• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kancolle Community |OT| - Torpedo Cruiser? I hardly knew 'er.

StayDead

Do you have good ASW gears to enable preemptive depth charge?

Mine BCFGI:
DD: Inazuma 63 (full AACI)
CVL: Shouhou 60 (torps bomber x 2 + fighter + saiun)
FBB: Hiei 76 (DA)
DD: Satsuki 84 (full ASW)
CL: Naka 64 (full ASW)
DD: Ikazuchi 63 (full AACI)

FBB for double shelling, both Naka and Satsuki(replaceable with Jintsuu/Isuzu/Abukuma/Asashio KND) are enough for boss. (2 x preemptive, 4 x normal). One of the DD can be equipped with full ASW if not enough for additional 2 x normal ASW.
Oh, if some ship got taiha on C node, don't give up, last 20 runs, only 2 times I got taiha there. Others getting S rank in boss node. My search for Mizuho continues...

Seems I'm using the wrong setup! *changes*

Draxal

Nice. I guess you have all rare drops from E-1 already.
Where in E-2 pudding drops? Erk.. boss node.

I'm still in E-1E. BCFGI route. Trying for Mizuho still.
20 runs, finished 50 transport map quest from E1 alone, no rare ship in sight... not even Maruyu.

Well, I don't have the sub. But i didn't care about it that much, especially if the rumor of it coming back in the following months is true, and farming Eugen was much more important for me.

Anyway got Eugen. Going to farm map 1 some more (just for the transport weekly reset and finish E2 on Hard.

Probably going to drop to med for e3 and e4.

anderedna

Well, I don't have the sub. But i didn't care about it that much, especially if the rumor of it coming back in the following months is true, and farming Eugen was much more important for me.

Anyway got Eugen. Going to farm map 1 some more (just for the transport weekly reset and finish E2 on Hard.

Probably going to drop to med for e3 and e4.

Congrats on Eugen. Yeah I want that ship as well.

Got the sub but I'm still farming at E1. Mizuho and Akitsumaru evades me for a long time. I even got Taihou from LSC but Akitsumaru still missing. Still got 2 weeks to go. I'll take my time for now.

Watching the stream, E3 and E4 will be on easy. I'll try medium but easy seems the way for me. Especially E4.

Edit: ~80 runs, no Mizuho nor Akitsumaru, or even 2nd Nimu. Plenty of Imuya, Goya, Iku, & Hachi. A bit salty now.

anderedna

100 E1 runs unlocked!

Nice drop:
- 1 I-26
- 1 Akitsushima (I already have one tho, but I'll still keep her for another Taitei-chan)

Scrapped/modernized fuels:
- Mogami sisters. All 4 of them
- Kongou sisters. Yes, all 4 of them.
- 15+ Imuya, 15+ Goya, 5+ Iku, 5+ Hachi
- Yamashiro, Fusou, Ise, Hyuuga
- Fubuki sisters (please stop dropping)
- 5 Kinu

Today will be my last day farming E1. Hopefully I'll get Mizuho and Akitsumaru by today.
Resourse left: 180k fuel, 120k ammo, 155k steel, 100k bauxite and 1180 buckets.

StayDead

One Kirishima dropped for me in E1. Outside of that its nothing good and even then she was fodder to modernise my new Hibiki k2.

Nimu pls

EDIT: YES! YES! NIMU GET! :D

anderedna

One Kirishima dropped for me in E1. Outside of that its nothing good and even then she was fodder to modernise my new Hibiki k2.

Nimu pls

EDIT: YES! YES! NIMU GET! :D

Congrats lol :), now clear it on Hard... maybe not if your resource not that plenty.

Finally cleared E1 on hard. Used like 40 buckets since I was stubborn and insist of not using Isuzu, Asashio and Jintsuu. I suddenly got something to do in RL so I got no choice but to clear it. See you next time Mizuho & Akitsumaru. I'll probably try again after I cleared the event, if I got extra resources left.

StayDead

I'm going to probably clear it on Medium since I don't have the resources for Hard.

Gotta now get to E-4 and finish that. Gotta get me Warspite!

Draxal

Event cleared.

E1 and E2 on hard.

E3 and E4 on easy (the rewards on medium didn't seem worth the hassle).

