• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamya rage moment about Switch

nikolino840

PQyIMHe.jpg

Delete if already posted...and a mod can make a correction in the title about Kamiya's name ?

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

Kamiya can fuck off. He's always complaining and shitting on everything like if he's the superior
He comes off like a gigantic asshole alright. Imagine getting that upset about a menu.

Plenty of other switch related things to get upset about.

Last edited:

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Yes I can see it's a problem for many but not for me. Still, there's a better way to say it
Oh no doubt he could have not been a prick about it and put Ninty on blast

But the dude's got a very valid point lol
If you end up buying a lot of games, you can't have folders to organize them which becomes a big pain, which is likely what he's referring to

Saruhashi

Banned
To be fair the home menu is a bit rubbish.

I think the same could be said for both PS4 and Xbox also?

I never got the point of having themes for specific games on offer for PS4 when you can't see the damn theme properly anyway.
"Preorder now and get a cool theme that will be obscured by the giant icons running right across the middle of the screen.

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
He's correct although there is a reason for that and Nintendo explained it.

They wanted to keep the OS as light as possible, and it's currently like one of the lightest OSes ever made, that was basically their response to the negative feedbacks to the Wii U OS which was incredibly slow and heavy.

Adding animations and other fancy stuff would have compromised that goal.

mcjmetroid

It's a shit UI, no doubt though. This gens UI have all needed some serious overhaul because they just go from bad to worse.

PS4 > Switch > XB1 in terms of bad to worse UI.
I mean it's not brilliant but it's simple to use and that's all it needs to be.

I'll agree with the lack of themes, lack of multimedia support and the eshop layout being an issue but beyond that it's not a massive deal I don't think.

If he wants to whinge about something and be an edgelord then give out about joy con drift or the lack of a browser, or the piss poor shop layout or plenty of anything else.

I've never played the xb1 but I've heard stories of how bad it is.

Deft Beck

Most people who own game consoles rarely play more than 12 games, max. Enthusiasts need folders, but they tend to take a while to come to consoles because it's not a priority for the OS engineers due to the previous statement.

Then again, this thinking could be dated, since mobile app stores' surplus of games warrants folders on mobile devices.

Sybb

Banned
I think it's exaggerrated to write something like that, based on not having all games in a single menu. It's not a deal breaker, so why lash out about it like that? But Kamiya will be Kamiya.

Enjay

Banned
He must have just recently gotten around to turning his on, which is understandable as mine hasn't been used since December 2018. Also wtf is he talking about when he asks if they played nintendo fanboy's switch?

Ten_Fold

I mean could be worse lol, I got confused when I used the xbox one for the first time just looking for shit lol.

Blond

Banned
It won't be Microsoft. Their last outing resulted in them forcing Inaba to force Kamiya to write these tweets which ended up being lies tbh.

EEEEYIKES

I've never seen these but those tweets are clearly not him behind the keyboard. The use of English there is clearly someone trying to type on his behalf and pass it off as him. The comma, period usage not to mention that usage of too are WAY to proper for him.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
He's correct although there is a reason for that and Nintendo explained it.

They wanted to keep the OS as light as possible, and it's currently like one of the lightest OSes ever made, that was basically their response to the negative feedbacks to the Wii U OS which was incredibly slow and heavy.

Adding animations and other fancy stuff would have compromised that goal.

You are basically calling them incompetent or technically inefficient which is not fair IMHO.

Switch, even in portable mode, is running on a LOT faster HW than PS Vita, for example, and with quite a lot more RAM too and yet say what you want, but PS Vita OS UI was lighting fast and had lots of player focused features and animations too.

720p OS UI when the device is in docked mode?!?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I mean it’s bear bones but it’s also functional and super fast. I guess the only thing I would want is folders.

The e shop on the other hand.

EShop partially suffers because it is yet another HTML5 e store and because of choices like not having a shopping cart have still to be addressed. Still, sure it is functional and fast, but given the HW it runs on (vs say PS Vita) it is a bit of a low bar IMHO. Also, 720p UI in docked mode?!

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
You are basically calling them incompetent or technically inefficient which is not fair IMHO.

Switch, even in portable mode, is running on a LOT faster HW than PS Vita, for example, and with quite a lot more RAM too and yet say what you want, but PS Vita OS UI was lighting fast and had lots of player focused features and animations too.

720p OS UI when the device is in docked mode?!?
Exactly. It’s literally tile icons, how slow can it be? It’s not like Sony or Microsoft which build in adds, music, animations in background, TV apps, game streaming apps. It’s a plain screen with no sound and image files output at 720p docked. It’s so backwards.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
I fired up my Wii U the other day and was surprised to find I liked the menu set up more. I also liked when you start a game, there's a loading wallpaper and a little song snippet from the game; it feels classy. The Switch feels barren and boring.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The menu on Switch is nothing special and has no extra features and basically bare bones but one thing I really like about it is that it fast, smooth and on point and all I want is get to my games as fast as possible I never mess around with any of the "extra features" on my other consoles.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I agree that SONY has the better main menu however you shouldn't be stuck at the menu of any system.

3DS had a great menu system. I don't understand why the Switch's sucks so bad, aside from some directive for it to be as "simple" as possible.

Top Bottom