• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kancolle Community |OT| - Torpedo Cruiser? I hardly knew 'er.

StayDead

First time I tried I didn't even need FCF, got through BBHime without taihaing anyone, everyone was taihad on the boss node.

Tried again and both my DDs (Shigure k2/Yuudachi k2) got hit down to Orange on the first antiair node. Retreated and am now repairing them both as I'm at work anyway and not meant to be playing Kancolle haha.

FCF only works if you have a DD with green health right?

anderedna

First time I tried I didn't even need FCF, got through BBHime without taihaing anyone, everyone was taihad on the boss node.

Tried again and both my DDs (Shigure k2/Yuudachi k2) got hit down to Orange on the first antiair node. Retreated and am now repairing them both as I'm at work anyway and not meant to be playing Kancolle haha.

FCF only works if you have a DD with green health right?

Sadly yes. I think yellow is okay as well.

Comrad. I got Mizuho at office as well. I also got my Yuu in the office as well, hands in the air celebrating... lol

StayDead

Comrad. I got Mizuho at office as well. I also got my Yuu in the office as well, hands in the air celebrating... lol

Does Yuu drop anywhere this event? Probably will need to wait to farm next event due to low resources, but it's going to be a farm for either Aquila, Prinz or her at the end if I still have time.

Praying for extensions.

DD needs to be in green health to trigger FCF
Does Yuu drop anywhere this event? Probably will need to wait to farm next event due to low resources, but it's going to be a farm for either Aquila, Prinz or her at the end if I still have time.

Praying for extensions.
there's no major bug or server crash so far, don't think there'll be extension. besides, the current event end date is kinda special...

anderedna

Yuu from last event. Sorry if I got you exited.

Okay I'm mistaken for DD then. But if 2 of your DD got damaged, might as well retreat.

Yeah no major bug this event. Kind of smooth. I didn't met with any Isoroku the cat this event, luckily.

StayDead

Welp, I don't think I'm going to finish this event again. I'm on easy and I always seem to get two shipped taiha'd now on that node so the FCF isn't helping ;_;

anderedna

Welp, I don't think I'm going to finish this event again. I'm on easy and I always seem to get two shipped taiha'd now on that node so the FCF isn't helping ;_;

Rest for an hour or two. Get some expedition running.
There was a time I was stuck for about 10 sorties straight in E4, not even reaching preboss or taiha on 1st node. I let the expedition running, do work ;p and finally can clear the map. You still got 7 days left.

Also did you do the debuff? It'll decrease the BB hime armor and reduce the airstrike power to base in E4.

DD needs to be in green health to trigger FCF

there's no major bug or server crash so far, don't think there'll be extension. besides, the current event end date is kinda special...
Merdeka day? Yeah, fitting date indeed.

Zombie got!!! Didn't know Noto Mamiko is the seiyuu. Event officially over for me :)

Summer 2016 event haul:
1FvnMIl.png

StayDead

Hmmm, got about 58 buckets left. I'm getting more to the boss node now but I haven't S ranked her yet so i think I might have trouble for my final run (got 2 left to clear, 1 s though). I'll get it, just gotta get lucky with the aiming.

I also realised I was doing something stupid. I was using the AA formation on every node with a CV on it. I haven't done this before, so no idea why I started doing it on E3. :/

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just a tip for E4, if you get clean kills on the boss, you can avoid the last dance final form.
If you don't get clean kills, try to keep it above 200HP and refresh your browser if you can't kill it to stay out of the final form.

anderedna

YAAAAY! E3 cleared!

Kirishima hit the princess with a double attack in night attack so killed her.

Yahoo!

Congrats. Time for E4 for Warspite goodness.

Do you plan to do it on easy or medium?

Just a tip for E4, if you get clean kills on the boss, you can avoid the last dance final form.
If you don't get clean kills, try to keep it above 200HP and refresh your browser if you can't kill it to stay out of the final form.

Also this. I got 7/7 S kills on boss and I never see the final form. Easier to achieve S kills as well since no installation. Torps all the way.

StayDead

Congrats. Time for E4 for Warspite goodness.

Do you plan to do it on easy or medium?

Easy, I've only got 15k fuel and Steel left.

I'm starting to run some expeditions for today to get a little bit more resources. Unlike the last what, 4 events? I'm actually going to continue playing afterwards to build up the bank so I can actually do well on the next event, that involves levelling the good ships like Maya to Kai2

Thanks for the tip firehawk.

anderedna

Easy, I've only got 15k fuel and Steel left.

I'm starting to run some expeditions for today to get a little bit more resources. Unlike the last what, 4 events? I'm actually going to continue playing afterwards to build up the bank so I can actually do well on the next event, that involves levelling the good ships like Maya to Kai2

Thanks for the tip firehawk.

