• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamen Rider Battride War (PS3) announced in Dengeki Playstation [Details]

It's not a Musou game, it is not developed by Omega Force. It is a 3D action game where you fight a bunch of enemies either on foot or on a bike. It's a crossover 3D action Kamen Rider game.

well, as long as the bike handles better than Hokuto Musou's bikes ;D

Tiu Neo

So, I imagine it will be something like that Saint Seiya "musou" game, but with Kamen Rider and bikes?

Yes. Yes. YES. I want it!

Hope they put Showa Kamen Riders in it, I want to play as Black :(

vareon

Meanwhile, the teaser is Hardboileder:

n8rEa.jpg

squall23

G3-X is one of the only few riders to have ever fought more than 1 major enemy at once and not fail at it, he better be in this.

Drencrom

Listen, at this point Famitsu has to know that Western fans follow the magazine for big news. That they insist on continuously hyping up shit Japan-only reveals is fucking infuriating. I mean, who the fuck do they think they are - some people spent hours getting hyped on here, and other forums - and it's a fucking Kamen Rider Musou game for PS3? What the fuck is that shit?

This is just more proof to me that the Japanese gaming industry and media has no concept of their Western fanbase, and certainly even less respect for them. I refuse to buy another fucking Japanese game until Famitsu apologizes for this. The Japanese industry is becoming increasingly more irrelevant and this is the best scoop they have for us? Fuck them.

iTgIbLeZLSCin.gif

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Game's coming out in may and no screens or teaser yet?

duckroll

Game's coming out in may and no screens or teaser yet?

It was revealed in this week's game magazines. There might be direct feed stuff within a few hours, and the official site might open tomorrow. Until then, the only available media are scans, which are not allowed on this forum.

duckroll

Yeah talking about scans is fine. I like the realistic look they're going for, and it seems to represent the franchise well. Hopefully it plays as well as it looks. Lol.

vareon

The scan shows Fourze with his Rocket Switch fighting in a familiar Toku hills (you know that one). It also shows Kabuto fighting a bunch of Worms, first in his Extender, then in Masked form, then in Rider form. I can only read Katakana a bit but I think I read "Form Change" there.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I bet it's DIMPS.

Has DIMPS ever worked on a game with a more "realistic" style, though? I thought their forte was more cel-shaded/stylized stuff.

I mean, I guess as long as it's not shitty, I'm fine with DIMPS. Maybe they learned some stuff from Saint Seiya.

duckroll

Has DIMPS ever worked on a game with a more "realistic" style, though? I thought their forte was more cel-shaded/stylized stuff.

I mean, I guess as long as it's not shitty, I'm fine with DIMPS. Maybe they learned some stuff from Saint Seiya.

They worked on Gundam Operation Troy on 360 and Dragonball Evolution (LOL) on PSP. They probably just use whatever art style clients want, and take whatever work they can get anyway.

Listen, at this point GameInformer has to know that Eastern fans follow the magazine for big news. That they insist on continuously hyping up shit America-only reveals is fucking infuriating. I mean, who the fuck do they think they are - some people spent hours getting hyped on here, and other forums - and it's a fucking South Park game for Xbox 360? What the fuck is that shit?

This is just more proof to me that the American gaming industry and media has no concept of their Eastern fanbase, and certainly even less respect for them. I refuse to buy another fucking American game until GameInformer apologizes for this. The American industry is becoming increasingly more irrelevant and this is the best scoop they have for us? Fuck them.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I wonder if there's any chance of this being available as a digital download on JPSN as well as retail. Probably not, but it'd make importing it quite a bit easier.

TreIII

In any event if all someone wants is combos then this isn't for them. Thats not what the game is for. Think of it as an evolution of the old beat em ups at the arcade and you'll understand the fun factor. Think Final Fight not DMC 4.

I hear what you're saying, and while I agree with the majority of your statements? I will attest that there are people like myself who enjoy exploiting what these games are capable of, in as much a fashion that you can do so in games like Final Fight, Guardian Heroes and etc.

For the sake of "Musou-style" games, I would say that what's more important than high combo counts is how you are able to customize your character(s) so that you can make for an ideal setup that suits your "style". Want to make an immovable juggernaut that can just mow things down in their path? A more defensive sort that can just COUNTER everything on the screen as soon as the poor AI falls into your trap? Or how about a character layout that plays right to combo fiends who love to exploit jump-cancels and the like, keeping combos going for as long as possible? Etc., etc.? The best of these games (especially SB3/Utage and MO2/WO3) allow you to do just that. And that's why I love them so, in an arena completely separate from why I love Bayonetta and the like.