In addition to Eugen, got Aquila and a dupe Unryuu on the same chip run in E4.

anderedna

Lol at E1 hard, all those subs in boss node are Oscar type(sub in A node 1-5). All of them confirmed hit, whatever the formation you choose, so need a lot of preemptive ASW.

So fast clearing the event. 14 days left anyway. I'm taking it slow.
E3 ginga looks nice but double BB hime scares me. I'll probably go easy as well, will try medium for a few times tho.

Tried a few runs(20) on E2 easy, no pudding nor Kashima for me yet.
Got 2 melons, 2 yayoi, 1 uzuki, 1 nagato and 1 mutsu. Hopefully I won't be doing 100+ runs again here.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I've been trying to get some Akitsumari and all I've been getting are Maruyu. I'm probably going to move on to E2 after I clear the transport weekly.

anderedna

I've been trying to get some Akitsumari and all I've been getting are Maruyu. I'm probably going to move on to E2 after I clear the transport weekly.

Oh I know that feeling. At least you got yourself some Maruyu. I got null on both after 100+ runs :'(
Heading to the same direction here in E2... sigh

resource is at 60k for fuel/ammo... time to start event tomorrow lol
event ends on 31st august 11 am jst btw, so plan urself well or get a risk missing warspite

StayDead

Im just going for the easy clear due to my resources and I want Warspite. Thankfully I got Nimu at least before trying to move on.

anderedna

!!!

Tokitsukaze dropped. I'm less salty now.

Edit: Uhh... that's it right, I used my luck and all I got is a Tokitsukaze. No way I'm getting other rare ships on E2 right? Sigh... back to being salty.

ubercheez

Sweet, finally got Nimu. That took waaaay too many runs. Also got a Maruyu, Akitsumaru (new), and Mikuma (new) while I was at it, so not bad in all I guess.

Time to actually start the event now, heh.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't think it as bad, it's just surviving the night battle node that's tricky.
Final form has two Tsu Elites and you reach there with 0 fuel unless you p2w with the green drums. It's wacky. lol

That said, there's a "cheat" that you can do to beat the boss without it reaching final comp, but you need to basically "time" your hits on the boss during your chipping runs by making sure you don't get it under 200 HP.

I'm not sure if I want to do it on hard... the only flip side that at least it's only a 4 map event so outside of farming RNG, you shouldn't go broke like a lot of people did last event.

anderedna

That was like my fifth Uzuki dropped, all scrapped. Urakaze also scrapped. (I already have both)

No pudding, no Kashima even when I used best bait for her (Z1, Z3). Salty farming continues...

Edit: Oh well, lets try normal for some luck. FIrst try...
phGjASA.png
And E2 hard chipping the TP

Now I can go full drum run.

StayDead

Having to do E-2 on easy, because I forgot about ship locking and I don't have enough good ships to deal with that still. 1 boss kill off of moving on. Once I've got warspite I'll come back and farm Prinz.

anderedna

Having to do E-2 on easy, because I forgot about ship locking and I don't have enough good ships to deal with that still. 1 boss kill off of moving on. Once I've got warspite I'll come back and farm Prinz.

Hey, E2 doesn't even have boss last form and doesn't even need to kill. Your main objective is getting through preboss node and slowly chipping the bar. My only good ship that I used was Kiso and Akatsuki. Z1, Z3 are just there to carry drums, AV for air superiority and Nagara was there to level her a bit for that 5-1 map quest :'(
LBAS on I node all the way and pray.

Normal should be doable and have medal as reward. Yeah just Hien and that goddess, not worthy enough. However farming ships on normal+ has better chance from my experience, 1 try on normal to get Eugen and 3 tries on hard to get Kashima. 50 tries on easy just rewarded me with Tokitsukaze.

E2H done. Tonight will move to E3. I'll go on normal there. Time for another boatload of salty runs for Aquila.

StayDead

Hey, E2 doesn't even have boss last form and doesn't even need to kill. Your main objective is getting through preboss node and slowly chipping the bar. My only good ship that I used was Kiso and Akatsuki. Z1, Z3 are just there to carry drums, AV for air superiority and Nagara was there to level her a bit for that 5-1 map quest :'(
LBAS on I node all the way and pray.