Run 1-6 to get some easy resources as well, if you haven't cleared that map this month.

anderedna

I use (I don't really switch a lot of planes to save Bauxite):
  • AB1 LB/LB/Fighter/Fighter - Node I [refill ~100 bauxite]
  • AB2 LB/LB/Torp/Fighter - Node I [refill ~ 50 bauxite]
  • AB3 LB/Torp/Torp/Interceptor(lol)- Node I [refill ~ 0 bauxite]
LB and torps are interchangeable. With that, Node I is a free pass for me. Perfect S is a common. Both hime usually orange/red/dead after bombing phase with 0 planes, basically sitting ducks. Node L and M is a gamble.

Recommended:
  • AB1 LB/Fighter/Fighter/Fighter - Node I
  • AB2 LB/LB/Fighter/Fighter - Node I
  • AB3 Fighter(6+)/Fighter(6+)/Fighter(6+)/Catalina - Node L & M (Reppu can be used if Taitei is used instead of Catalina)
Might need two AACI ships to take down the planes before shelling. Higher survival at L and M.

Do debuff as it helps. Choose ship formation that go L to M directly. Avoid N. Node K, echelon or line ahead for a chance for S rank(for debuff).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I ended up doing 2f/2b and 1f/3b to I and then the third base with interceptors on defence.

On medium the two air nodes didn't give me any real trouble.

Debuff is definitely worth doing, as is the E3 debuff as it works on node K on E4.

StayDead

I'm going to make a big push for Warspite tonight, but I don't think I'll be able to do it.

I'm moving house tomorrow and I won't have internet. I'll tether for it, but things are looking Grim. I've not managed a clean kill on the boss yet, but not got lucky at all really. Need to run to get node C, just need that for the debuff.

anderedna

You just need to S rank 4 out of 5 nodes, D, H, I and K could be done with CTF, no need for perfect S.

Enjoy your new place. Meanwhile, time to schedule the expeditions using Android phone for resource gen :)

StayDead

You just need to S rank 4 out of 5 nodes, D, H, I and K could be done with CTF, no need for perfect S.

Enjoy your new place. Meanwhile, time to schedule the expeditions using Android phone for resource gen :)

Is it properly out on mobile now? I thought it was still in beta and I didn't get in ;_;

anderedna

Is it properly out on mobile now? I thought it was still in beta and I didn't get in ;_;

Yes, 1st August. Guide. Scroll down a bit for installation guide.
I use it when I went for training for a week. Useful for expedition.

EDIT: I won't use it for event/leveling tho. KC3 is essential to me as I could see ship status.

StayDead

Yes, 1st August. Guide. Scroll down a bit for installation guide.
I use it when I went for training for a week. Useful for expedition.

EDIT: I won't use it for event/leveling tho. KC3 is essential to me as I could see ship status.

This day you have made my life much better.

Thanks!

anderedna

No problem :)

Since I got some leftover resources, I tried 5-5 this morning with 3FBB, 3CVB fleet. Node E sent me home twice. I might not be ready for it yet. Should I continue pursuing that last medal or just forget about that? Could anyone that frequently clear that map share the formation and equips.

56k fuel & 26k baux. will start e4 when the exp fleet are no longer sparkled...
No problem :)

Since I got some leftover resources, I tried 5-5 this morning with 3FBB, 3CVB fleet. Node E sent me home twice. I might not be ready for it yet. Should I continue pursuing that last medal or just forget about that? Could anyone that frequently clear that map share the formation and equips.

been using Bismarck + 5 CV(B) ever since aircraft ranks existed. can't remember setup before it is implemented

anderedna

56k fuel & 26k baux. will start e4 when the exp fleet are no longer sparkled...

been using Bismarck + 5 CV(B) ever since aircraft ranks existed. can't remember setup before it is implemented

Thanks for the suggestion. Finally able to reach boss node. Still, Re class BB in E is OP, chuuha a CVB with opening torpedo and chuuha another with 1st shell. 4 greens and 2 orange to the boss, saw another Re class, along with Wo as FS. 2 red, 2 orange, 1 yellow and C rank.
I don't think I'll do this map monthly. Running with node & boss support is too much of a hassle, mainly to sparkle them.

Waiting for Poi to come back from expedition before trying to get another Pudding. E2 looks easy enough with 3AB.
- Kicking off by going to D node, since I put CAV and CLT together. 2nd try, send an AB to node F, a resource node. Oh Uzuki dropped with S rank...

StayDead

Got Amagi, debuffed the boss and I need two S ranks to clear it (one after one more sortie off A too)

I think I can do this.

anderedna

Nice. Shouldn't be too hard if you managed to avoid last dance form.