There is actually a layer of depth that these games possess that belies their mashy nature. It's just not in the form of anything akin to DMC, Ninja Gaiden and etc. Which is just fine, because Musou-likes were never trying to be like them.

shaowebb

Just saw the scans on Henshin Justice and wow the graphics DO look nice. Really smooth models and good textures. It even shows Kabuto able to do "Cast Off". Here's hoping that counts as an attack. I always dug the whole "Change Beetle" line into exploding armor attack.

Game looks good. Can't wait to see gameplay footage next.

Weird, I really hated Meteor. his suit was too clunky for good fights, his character was an asshole, and his final form was shit.

His driver was pretty cool though.

WillyFive

Meteor was cool. His starting design was also great. But of course, like all secondary Riders, he became irrelevant once the main Rider upgraded beyond him. They even ended his secret identity storyline early. His super form was lame though, I'll agree to that.

HardRojo

Famitsu just shot themselves in the foot.

I don’t know how much the rest of you know about international journalistic culture (I’m an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It’s not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole to your readers, it doesn't work that way when you appeal to the masses overseas. If you screw over international readers, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the foreign public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase these magazines, nor will they purchase any of Famitsu's other offerings. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Famitsu has alienated an entire market with this move.

Famitsu, publicly apologize and switch these announcements to a more global audience or you can kiss you business goodbye

duckroll

Out of all the Heisei era series, the only ones not confirmed in the magazines and the site teases so far are Ryuki, 555, Blade, and Decade. I'll say there's a pretty good chance they're all in it anyway. 14 series isn't really that much.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Out of all the Heisei era series, the only ones not confirmed in the magazines and the site teases so far are Ryuki, 555, Blade, and Decade. I'll say there's a pretty good chance they're all in it anyway. 14 series isn't really that much.

Yeah, it'd seem silly not to just throw them all in, really. I'm sure they're all there.

shaowebb

Famitsu just shot themselves in the foot.

I don’t know how much the rest of you know about international journalistic culture (I’m an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It’s not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole to your readers, it doesn't work that way when you appeal to the masses overseas. If you screw over international readers, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the foreign public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase these magazines, nor will they purchase any of Famitsu's other offerings. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Famitsu has alienated an entire market with this move.

Famitsu, publicly apologize and switch these announcements to a more global audience or you can kiss you business goodbye

Lol at the doomsday post parody. I always love seeing that thing reposted.

Anyhow those scans are awesome. I can't wait till we get our first trailer. Is it confirmed region free yet? If it is I'll start setting up funds for a PS3 and build toward the import. Would I even be able to access the DLC for it though if I did that on a US console?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Lol at the doomsday post parody. I always love seeing that thing reposted.

Anyhow those scans are awesome. I can't wait till we get our first trailer. Is it confirmed region free yet? If it is I'll start setting up funds for a PS3 and build toward the import. Would I even be able to access the DLC for it though if I did that on a US console?

There's only one PS3 game that's not region-free (Persona 4 Arena). I'd be more than willing to bet that Battleride War is region free. As for the DLC (if there is DLC), you can just set up a Japanese PSN account and get JPSN codes through either Play-Asia or (my preference) Japan Codes Store. It's all quite easy to do.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Listen, at this point Famitsu has to know that Western fans follow the magazine for big news. That they insist on continuously hyping up shit Japan-only reveals is fucking infuriating. I mean, who the fuck do they think they are - some people spent hours getting hyped on here, and other forums - and it's a fucking Kamen Rider Musou game for PS3? What the fuck is that shit?

This is just more proof to me that the Japanese gaming industry and media has no concept of their Western fanbase, and certainly even less respect for them. I refuse to buy another fucking Japanese game until Famitsu apologizes for this. The Japanese industry is becoming increasingly more irrelevant and this is the best scoop they have for us? Fuck them.

You are delirious. Why would a Japanese magazine only published in Japan care at all what western gamers are excited about? They hyped their own audience. Western gamers are starting to think they're way way more important than they really are.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
You are delirious. Why would a Japanese magazine only published in Japan care at all what western gamers are excited about? They hyped their own audience. Western gamers are starting to think they're way way more important than they really are.

You've, uh...missed a few things here on GAF, haven't ya, thetrin? :lol

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
What'd I miss? :O

That post you quoted is a parody of this post, which in turn was a parody of a GameFAQs post. It's been re-purposed many, many times in the years since then. :lol

It was used in this thread as a parody of a post much earlier in the thread that I'm pretty sure was also just trolling. :lol

EDIT: Wait, no...christ, I read the post you quoted as the post I posted up there...god I've been on GAF too long. But yeah, the post you quoted is almost assuredly trolling. :lol

I'ma go hang my head in shame now. >_>

Platy

Anyone have an easy link for those awesome images with ALL kamen riders in the same image ?

A friend thinks "black rx" has huge chances of appearing just because "it is one of the 6 kamen riders aired here .. how much more there are ?" and I want to make his mind explode in an awesome way =3

Top Bottom