Normal should be doable and have medal as reward. Yeah just Hien and that goddess, not worthy enough. However farming ships on normal+ has better chance from my experience, 1 try on normal to get Eugen and 3 tries on hard to get Kashima. 50 tries on easy just rewarded me with Tokitsukaze.

E2H done. Tonight will move to E3. I'll go on normal there. Time for another boatload of salty runs for Aquila.

Once I've cleared the level I can't change it to normal can I? Ah well, I think I'm too far in to attempt resetting and going on normal. I could scrape together some other DDs to take the barrels and use Jintsuu instead of Sendai/KTKM instead of Ooi, but I'm worried about my resources for the later levels.

Is it worth switching just to see if I can get the Hien? Only thing with farming normal as well is that do you only get the rare drops from bosses if you S rank them? I've got one more run of easy to finish, so if I can switch I'll switch today if I should still be fine.

Once I've cleared the level I can't change it to normal can I? Ah well, I think I'm too far in to attempt resetting and going on normal. I could scrape together some other DDs to take the barrels and use Jintsuu instead of Sendai/KTKM instead of Ooi, but I'm worried about my resources for the later levels.

Is it worth switching just to see if I can get the Hien? Only thing with farming normal as well is that do you only get the rare drops from bosses if you S rank them? I've got one more run of easy to finish, so if I can switch I'll switch today if I should still be fine.

no. once you clear it is locked to that difficulty

anderedna

Yeah, you'll be locked on easy. Hien is meh, only for LB, 3 range lulz. Even the hard reward doesn't seem too useful. I was wrong before about the goddess, it's an expansion slot actually. Quite useful for adding a slot to a ship for damecon.

So far, rare drops usually only on S rank. Doesn't matter perfect S or not. If you're worried about the resources, just clear it on easy. You could come back later to farm for rare ship if there's extra resource. Just focus on clearing the event.

Still Fubuki as MC. Why not poi, or zekamashi.
Hope she'll get kai ni A/B/D.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The thing with the reward planes is that until they make a way to build them, there's no other way to get them. The bombers are more important than the intercept fighters, although this event we finally have a use for them.

Yeah, you'll be locked on easy. Hien is meh, only for LB, 3 range lulz. Even the hard reward doesn't seem too useful. I was wrong before about the goddess, it's an expansion slot actually. Quite useful for adding a slot to a ship for damecon.

So far, rare drops usually only on S rank. Doesn't matter perfect S or not. If you're worried about the resources, just clear it on easy. You could come back later to farm for rare ship if there's extra resource. Just focus on clearing the event.

Still Fubuki as MC. Why not poi, or zekamashi.
Hope she'll get kai ni A/B/D.

why would they change MC since this is basically continues after anime ends lol

anderedna

why would they change MC since this is basically continues after anime ends lol

Just for the lol.

Tried E3 normal. 2nd node, Hatsuzuki chuuha. Why did I use CTF lol.
I should use STF right? I got 7 historical ships. Kongou, Haruna, Mikuma, Kumano, Suzuya, Chokai and Fubuki. Can anyone post their setup?

EDIT: Tried E3 on easy. Seriously, even easy is hard. How can someone farm Aquila?

Draxal

Just for the lol.

Tried E3 normal. 2nd node, Hatsuzuki chuuha. Why did I use CTF lol.
I should use STF right? I got 7 historical ships. Kongou, Haruna, Mikuma, Kumano, Suzuya, Chokai and Fubuki. Can anyone post their setup?

EDIT: Tried E3 on easy. Seriously, even easy is hard. How can someone farm Aquila?

I went

Kongou/Haruna/Suzuya/kumano/Maya/Zuikaku KNB; Ooyodo (2 guns 2WG)/Kitakami (2 guns/kyo)/Fubuki(guns+radar)/Kasumi (each type of daihatsu didn't have a third WG)/Mogami/Choukai.

Each of the cavs had a type 3 with a recon plane (seaplanes get shot up). It's alot easy to farm after you clear the event, having three bases makes it alot easier (I send an airbase to the boss node, the hime node, and the wo kai node).

anderedna

I went

Kongou/Haruna/Suzuya/kumano/Maya/Zuikaku KNB; Ooyodo (2 guns 2WG)/Kitakami (2 guns/kyo)/Fubuki(guns+radar)/Kasumi (each type of daihatsu didn't have a third WG)/Mogami/Choukai.