E2H. Leveled my newly acquired Mizuho as FS to kai(lvl 40). Uncommon drop obtained: Nagato, Mutsu, another Tanikaze, another Fuai. No 2nd pudding in sight. Nenohi missing as well.

StayDead

Congrats. Glad you could finish this event :)

Still got ~1.5 days to try to get some rare ships. New ships aren't that useful tho, except the Queen, which you already have.

Gonna try for Prinz. Not got the resources for Aquila farm, will try though.

EDIT: First E-2 S rank drop...

DKcAnD4.jpg

:D

anderedna

No luck post event lol. No pudding for me. All I got was DDs; Tani, Ura, Tokitsu and the latest one Hama from wind family. Oh multiple Yayoi and Uzuki as well.

Mizuho already 45, I'd say that's all for this event. Time to level the BBs and regain resources. Next target is to get Bisco to Drei :)

Oh, save Nagato 41 guns for equips upgrade. Don't be like me, scrapping most of them :(

5th6th kou medal get. dammit still need to rely on hayasui like previous event. now i'm scared if I cannot clear upcoming event w/o relying on her :\

anderedna

5th kou medal get. dammit still need to rely on hayasui like previous event. now i'm scared if I cannot clear upcoming event w/o relying on her :\

Wow congratulations :)

I'll never get one of those medals tho. Too scary to go full hard mode, with only Haruna with the ring. Also not sure my patient and sanity will hold up.

Wow congratulations :)

I'll never get one of those medals tho. Too scary to go full hard mode, with only Haruna with the ring. Also not sure my patient and sanity will hold up.

thanks... yeah sanity is really challenged when you're doing full hard mode. gonna ignore nimu since I really cannot s rank the 1st map due to lack of asw preparations

anderedna

Burned resource on LSC trying to get Musashi.
- 6k/7k/7k/2k/100 FS: Yamato - Hyuuga
- 4k/7k/7k/2k/20 FS: Yamato - Mutsu
- 4k/7k/7k/2k/20 FS: Akashi - Haruna

No more LSC until post next event...

StayDead

Last run to see if I get pudding.

I've got a bunch of other rare DDs (all of which I already had) and atleast I got a Nagato

EDIT: Didn't S rank. Ah well, there's always next event.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
5th kou medal get. dammit still need to rely on hayasui like previous event. now i'm scared if I cannot clear upcoming event w/o relying on her :\
Every hard final map seems to need it now. People are going to have to start buying drums at this rate.

Burned resource on LSC trying to get Musashi.
- 6k/7k/7k/2k/100 FS: Yamato - Hyuuga
- 4k/7k/7k/2k/20 FS: Yamato - Mutsu
- 4k/7k/7k/2k/20 FS: Akashi - Haruna

No more LSC until post next event...
I'm still salty that I got 2 Yamatos. It's too bad the ships are really useless unless you need them for hard mode.

anderedna

I'm still salty that I got 2 Yamatos. It's too bad the ships are really useless unless you need them for hard mode.

Haha I got two of her as well when I'm trying to build Bismarck. German ship and everything, Yamato arrived. Less salty since Bismarck arrived a day after.

8 buckets to spare. E2H to the very end... lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Haha I got two of her as well when I'm trying to build Bismarck. German ship and everything, Yamato arrived. Less salty since Bismarck arrived a day after.

8 buckets to spare. E2H to the very end... lol
Spending time farming E1 myself to just finish the transport weekly... I've gotten like 8 Maruyu but no Akitsumaru. This game.

anderedna

Last ship obtained from Summer 2016 E2H was Mutsu.
Well, quite a good event. Hoping next event there will be Littorio, Roma and Graf.

Congrats everyone for clearing the event. Enjoy your new BB, Warspite.

StayDead

Every hard final map seems to need it now. People are going to have to start buying drums at this rate..

Wait, you can get drums another way?

EDIT: to confirm I haven't brought anything, but just assumed you could only get them via getting another hayasui or buying them.

Draxal

Really hope the next foreign ship is Enterprise. Not that we need any more CVs, just... Enterprise is the best.

She would be an op murder queen with insane luck and hp, and be able to launch planes in night battle (maybe only a specific named squad tho); with op named squads. I kinda don't want her in the game as I don't think they could do her justice.

anderedna

Does flagship affect ship development? I thought it was only item development. My recipe was fuel/steel/ammo/baux due to it appearing in that box pattern :p

Nope, unless you're trying for German ships.
Looking at my construction list, she appeared two times with that recipe. Another one with 250/130/200/30, but it has higher chance to get another beaver with that(3 times for me with that recipe).

4-5 this month was mean. 4/4 tries pre last dance, all reached boss node and S rank. Require 5 tries to reach boss node, all stuck on preboss except the fifth time, which reached boss node and S rank.

Top Bottom