• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Dance 2017 announced for *NX* and every other platform

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Lol.
NX can't catch a break even before it has been revealed.
Nintendo is getting better every console.

Sigh.

What a poor strategy...

yep, even if there will be other games in development, if JD is the only third party game that will come out from the E3, the perception damage will be already done.
nintendo decision to skip the e3 with no actual nx info has already been suicidal

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Well, the good news is that there is one Ubisoft game confirmed for NX. Not the most interesting one, but beggars can't be choosers.

Nintendo wasn't going to have Third Party Western Support at launch anyway, IMO. Let's wait to see it announced before we go into full blown doom and gloom though.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Well, the good news is that there is one Ubisoft game confirmed for NX. Not the most interesting one, but beggars can't be choosers.

Yea watching the Ubi stream now .....they didnt say Watch Dogs 2 was coming to it. I assume Watch Dogs one sold poorly for the Wii U.

Might be more of the same for Nintendo.

Kid Ying

I don't know why you guys are so impressed. The people who buys Nintendo consoles don't want the usual 3rd party games nor care for them (as show by sales of these kind of games). If the nx ends being a good 1st party machine, it's all right. I guess the dozens that bought watch dogs on wiiu will be sad, but there's three other platforms to play the sequel. If you care so much about these kind of games, you should get these consoles instead of Nintendo ones.

MuchoMalo

Banned
I don't know why you guys are so impressed. The people who buys Nintendo consoles don't want the usual 3rd party games nor care for them (as show by sales of these kind of games). If the nx ends being a good 1st party machine, it's all right. I guess the dozens that bought watch dogs on wiiu will be sad, but there's three other platforms to play the sequel. If you care so much about these kind of games, you should get these consoles instead of Nintendo ones.

A Nintendo box is doomed to flop, no matter how good it is. Nintendo needs to increase their audience, or NX console will sell 6-8 million units tops and Nintendo has to drop out of consoles. A console can't survive on first-party alone. It's impossible, and the console will be discontinued within two years if this is really the only western third-party game coming to it.

If NX needs to be a weak hybrid to make any sense if it can't get third-party support.

I'll repeat what I said on Twitter though: There's the slim chance that Nintendo simply wants the AAA games to be announced at the NX reveal and thus has NDAs on games they feel would have a strong impact at the reveal. However,n I'd say that there's maybe a 1% chance of that being the case since it would be easier to NDA all games in that case.

Kid Ying

A Nintendo box is doomed to flop, no matter how good it is. Nintendo needs to increase their audience, or NX console will sell 6-8 million units tops and Nintendo has to drop out of consoles. A console can't survive on first-party alone. It's impossible, and the console will be discontinued within two years if this is really the only western third-party game coming to it.

If NX needs to be a weak hybrid to make any sense if it can't get third-party support.
If that's true, then it will flop. Nintendo disagree with you though.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Who says that the still don't have devkits as of now? Ubisoft presser isn't finished, plus the system is not.officially.announced., EA didn't say anything other than PR "no comment" with a few more words, absence of rumors again for an.unannounced.system (btw. even from japanese thirds), Nintendo commenting on their own games.

You jump to the biggest doomed conclusions and make it look like a fact, therefore i criticize.

You still didn't give reasons for what I asked, focusing on me rather than the nx issues.
So, now that Ubi conf is fonished: How many other games did they announce for nx?

Ansatz

This is all wrong.

Nintendo can treat the NX home console as merely a hardware revision along the lines of New 3DS, in that it plays all the NX handheld games in higher res and has a few exclusives on its own.

That way Nintendo doesn't have to spend nearly as much on R&D and marketing on it, so ~10m units sold would constitute a financial success.

The only question is which form factor they release first, the least sought after sounds ideal on paper but they need the handheld out in Japan. To me it makes the most sense to launch the console in western territories first, while Japan receives the handheld.

NX is launching probably in march, theres pretty much no point releasing this Xmas's AAA games on it, just dance sells best on nintendo platforms so its probably worth a port, the NX doesnt need several month late ports at launch no one will buy them, as long as it gets a good line up of exclusives and semi exclusives and then some of next Xmas's AAA multiplats it'll be for the best

Oersted

So impressed? Are you sure you read this thread?

All consoles?? That could be interpreted so broadly that I don't know why they didn't just list the platforms.

B298MFF.png

Perhaps a blazer over that shirt wasn't the greatest idea.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
NX is launching probably in march, theres pretty much no point releasing this Xmas's AAA games on it, just dance sells best on nintendo platforms so its probably worth a port, the NX doesnt need several month late ports at launch no one will buy them, as long as it gets a good line up of exclusives and semi exclusives and then some of next Xmas's AAA multiplats it'll be for the best

For Honor launches on one month before NX. What's the argument for this one?

Ansatz

This is a serious question.
What are the "right things" nintendo is doing?

Potentially

- shared library concept to avoid software droughts
- low cost hardware to lower the barrier of entry
- associate themselves with mobile gaming because they are currently in no man land's, they need to move towards either one of the two extremities (mobile or western AAA)
- actively pursue the type of 3rd party game that appeals to the audience they are going for (Minecraft, Undertale)

This is the Nintendo of the future.

MuchoMalo

Banned
This is all wrong.

Nintendo can treat the NX home console as merely a hardware revision along the lines of New 3DS, in that it plays all the NX handheld games in higher res and has a few exclusives on its own.

That way Nintendo doesn't have to spend nearly as much on R&D and marketing on it, so ~10m units sold would constitute a financial success.

The only question is which form factor they release first, the least sought after sounds ideal on paper but they need the handheld out in Japan. To me it makes the most sense to launch the console in western territories first, while Japan receives the handheld.

That would be disgusting when they could just make a handheld as powerful as Wii U and give it HDMI out. Use a 720p screen, and run the games at 720p via HDMI out. I'd be pissed about having to pay extra for such a thing, honestly.

dumbo

Coming to all video game platforms & PC and Nintendo NX.

AFAICT it's not redundant, but a bit grammatically messed up...
- it's coming to all video game platforms & PC in October.
- it's coming to Nintendo NX next year.

The 'and' should be a ?semi-colon? or something.

WiiU0706

So does this confirm Ubisoft have a development kit and has not even leaked the specs lol, which is good for them or it could be the case of Just Dance being super easy to port that know that when they do esy the dev kits it would be easy to have Just Dance ready by launch

Coming to all video game platforms & PC and Nintendo NX.

So redundant..

You are reading it wrong. It's saying:
Coming to all video game platforms and PC October....... and Nintendo NX next year.

NX version has a different release date. They can't release a NX game in October when the console doesn't exist yet.

radcliff

Here is my THEORY as to why Ubisoft would put JD on NX at launch and not FH: Nintendo's launch lineup. Ubi probably knows Nintendo is going to launch the NX with a major tentpole release like Mario or Zelda. Releasing a new action adv ip like FH against those titles, especially Zelda, is not going to do FH any favors. It will most likely be overlooked. On the other hand, JD appeals to a different group of gamers and is well known enough to Nintendo console owners that they though it would make more sense to release JD instead.

hatchx

Banned
I think the real interesting tidbit and confirmation here is that we can infer that UbiSoft has NX dev kits.

To be honest, I'm expecting lots of leaks through-out the summer if Nintendo doesn't unveil the goddamn thing.

hemo memo

Gold Member
I think the real interesting tidbit and confirmation here is that we can infer that UbiSoft has NX dev kits.

To be honest, I'm expecting lots of leaks through-out the summer if Nintendo doesn't unveil the goddamn thing.

But if Just Dance is the only game they're using that devkit for they're not impressed.

Top Bottom