• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just expierenced another EB moment!

sangreal said:
:lol

I was in there the Friday before Christmas and two parents were ahead of me in line. Their son had asked them for a DS holiday pack or something for christmas because all of his friends were getting DSes. The girl who worked there convinced them to buy a PSP because there is "no comparison" between the two. Poor kid. This was after the parents told her that their son asked for a DS for Christmas.

drinky works for EB :lol

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
marvelharvey said:
"Hey little Timmy, there are 7 of us, want to join in for 8 player Mario Kart? Your parents bought you a PSP? Shit, sorry dude."

These parents have scarred their child for life.

This exact scene basically happened to me on Boxing Day. We always have a family reunion and everyone brings what they got for Christmas. There ended up being 7 DS's and 1 PSP. Everyone ended up playing Mario Kart all day, even the oldies got addicted. The guy with the PSP tried to show it off and his battery died :lol . He just sat in the corner huffing.

Matlock

Banned
Roders5 said:
This exact scene basically happened to me on Boxing Day. We always have a family reunion and everyone brings what they got for Christmas. There ended up being 7 DS's and 1 PSP. Everyone ended up playing Mario Kart all day, even the oldies got addicted. The guy with the PSP tried to show it off and his battery died :lol . He just sat in the corner huffing.

:lol :lol :lol

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Roders5 said:
:lol

renvi

Banned
Roders5 said:
LOL

well i was at the family kwanzaa gathering and some of us brought psps and we were playing socom and this dude shows up with his ds and we were all wtf you're a 20 year old male why do you own a ds fagut and we held him down and pissed in his mouth and he cried but he probably liked it

Matlock

Banned
Drinky Crow said:
well i was at the family kwanzaa gathering and some of us brought psps and we were playing socom and this dude shows up with his ds and we were all wtf you're a 20 year old male why do you own a ds fagut and we held him down and pissed in his mouth and he cried but he probably liked it

what

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Drinky Crow said:
you arent even trying anymore =(

Seriously, though, the DS is what you SETTLE FOR when you don't think your parents will spend $250+ on you at Xmas. That kid'll have the best day of his life when he finds he didn't get the second-rate hardware the dirty poors play on. Getting a DS would be like getting a game.com when you'd expected a GBA, or a Gamecube when you'd hoped for a 360.

Zaptruder

Banned
Drinky Crow said:
Seriously, though, the DS is what you SETTLE FOR when you don't think your parents will spend $250+ on you at Xmas. That kid'll have the best day of his life when he finds he didn't get the second-rate hardware the dirty poors play on. Getting a DS would be like getting a game.com when you'd expected a GBA, or a Gamecube when you'd hoped for a 360.

It's sad to say, but it seems like the PSP is the Mac to DS' PC.

If my numbers at Best Buy are any indication, they make little to no profit on either, and if anything, the DS is the only one I actually get a discount on (less than a dollar btw), so that would tell me the console with the highest profit margin for the store is the DS.

cept that the discount doesnt apply to the PSP for some reason. There seems to be a healthy margin on the PSP for once.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Drinky Crow said:

I have both a DS and PSP and I enjoy the DS alot more, although Nintendo could have atleast attempted to make it look more stylish.

Arluss

Same here. Although, I expect the PSP to get more usage. When a game I actually want to play comes out at some point.

But, right now, Mario Kart is ruling my portable world.

Javaman

I really hope my 2year old son doesn't end up as spoiled as some of the posters in this thread.

"The only thng that saved that fucker was that I loved Bonk's Adventure"

DAMN!

Arluss

There's a trick to that. It's called "good parenting."

If you can raise your kid up to be a good, self sufficient, individual then you've won life.

Good luck on raising him. :)

Top Bottom