• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kaz Hirai earns $1.6 Million as Sony returns to profit

sflufan

Banned
It's a "modest" salary for a "modest" accomplishment that's based on non-recurring transactions.

Color me less-than-impressed at this stage.

Kyon

Banned
No, it isn't. That's a paltry sum for someone running a major international business and one of the world's most recognizable brands. The CEO of my local hospital makes almost that much.

more money than any of us will see in a lifetime.

Fume

unsmashable

Neo Member
Deserves all the money!
nib95BreakingKaz-1.jpg

Love the photoshops.
But: (yes, I am going to be this much of a nerd) Ka is not an element! It would have to be potassium (K).

aaanyways. good going Kaz

Trogdor1123

Maybe, also if you have some kind of perspective!

Yeah, its not like hes righted a sinking ship or anything right? Its not as though hes saved thousands of jobs right? Its not as though hes retained tonnes of money for share holders right?

Nah, none of that matters.

Croyles

That smartphone, and especially those DSLR camera are no joke. Good going SONY.

I bought the Sony A57 camera a few months ago and for that price it is an absolute steal.
True it's not a true DSLR, rather an SLT, but in practice it is nearly the same thing.

B.O.O.M

I think he deserves this because the company is reducing their losses in some of their biggest money sinkers as well as making some smart investments. Add some good quality products that are well received in the market and you have a CEO who is doing all the right things.

Some are just trying to simplify this way too much by solely focusing on the asset sales.

In guessing that Sonys books look alot better than they did a few months ago. Or better yet there actual bottom line looks alot better.

For perspective, Sonys execs, led by Kaz just gave up all there bonuses in late April because of subpar performance.

Top Bottom