more.

"Just Dance 2017 is coming to the Nintendo NX!"

"NX a handheld slightly more powerful than the Wii U there are no NDAs there is literally no support confirmed fuck you nintendooooo!!!!"

I, uh...am a little concerned for the mental health of some of the individuals in this thread.

I dont even have the interest in explaining again all the evident facts that point to a completely non existent western third party support for this thing

Just one more thing. Initial first year of third party support on the wii u will blow away nx first year of western third party support.

And Nintendo decision to mute nx at e3 and delay it to March without any info is hurting them every day more.
Alright Nostradaostia, i'd like the winning numbers for this weekend's lottery, thank you.

Just freaking wait until Nintendo announced the freaking thing.

I wish man , because if NX isn't primarily a console and it's something else shit would be more brazy

But...

You're probably right.

Reading too much into this shit, starving for info out here

In all seriousness I actually agreed with what you first said- Nintendo has been very consistent in saying how this is a brand new concept and nothing like the Wii U or 3DS. Whether or not that was Ubisoft's reasoning for separating the NX from everything else I don't know but I do think that it's still the case with NX.

It's gonna be something very different... we've had trustworthy insiders say it has a screen, and that the CPU is a fair amount more powerful than those in the XBONE and PS4, so that doesn't really add up to a traditional handheld. Whatever it is I'm excited to hear about something brand new like that, but clearly third parties are hesitant to jump in, for better or worse (likely worse).

ffdgh

Oh cool NX IS at E3.
e5YuU.gif

Count me in that minority crowd that actually plays these games. I've actually slimmed down and gotten fit thanks to the exercise routines in JD4. The recent games seemed to do away with those, hopefully they being them back!

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Alright Nostradaostia, i'd like the winning numbers for this weekend's lottery, thank you.

Just freaking wait until Nintendo announced the freaking thing.

Instead of criticize me, explain logical reasons behind the skylander guys not having the dev kits, Ubi announcing just dance...but only that for the console, EA denying their actual interest in the console, the absence of any rumor from the west, nintendo commenting the march release due to the lack of games.

Yeah, a lot of comforting facts for western third party support on NX.

Instead of criticize me, explain logical reasons behind the skylander guys not having the dev kits, Ubi announcing just dance...but only that for the console, EA denying their actual interest in the console, the absence of any rumor from the west, nintendo commenting the march release due to the lack of games.

Yeah, a lot of comforting facts for western third party support on NX.
Who says that the still don't have devkits as of now? Ubisoft presser isn't finished, plus the system is not.officially.announced., EA didn't say anything other than PR "no comment" with a few more words, absence of rumors again for an.unannounced.system (btw. even from japanese thirds), Nintendo commenting on their own games.

You jump to the biggest doomed conclusions and make it look like a fact, therefore i criticize.

Ansatz

It's one thing to speculate about the inevitable 3rd party void, and I guess to be disappointed on a personal level if you'd like the sort of games major publishers typically announce at E3 to appear on NX, but 3rd parties were never going to be a factor. It doesn't make business sense for Nintendo to invest in the home console space right now, they will double down on a mobile approach as suggested by the My Nintendo service with its simple interface and Miis as the main focus. Zelda is the only title in their library that has pull with the hardcore crowd but only if they rework it and tone down the anime/cartoony elements (the blue outfit is a good start to give the game a more 'adult' appearance)

Top Bottom