Each of the cavs had a type 3 with a recon plane (seaplanes get shot up). It's alot easy to farm after you clear the event, having three bases makes it alot easier (I send an airbase to the boss node, the hime node, and the wo kai node).

Thanks. Did you clear on easy or normal?
Now I can use my LBAS. I set them to defense until last run. Finally able to trigger the debuff (heard the quest sound). A and D on normal and AB defense on easy, so I can say that debuff carries across difficulty.

My fleet, got AS+ on all node, might be pointless achieving that:

- Suzuya is low level since I just got her again. (used the previous one level 60+ for modernization since I got Mikuma)
- Abukuma setup definitely wrong. I only got 1 WG. Yuu farming last event only gave me one after 5 days.
- Got Maya at 90+, all three CVB, Ooyodo at 60+, Kasumi at 90, KTKM and Ooi 95. No other alternative for historical as Kinu is just level 12 and Mogamin and other DD was insta scrapped.
- Haven't run any support expedition as well.

Any advice for me? Also setup for your Zuikaku. You went for AS only right? For LBAS, is LB/LB/Torp/Fighter for both base good?

Draxal

I did easy since medium only gives screws and the aa gun from Warspite. I believe I did LB/LB/LB/Fighter and Torp/Torp/Torp/Torp. Double battleship hime has no air support/antiair ci.

anderedna

Yeah I'm running E3 easy as well. That AA gun doesn't look too useful. Also it come with Warspite Kai.

BB himes are not a joke, yes. The node before also no joke as well.

Now I use LB/LB/Ryuusei Kai/Ryuusei on AB1 and LB/LB/Ryuusei Kai/Tenzan Tomo on AB2 and sent all to H node, clearing the trash but only give a dent on both BB. Will Zuiun helps here?
1 fleet: Swapped Ryuusei with AACI Maya and Junyou with Taihou and got at least AS on all nodes which is great(Doesn't eat a lot of bauxite)
2 fleet: Kai'ed Suzuya and she's more useful now. Swapped Hatsuzuki with Kasumi with (Tank x 2 + WG). Abubear with night DA.

Able to S rank both H and boss node(I got
Natori :'(
). I'll try to clear this map tonight.

StayDead

Yeah I'm running E3 easy as well. That AA gun doesn't look too useful. Also it come with Warspite Kai.

BB himes are not a joke, yes. The node before also no joke as well.

Now I use LB/LB/Ryuusei Kai/Ryuusei on AB1 and LB/LB/Ryuusei Kai/Tenzan Tomo on AB2 and sent all to H node, clearing the trash but only give a dent on both BB. Will Zuiun helps here?
1 fleet: Swapped Ryuusei with AACI Maya and Junyou with Taihou and got at least AS on all nodes which is great(Doesn't eat a lot of bauxite)
2 fleet: Kai'ed Suzuya and she's more useful now. Swapped Hatsuzuki with Kasumi with (Tank x 2 + WG). Abubear with night DA.

Able to S rank both H and boss node(I got
Natori :'(
). I'll try to clear this map tonight.

Have you got a screenshot of your fleet like the one the guy posted before? It's useful to look at.

anderedna

Have you got a screenshot of your fleet like the one the guy posted before? It's useful to look at.

Like my last one?

Wait, Maya setup is not so good lol, won't even have night DA as she's in 1st fleet. Might as well goes full AACI there.
Edit: Note to self, if CV/CVB taiha on H, better retreat or else boss node will greet you with AI status and you'll see a lot of red ships.

Last dance, just switch Zuikaku KNA with Taihou, equips all the same:

No farming in this map required :)
Now just need to finish the last map for all ships.

Draxal

Grats, last map is easier than third map imho. You can still get trolled but not nearly as much as the third map. Probably worth trying on med since you don't have to farm.

I"m still farming for Umikaze on the last boss, and Arashi on third boss + yahagi,sakawa and asashimo on H e3.

anderedna

Grats, last map is easier than third map imho. You can still get trolled but not nearly as much as the third map. Probably worth trying on med since you don't have to farm.

