• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just discovered cool trick in YouTube Android app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also,
we are in The Matrix confirmed.

NAtKikg.png

Another cool trick is that if you try to go full screen it will automatically go to the end of the video! Such an amazing feature.
edit: I actually didn't know about the feature, op. Thanks!

Another cool trick is that if you try to go full screen it will automatically go to the end of the video! Such an amazing feature.

I don't know what you're talking about. I always watch videos full screen, never had it go to the end of the video.

Although recently I've been having a bug where the video will freeze on a frame but the audio continues. The first couple of times it happened I thought that was just how the video was (someone talking over a still image), but then it lasted a long time and I realized something was up. Usually changing orientation or restarting the video fixes it.

Sinfamy

I love it when you try to pause the video and it skips to the next one.
Why is there a skip video button in the middle of the screen next to the pause button.

Nightbird

Another trick that i found just a few days ago was that (on the desktop version) you can go trough a paused video frame by frame by using [.] and [,].

I thought that was cool

Shiloa

More importantly, if you use Firefox for Android you can have the audio from youtube even with the screen off.

RocknRola

That happens to me once in a while and it's 100% of times my fault too :p

Copenap

Lol this. Glad I'm not the only one and they will hopefully fix it.

Anyways, thanks Op.

How are so many people *accidentally* discovering this? What action would make you double tap the screen when you didn't mean to?

ItIsOkBro

They absolutely fucked up video controls in the latest YouTube app update. Now you have to tap once to 'wake' the time seek controls and tap again to seek where you wanted. I can live with this, I thought. If I want to time seek quickly I'll just double tap the time seek bar. Lo and behold that makes it skip by 10 seconds instead.

ReBirFh

Another cool trick I discovered.

If your work's WIFI network blocks youtube you can load the link and start the video through your 3G/4G then change to WIFI and it will bypass the block.

RoKKeR

That's neat.

I don't understand why scrubbing doesn't have a picture preview of where you are scrubbing too. Used a friend's iPhone the other day and was surprised to see that there but not on Android. Come on, Google!

That is really handy... I always wished that there was a "Rewind 15 seconds" or "Fast forward 15 seconds" because getting the tracking right with your finger is so difficult especially on long videos. I figured YouTube would never build it in because it could make it easier to skip ads that are part of a video (sort of with PocketCasts, how you can so easily fast forward through the ads in a podcast)

ALthough showing a screenshot of a text with you and your friend is sort of a weird way to show the tip ... SUrely it took longer to take a screenshot, modify the image, upload, and paste the link rather than just write that out... But, whatever.

best trick is to just open youtube in the browser instead of the retarded app.

...? YouTube app is great and has way more handy features than the website, like browsing videos while docking an existing video in the bottom of the screen, swipe that video up to go back to full screen, or swipe it left to dismiss it.

f8wOIaIl.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom