• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kadokawa Games announces Root Letter for PS4, PS Vita

Pretty excited for this news, non so much for the game per se (that looks to be right up in my alley, but I should see a bit more before being sold), but from the fact that this kind of game can be announced for worldwide contemporary (almost maybe?) distribution from the start, even if it is a new IP in pretty niche genre.
Hope this can become a widespread trend.

Tizoc

Truth be told the one thing I'm worried about is if the game will have A LOT of generic anime tropes.
DanganRonpa has them but manages to make the characters interesting and the overall events exciting.
I think that's in part due to localization so I'm hoping Kadokawa games delivers with that.

620224mmy6j.jpg

620228ylz9g.jpg

620227i3zp5.jpg

http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2015/11/10/92869.html

Mino Taro is getting work.

At least I doubt threads will be derailed by his designs in these games though =P

Anyway, the murder mystery game sounds interesting imo. I wonder if it will be basically Persona 4 without the RPG parts...

So they're all murderers or potential murderers and you can date them.

Yandere's all the rage these days huh. Nothing quite like an attractive girl brandishing a kitchen knife to get the blood pumping.

So they're all murderers or potential murderers and you can date them.

Yandere's all the rage these days huh. Nothing quite like an attractive girl brandishing a kitchen knife to get the blood pumping.

Tossing in murder is the only way the west would pay these games any attention lol

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
620228ylz9g.jpg

Happy, sad, ghost, demon, alien?!?!?

Am i the only one thinking that those characters look a little too much like Love plus characters?

takoyaki

this looks right up my alley, more mystery VNs are always a good thing!

Going by the limited info from those slides, the game consists of 2 parts:

the Adventure Part, where you try to find her/find out more about her. At least some part of that looks a bit like Ace Attorney: you gather evidence, talk to friends and try to get them to confess what they know about her [in the trailer, she says she has killed someone and the words that pop up in the background say stuff like “is she an angel or the devil”]

the Simulation Part, where you try to win her over. Depending on your answers, your and her life will change and there will be multiple endings. [The slide doesn’t mention if you can date other people besides the girl from the trailer]

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
More like Happy/Concerned/Depressed/Demonic/"Oh fuck, she's gonna kill me!"

I get that the ghost icon(it's certainly a ghost because of that triangle on the head)
main@2x.png

could mean depressed, but why an alien icon(a grey for reference)
Greyface.jpg

for killing intentions?

I get that the ghost icon(it's certainly a ghost because of that triangle on the head)
imgres

could mean depressed, but why an alien icon for killing intentions?

Aren't they going for a skeleton image there no? To signify death.

I dunno. I wasn't really being serious with that post anyway. I'm pretty sure that image on the far right means game over of some kind though.

Well, this is exciting, if only because I wonder what's going on with the worldwide release of these.

Long-term partnership with NISA? Or is that yet another one that's been dissolved because they're setting up an overseas publishing arm?

Anyway, interested in everything that's been announced today :)

Gizuko

Life finds a way
After konami

Where are their shadows?

If you look closely at their feet they have very faint shadows. I don't know if this is hinting at the girl being a ghost or simply hinting at the "shadow quality" setting for the Vita version :p

Just kidding, if this truly is a VN why would they even have such a setting

Kudo

Man, all these announcements seem really interesting.
Love the heroine(?) designs for Demon Gaze II and Root Letter.

klee123

Wow, an SRPG and a Visual novel announced for worldwide release at their debuts.

What has the world come to?!?!?

Seeing the word "worldwide" in the OP made me do a double take, roll back a few years and this is the exact sort of game that would never get localised. Well you've got my money for Root Letter, Kadokawa, I'll also keep a close eye on God Wars.

robotnik

So God Wars is this from last year.

"Project Code: Tsukiyomi, is a simulation RPG themed around Japanese mythology."

What about this?

"Project Code: Daten, is a dungeon RPG themed around the Cthulu mythos"
Demon Gaze 2?
Nope. Demon Gaze 2 was already announced by then.

ShyMel

I'm very interested in this. Super excited that it's getting a worldwide release as well. Wonder who is releasing it in USA/Europe.

This looks super interesting. In for the Vita version. Cannot believe they announced WW release for a VN though lol. Also that logo is awsome.

Yasumi

Banned
I need this soooo bad. It looks like a higher budget Special Investigations Division with a smidge of Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters. If it turns out well, day 1

Otome are only three of almost ten visual novels we have so far, not counting the upcoming ones.

Speaking of otome games, I have just been made aware of Bad Apple Wars which is releasing in Japan next week from Otomate. It looks attractive enough that I hope someone, Aksys or Idea Factory International or whoever, brings it over to the West. Who wouldn't want to play a game with music as rad as this?

Top Bottom