I"m still farming for Umikaze on the last boss, and Arashi on third boss + yahagi,sakawa and asashimo on H e3.

The funny thing about E3 is that I didn't get trolled too much after changing from normal to easy. 7 runs(excluding debuff runs), all 7 got to boss, with 5S, 1A and 2C. Hopefully E4 is along that line.

Isn't sakawa dropped on normal+ in E3? I don't have her too but not able to farm as I cleared it on easy.

For E4 I'll try it on normal. What task force did you use? Also where you put your AB, is it all on I? Can I see the composition?

StayDead

Ok, I've not got the ships for STF I think, I need to farm some after this event to actually level more.

CTF might do it though.

anderedna

Running E4 normal. CTF fleet. All LBAS on I.

Setup [B-D-F-I-J-K-L-M-Q]:
5eZGvWs.png

Abukuma luck mod to 32

Oz0lxIT.png

Last dance composition

2nd run(on normal), Katsuragi dropped. Unryuu sisters complete. Also boss dropped both crane sisters.
Uhh.. wrong setup for Haruna and Kongou, both should have a 35 and 16, not like this lol.

Sigh E4. That sub node trolled me more than the K node. Maybe more than 5 times goes straight to taiha.

Edit:
Homeland naval battle done!
Got lucky only single BB hime appear on last dance. S rank that node and Warspite comth along with plane, screws and medals.
Resource used: 50k fuel, 20k ammo, 0 steel(37/38 expedition all time), 15k bauxite(e4 alone took 10k) and 250 buckets. No support expedition used thanks to LBAS.

Notable drop:
- I-26 x 1
- Akitsushima x 1
- Tokitsukaze x 1
- Prinz Eugen x 1
- Kashima x 1
- Aquila x 1
- Katsuragi x 2
- Libeccio x 1
- Amagi x 1

Mizuho and Akitsumaru still missing. I'll try to get them next week.

StayDead

I got to the boss on E-3 easy once. Killed it with S rank.

12 other runs and can't get passed the BBhimes without someone getting taihad v_v

anderedna

I got to the boss on E-3 easy once. Killed it with S rank.

12 other runs and can't get passed the BBhimes without someone getting taihad v_v

Did you have FCF. It helps.
Also put your air base with full land base bombers and torpedo bombers and target all of them to the BB hime node. No need fighters as that node have no air power.

StayDead

I don't have FCF, I need to kai Ooyodo. Perhaps I should farm that quickly since it shouldn't be too hard.

I'll try the bombers thing.

anderedna

I think the FCF is quite important in this map. Without it, I would have retreated more then 50% of my sorties in E3.
3-2-A & 4-3 level grind + FS PVP.

Post event LSC: Maruyu, Yamato(dupe), Fusou, Fusou, Mutsu, Bismark!!!
LSC ship left: Sushi and Zombie

Farm done. Kamo...

StayDead

I've now got my Ooyodo to level 20. 15 levels left. I could push ahead with E3 but I really want to get the FCF to stop retreating/spending so many buckets due to that Wo/BB hime node.

EDIT: Level 30. 5 more to go!

anderedna

I've now got my Ooyodo to level 20. 15 levels left. I could push ahead with E3 but I really want to get the FCF to stop retreating/spending so many buckets due to that Wo/BB hime node.

EDIT: Level 30. 5 more to go!

Nice. Are you running 4-3?

Tried 4 x Yamato FS 6/7/7/7/20 LSC for Musashi. Failed ultimately. Not even Akitsumaru appeared.

anderedna

4-3 shouldn't took too long then. Less than two week for me to level Asashio to kai ni D there, along with Isuzu for AA modernization food.
Oh, if you ended up in node D, might as well try to proceed one more node for a chance to get free bauxite. If you ended up in G node, just close the tab. (CAUTION: DMM/Kado might not like this method tho. Use with risk)

anderedna

Good luck o7

Trying to farm E1H boss node for a chance to get Akitsumaru. 1 CVL, 3 CL, 2 DD. All CL and DD got 100+ ASW for preemptive. Still cannot get S rank on head-on formation :'(

Top Bottom