• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justice League concept art and scenes impressions. Also for Wonder Woman and Aquaman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been saying this. They're gonna give a blank check to James Wan after he's done with Aquaman. He's gonna make the best movie in the DCEU by a long shot.

Busty

Banned
I always said that, as a character, Aquaman has the most potential in terms of world building and here we are.

Wan is really going to show us something new and the idea of Atlantis being 'Star Wars underwater' with sharks and other sea creatures if ingenious.

An Atlantian soldier riding an armour clad shark, as if it were a motorbike, into battle sounds incredible. I'm already excited for this and I haven't seen a single frame yet.

Bleepey

The first scene was Bruce Wayne working in a huge new warehouse he bought near the harbor. In it, we see what they called on-set “The Flying Fox.” However, it seems this may be the first time we see it in the movie. Bruce is working on the huge plane when Diana walks in. Bruce says that he spent a lot of money on security for this place and she replies that it was worth it, because it took her almost a minute to disable it. She asks what he’s working on and he says a prototype jet used to carry troops. He got it because he thinks there’s a battle coming. “Not coming, Bruce,” she says. “It’s already here.”

Her 1337 hax0r sk1llz have improved a lot since BVS I see.

Bit-Bit

omg I need to see Aquaman riding the Kraken while a pod of Killer Whales back him up.

You guys, this has the potential to be the best DC movie.

Cyborg looks so much better in that promo than he does in the actual film, early CGI and all.

Wonder Woman looks pretty cool, though.

jmdajr

There is a trend forming also.

Affleck gets announced. Internet rage. Turns out to be pretty good.
Gadot gets announced. Internet rage. Looks be a match made in heaven after all.
Momoa gets announced. Internet rage. People saying now its their most to look forward movie.

:D

no lies detected

Momoa gets announced. Internet rage. People saying now its their most to look forward movie.

Seems there's another trend forming as well.

Man of Steel trailer debuts. "Wow that looks awesome!". Turns out to be just okay.
Batman v Superman trailer debuts. "Wow that looks awesome!". Turns out to be subpar.
Suicide Squad trailer debuts. "Wow that looks awesome!". Turns out to be terrible.
Justice League trailer debuts. "Wow that looks awesome!"....

Then again the Wonder Woman trailer response has been somewhat tepid. Maybe that one will end up being fantastic?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
A thread about positive impressions for upcoming DC movies gets a tepid 2 pages response. A thread about how the JL trailer is everything wrong with X and Y gets a 500 plus replies thread.

Never change gaf lol

A thread about positive impressions for upcoming DC movies gets a tepid 2 pages response. A thread about how the JL trailer is everything wrong with X and Y gets a 500 plus replies thread.

Never change gaf lol

Good responses to early press screening/ early screenings in general don't count. Didn't you know? They were either paid off, excited to see it early, or just plain 'ol fanboys.

shrug-gif-114.gif

Blader

Never change gaf lol

Well, everyone who read that Wired article saw the JL trailer. Nobody here, or in most of the world, has seen the WW footage or Aquaman demo reel.

shoreu

I always said that, as a character, Aquaman has the most potential in terms of world building and here we are.

Wan is really going to show us something new and the idea of Atlantis being 'Star Wars underwater' with sharks and other sea creatures if ingenious.

An Atlantian soldier riding an armour clad shark, as if it were a motorbike, into battle sounds incredible. I'm already excited for this and I haven't seen a single frame yet.

Green lantern has him beat lore wise especially after all the work johns has done but I get what your saying

Glass Rebel

Never change gaf lol

That other thread is full of people calling the article bullshit (which it is). DCEU persecution complex in full effect as usual.

inky

Good responses to early press screening/ early screenings in general don't count. Didn't you know? They were either paid off, excited to see it early, or just plain 'ol fanboys.

shrug-gif-114.gif

So instead of using your first post in this thread to comment about the content of the OP, you use it to further some deluded persecution complex and post a meme gif.

Maybe this thread would have way more replies if they were interested in discussing the material more. Maybe DC fans just don't give a shit themselves.

Ross61

We need a bingo board with Persecution Complex on it. I'm starting to think you people don't know what it means and are just following the crowd.

So instead of using your first post in this thread to comment about the content of the OP, you use it to further some deluded persecution complex and post a meme gif.

Maybe this thread would have way more replies if they were interested in discussing the material more. Maybe DC fans just don't give a shit themselves.

If I'm wrong, prove it man. I've not seen you add anything constructive besides pointing out "embarrassing" posts that were obviously jokes and pointing out persecution complexes.

And most of the info is kind of old besides the Aquaman part. Nice that it's all in one place though.

Never change gaf lol

Fanboy of A says gaf is biased in favor of B.

Fanboy of B says gaf is biased in favor of A.

Never change gaf lol.

Betty

Banned

Jesse Eisenberg announced. Tepid Response. Turns out to be shit

Never change gaf lol

Every film has been bad so far though, people are sceptical and rightly so.

No one's stopping the DC fans from enjoying this news though.

Never change gaf lol

Nah, I disagree. There is a precedent. You have to respect it.

I think alot is CGI being finished in some shots and some clearly not.
Looks great here.

Crappy

Oke.

Meh

Yeah, that's most likely why. That or they don't want to give away too many plot spoilers.

Maybe they should have waited a bit longer to release the trailer.... which is easy to say now that we finally have new material.

Alienous

It's a damn shame that Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad to be such a mess first. They loaded some great characters with a lot of baggage that can't just be shaken off.

At least they seem to be getting their act together. Batman, Superman, Joker and Lex Luthor were always going to see new films, but hopefully Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman can also become favourites to non-comic readers.

It's a damn shame that Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad to be such a mess first. They loaded some great characters with a lot of baggage that can't just be shaken off.

At least they seem to be getting their act together. Batman, Superman, Joker and Lex Luthor were always going to see new films, but hopefully Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman can also become favourites to non-comic readers.
If things pan out the way they want it to, I don't think audiences will hold those movies against them. GAF and some Twitter folk won't forget though lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom