• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kalashnikov opens souvenir shop in airport near Moscow that sells replica guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://time.com/4462987/kalashnikov-souvenir-shop-moscow-airport/

The gunmaker Kalashnikov has opened a store in Moscow’s Sheremetyevo airport, selling souvenirs that include plastic model guns and “I love AK” T-shirts.

By the end of 2016, 200 civilian goods, including weapon prototypes, glasses and headphones designed for target shooting, caps, sweatshirts, pens, bags and other souvenirs bearing the Kalashnikov symbols will be available to buy.

“‘Kalashnikov’ is one of the most popular brands that springs to mind when people all around the world come to think about Russia,” said Kalashnikov’s Marketing Director Vladimir Dmitriev in a statement on the website. “That is why we are happy to give everyone who comes to visit Russia an opportunity to take home a souvenir with a Kalashnikov logo.”

“We hope that people would highly evaluate our initiative and buy our company souvenirs as a memory of their trip,” he added.

An airport official told Reuters that the model guns—automatic pistols and rifles—would “very clearly be imitations and pose no security problems.
”

A4A9RFC.jpg

wwjbIXC.jpg

KPJHcUw.jpg

FN2aEYk.jpg

R9K4Azl.jpg

OXrZosp.jpg

Palmer_v1

Oh cool, they opened it up right next to my luggage store, Wires 'N Things!

Our suitcase specialty is eletrical wiring that you can use to tie down your belongings in a more secure manner for travel! For self-promotion, some of these wires will even stick out of your bag. Customize yours today!

Ominym

Banned
I think I read that what he is doing in this gif is fine given the context and he is quite experienced with guns. Is that true?

It doesn't matter how experienced you are because mistakes happen regardless of expertise. You should never, ever look down the barrel of a gun.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I think I read that what he is doing in this gif is fine given the context and he is quite experienced with guns. Is that true?

Your head isn't going to magically absorb a bullet because you have experience. Gun 101 will tell you never point your gun, loaded or not, at anything you don't intend to shoot.

Under no circumstances should you ever aim the open barrel of a replica or real weapon towards anything you don't intend to kill. There is no telling if it is loaded or swapped with a real weapon.

As far as the show though, it's Top Gear so everything is planned ahead for comedy's sake.

Piggus

Well the bolt carrier was removed, so there'd be no chance of it firing even if it were real. However that's not really the point. Establishing good gun safety habits is really important.

EDIT: Ah, you're talking about the TG gif.

Nopppppe not okay at all.

I hope tourists buying from that place check their local laws. Australia bans replica guns completely (wtf) and I know Canada bans realistic non-firing replicas (but BB/pellet guns and airsoft are perfectly fine to buy)

Yes, assuming he had already completed several other steps to ensure the gun was unloaded and safe.

I typically only complete this step when there is no other safe method to ensure the bore is clear. You'll find a lot of debate on this topic in various circles. Examining the bore for obstructions is usually the final step in ensuring a gun is safe (for storage, transport, or repair/maintenance). The main factor is the type of firearm - with revolvers or break-action firearms there simply wouldn't be a purpose for looking down the barrel (with it pointed toward your face) to check the bore.

Many people use a bore light, bore snake, or cleaning rod to complete this step. Others will scoff at this and state that you aren't checking rifling or for rust (or other damage / minor obstructions - which are rare after doing a complete safety of the firearm followed by the use of a bore snake).

Sorry this is a bit OT.

That airport is briefed, yes.

Your destination, probably not so much.

If replica guns are legal where you live (most places) then it might be very awkward but you'll get through. Dunno why a couple of people here have a problem with this. Having a replica gun can only get you shot if you're being a fucking idiot and waving it around in public.

RS4-

If replica guns are legal where you live (most places) then it might be very awkward but you'll get through. Dunno why a couple of people here have a problem with this. Having a replica gun can only get you shot if you're being a fucking idiot and waving it around in public.

American cops disagree.

Wolfe

Yes, assuming he had already completed several other steps to ensure the gun was unloaded and safe.

I typically only complete this step when there is no other safe method to ensure the bore is clear. You'll find a lot of debate on this topic in various circles. Examining the bore for obstructions is usually the final step in ensuring a gun is safe (for storage, transport, or repair/maintenance). The main factor is the type of firearm - with revolvers or break-action firearms there simply wouldn't be a purpose for looking down the barrel (with it pointed toward your face) to check the bore.

Many people use a bore light, bore snake, or cleaning rod to complete this step. Others will scoff at this and state that you aren't checking rifling or for rust (or other damage / minor obstructions - which are rare after doing a complete safety of the firearm followed by the use of a bore snake).

Sorry this is a bit OT.

Wouldn't you prefer using a handheld mirror to inspect the barrel?

Just disagree that it's ever a necessary thing.

American cops disagree.

If the replica is stored safely even the trigger happy US law enforcement will be cool with it. Here in Europe airsoft and replica guns in general are extremely popular and we don't have any major issues caused by them. If anything only over 18s should be able to buy these. Too many stupid kids being irresponsible with them and risking their own lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom