• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katana Kami: A Way of the Samurai Story is coming west on February 20, 2020

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member

It's a new entry in the Way of the Samurai series, but unlike the mainline games, this has a top down perspective.

Coming to PS4, Switch and Steam

This is the overview of the game

Rediscover the ways of old in Katana Kami: A Way of the Samurai Story!

Play as a ronin during Japan’s Meiji Restoration in the volatile Rokkotsu Pass. The swordsmith Dojima falls into debt and his beautiful daughter is taken as collateral. Help repay the debt by crafting swords by day and exploring the mysterious, twisting dungeons of the Ipponmatsu Cave for valuable materials at night. But be careful: three powerful factions, the Post Town ronin, Akadama Clan, and Kurofu Family, vie for dominance of Rokkotsu Pass, and your fate lies in the balance!
– Hone Your Skills: Over 100 different weapons and 9 fighting styles means you can fight any way you please!
– Mysterious Dungeons: An isometric hack and slash with randomly-generated dungeons to explore
– Balance of Power – Ally, betray, or maintain neutrality in dealing with the town’s three factions. The fate of Rokkotsu Pass is balanced by the tip of a blade!
– Two Swords are Better Than One – Explore dungeons with your friends or cross swords and fight them!

Protagonist
You play as this character.
He witnesses Dojima’s daughter being taken away and offers to help him get her back.

Gunji Dojima
A hopeless blacksmith who is in deep debt.
His daughter Nanami is taken as collateral for his debts…

Nanami Dojima
Daughter of Gunji Dojima.

Katanakami_2019_09-24-19_007.jpg

Katanakami_2019_09-24-19_005.jpg

Katanakami_2019_09-24-19_004.jpg

Katana-Kami-A-Way-of-the-Samurai-Story_2020_01-14-20_008.jpg

Katana-Kami-A-Way-of-the-Samurai-Story_2020_01-29-20_013.jpg

Katana-Kami-A-Way-of-the-Samurai-Story_2020_02-07-20_009.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
:messenger_anxious:

I will probably buy it.... But I really need a new real Way of the Samurai.

Yeah i replayed WotS 2 very recently, it was still a lot of fun.

I dig the art style of this one.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'll take what I can get in the series. Though, I won't buy it on Switch because this has "PC port" written all over it.

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
oh boy a mobile game!

Coming to PS4 and Steam too.

I guess it's not a mobile game now? :)

Jeez Gaf is like a collection of all the worst gamers attitudes ever: console war, graphics whores,... everything is here.

brap

Banned
Coming to PS4 and Steam too.

I guess it's not a mobile game now? :)

Jeez Gaf is like a collection of all the worst gamers attitudes ever: console war, graphics whores,... everything is here.
blah blah blah. looks like some shitty phone game ported to consoles.

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
blah blah blah. looks like some shitty phone game ported to consoles.

I guess Diablo is a mobile game for you as well then?

Do you understand that top down action games existed before mobile gaming even became a thing?

brap

Banned
I guess Diablo is a mobile game for you as well then?

Do you understand that top down action games existed before mobile gaming even existed?
Do you understand that Diablo came out over 20 years ago and they didn't change the way it looks because people actually like the series? Doesn't change the fact this looks like some shitty low budget mobile game made on a budget of 2 paper clips and a half eaten pack of juicy fruit.

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
Do you understand that Diablo came out over 20 years ago and they didn't change the way it looks because people actually like the series? Doesn't change the fact this looks like some shitty low budget mobile game made on a budget of 2 paper clips and a half eaten pack of juicy fruit.

The genre still works though, Darksiders Genesis recently came out and it was very good, games like that still have an audience and personally i don't find them "low budget shitty mobile game" at all, it's just your opinion.

Old School games still come out and people don't find them for mobile, your vision of video games seems very limited.

Beyond that Way of the Samurai has always been a niche indie-ish series, along the same style of Tenchu. (same studio)

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Is it an over the top action remake of the first game? I really wish there first game would get rereleased...

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
Is it an over the top action remake of the first game? I really wish there first game would get rereleased...

It should be a different story considering it's going for randomly generated dungeons with replay value, and online play.

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
There should be a 10% discount if you pre-purchase on Switch and Steam.

Two sets of DLCs are coming for free.

Be sure to download the KATANA KAMI DLC, available for free for the 1st week of release!

Five Famous Swords Set

KATANAKAMI_FiveFamousSwordsSet_copyright.jpg

• Dojigiri Yasutsuna
  • Nagasone Kotetsu
  • Heshikiri
  • Bizen Osafune Nagamitsu
  • Fudo Masamune
  • Comes with the blueprint for each sword.

Wanderer Set

KATANAKAMI_WandererSet_copyright.jpg

• Wanderer Outfit
  • Wanderer Hat
  • Wanderer Cape
  • Wanderer Itachi
  • Kabra’s Blade
  • Kabra Reborn
  • Comes with the blueprint for each sword.

Top Bottom